FU to this customer I just had

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
A lady called me to setup a wireless router and get her new laptop online and configure her email.

So I get all that straightened out, then her husband asks me if I can help him out on his computer.

He says he's having Java errors when he tries to get into online chat.

Ok...

So I uninstall java and reinstall the latest version. I then ask him to log on to the chat site to see if its working now.

He opens up IE and starts typing www.......

To make a long story short, I just spent the last hour on GAY.COM and their online chat. And the dude's wife was in the same room.

What the fuck?

grail

Tahini sauce in my drawers
Sep 24, 2005
MN
Did he have a goatee, stubbly tatted arms and speak eloquently?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Did he talk about how he got to eat at the Chef's table last night at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant?...mmmmep netshshh

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
A lady called me to setup a wireless router and get her new laptop online and configure her email.

So I get all that straightened out, then her husband asks me if I can help him out on his computer.

He says he's having Java errors when he tries to get into online chat.

Ok...

So I uninstall java and reinstall the latest version. I then ask him to log on to the chat site to see if its working now.

He opens up IE and starts typing www.......

To make a long story short, I just spent the last hour on GAY.COM and their online chat. And the dude's wife was in the same room.

What the fuck?
and then what happened?

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Why would you actually help him then?
Well, I didnt go into the job knowing I'd be setting up gay chat. It was a bit of a surprise, but I'm a professional. I really wanted to ask him why he uses that site being married, but I did the job at my $75/hr rate and kept quiet.

and then what happened?
Nothing much, I went home and scrubbed with Purell and made this post.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
$75/hour? I oughta start freelancing for $50 in my free time to get some extra cash.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
$75/hour? I oughta start freelancing for $50 in my free time to get some extra cash.
Thats what I started doing and it turned into a full time gig. I started at $40/hr then went to $60, now $75 - and Im still cheap compared to some of these guys charging in the 100's

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
so...........did you get a date or not:icon_mrgr

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I was just thinkin... maybe the husband/wife were feeling you out, with some kinda shenanigans in mind...

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
My hypothesis is they were an old hippie swinging couple.

The lady was wearing a peace sign bracelet and the dude had a hippie beard. Both were in their late, late 50s or early 60s.

At one point I did hear them whispering amongst each other as I was working on the computer. Perhaps they were coordinating something.