OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

FU to this foodie hipster horseshit

Discussion in 'What the F??!?' started by jnoble, Sep 17, 2013.

1. jnoble

jnoble Lingering longer for a longering linger

I've had enough of people I know posting on FB the latest liberal fad like a bunch of brainless sheep:

DERP! MONSANTO IS AN EVIL COMPANY TRYING TO GIVE US ALL CANCER!
    DERP! GMOS!
    DERP! WE DON'T EAT PROCESSED FOODS!!
    DERP! ORGANIC! FREE RANGE! FARMERS MARKET!!
    DERP! DOWN WITH BIG FOOD!!

Holy shit, I promise you none of these folks have ever done their own independent research into how genetically modified foods work. If they did, they'd know how they're making a big deal of nothing. But that's OK, just blindly follow the herd and waste your money on organic overpriced bullshit that isn't any different from the regular stuff and keep linking politically charged posts to how much smarter yo are then people like me who don't give a care about where exactly the bananas or burger meat I'm buying came from
    There's also a lot of people on the planet who are literally starving and don't have the luxury of refusing something because it's not "gluten free" or "pesticide-free" or "grass fed".
    FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!! :mad:

2. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

You're using caps to evince anger and mock others. Therefore, your point is super-valid. Moreover, you're clearly at the forefront of an issue nobody else has talked about. And, you ended your post as though you were calling into the O+A FU Line.

I surely wouldn't want to get into a debate with you.

jnoble and HandPanzer like this.
  3. gorram

gorram ;)

4. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

What a snarky little bitch you are. :haha7:

5. jnoble

I actually was thinking about calling into the FU line with this but decided this format was better.

6. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

K, your mistake is that you're on Facebook.

7. jnoble

how else am I going to find out about what retarded trends the people I know are following so I can rant about it on a radio show message board?

8. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

My favorite is the big fatso slobs who lecture me on proper diet and nutrition.

I'm looking right at your fat coffee and cancer spewing ass, Quivers.

SatansCheerledr likes this.
  9. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

Wrong thread...there's not enough boogaloo here, sir. But you're right, they are the worst.

10. jnoble

I've had friends take me to burger places that only used grass fed organic beef and I honestly could not taste a difference between that and regular. It's all hype to me.

11. SatansCheerledr

SatansCheerledr Ideologically Unsound

That's cuz it's all hype.

The only reason this kind of shit exists is because your average joe is a dipshit.

12. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Aren't "foodies" people who seek out gourmet cooking and good wine as a hobby? Why bring them into this? They're the opposite of hipsters.

13. jnoble

I'd love to open an all "organic" resturant in Brooklyn with all the right buzzwords on the menu and the prices jacked way up and use all regular ingredients and foods bought specifically from Monstanto and I'm pretty sure I'd be open for years without anyone knowing any difference. Suckers!

14. jnoble

I guess. I've thought it's more of a generic term for anyone who makes a bigger than normal deal about what they eat and where it came from

15. gorram

gorram ;)

Yeah, I agree there is a difference. Hippies certainly do push the whole "organic" concept though and the thought that they are more nutritious although that is total horseshit.

16. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

17. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

It's complete bullshit... leave it to fucking humans to bitch when science comes up with a way to feed more people, more efficiently. Monsanto is a terrible company when it comes to some of their business practices, but there's nothing wrong with GMO foods. Point out to these morons that our life expectancy is only increasing, and they ignore you.

Organic food is also bullshit. It's great if you raise your own produce and go out there every day, tend to your garden, process it yourself, and so on. But does it really make a difference in mass-produced food? No. Both sides of my family are in agriculture (mother's side diary/beef cattle, father's side farming), and they both operate organically to one extent or another... for one reason, it currently makes them more money. The minute the public wises up and drops the organic BS, they will go back to spraying chemicals all over that food, and we won't even notice.

The biggest health risk to you when eating fruits/vegetables is whether or not the Mexican that picked them washed his hands after taking a shit. This is universal for non-organic, GMO, or non-GMO organic food.

jnoble likes this.
  18. jnoble

This is what I've been thinking. Well put sir. A lot of people are totally oblivious to what pesticides do. Its like they think these big EVIL companies just spray them on everything willy-nilly for no reason other than to try and kill their customers for some reason.

19. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Yeah, because their consumers dying is really going to help the food industry. It's fucking idiotic.

I also love the argument that "cancer rates are higher than ever". No they're not... medicine is better at diagnosing cancer, and people are living long enough to get it in higher numbers. It's the cost of a long life. When people died at 40, less people had cancer because, well, they died at 40.

20. Buster H

Buster H Alt-F4
    Wackbag Staff

Friend of mine sent me this like today. I loffed

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-maclean/surviving-whole-foods_b_3895583.html

LZMF1, whiskeyguy and jnoble like this.
  21. jnoble

People who buy into a cause lock stock and barrel are oblivious to anything that contradicts it and believe without question any stat that supports it. Whole Foods is one of the biggest shams going that preys on hipster douchbags and gullible liberal white people. I want to work there just so I can get on the PA and address the store with "Attention suckers..."

22. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

23. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

Yummy, but do they taste as good without chemicals?

Mags likes this.
  24. Buster H

Buster H Alt-F4
    Wackbag Staff

angry? I doubt it. It's just pointing out the ridiculousness of the whole thing

25. Reaper G

Reaper G POW# 126

I go to Whole Foods when I want something that the cheaper, closer Smith's doesn't. I like the idea of organic foods and farmers markets, but no matter how much better their produce may be, people aren't going to go out of their way to pay higher prices for them, for the most part.

I'll say this, too -- what was Opie saying last week about peanut allergies? I see people needing gluten-free this and allergy that at my restaurant all the time. Where were these health issues 30 years ago?