FU to working on a holiday

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
I wasn't even fucking asked if I was going to be busy for Thanksgiving:arrrh: Yet I look on the schedule at the beginning of the month,,,and there is my fucking name= 5am-12pm,,,normally as it is I work untill ten thirty,,,but hey, since it's a fucking holiday give him the shift and add a few hours:arrrh:

Today I woke up at 4:58 (supposed to be at work at 5),,,I didn't hit the snooze. I took my time and figured just get there at exactly 5:30am,,nobody will be there since the 5am-ers have no work and won't be in untill later,,,,I walk to work and LOSE MY FUCKING DRESS PANTS ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arrrh::arrrh::arrrh::arrrh::arrrh:

Nobody was here and now it's almost six and the place is still empty:icon_roll Gee I wonder why? Maybe because NOBODY FUCKING WORKS ON THANKSGIVING AND IF THEY ARE WORKING OUT THEY WON"T BE IN UNTILL FUCKING SEVEN OR EIGHT YOU FUCKING COCK SMOKING PUSSY ASS BLEEDING CUNTY FAGGOTS:hamm::hamm::hamm:

So now I have to be even later for Thanksgiving day dinner,,,since I now have to go get a new pair of pants from home,,,oh and the ones that fell from my carry-all= Just walked down the street and nothing???????????????????????????????????????????

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Quit your bitching. Someone is always the low man on the totem pole.

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
Hopefully you are compensated accordingly. Most places that require people to work holidays give time and a half or double time.

If not maybe its time to start looking.

good luck

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
eh the old lady have to work tonight 7p-7a but she gets holiday pay
she has to work xmass eve also, were used to it, quite frankly its just another day

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
Many years ago I worked in a restaurant. I worked every Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day for 4 years. I don't miss that shit. Good luck and I hope your day improves.

Mar 17, 2006
This is my first Thanksgiving off and will be my first Christmsa off in like 5 years. Definitely sucks to work the holidays. At least I now get holiday pay for it.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Double time and a half for last night and tonight. And I have no plans to do a damn thing. Why yes I am a government employee. :action-sm

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
My girlfriend is working tonight 7pm-7am, I would too for $41.25/hr

Fez, is your old lady a nurse? Those are nursing hours.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
I didn't mind too much working Thanksgiving. Don't have to deal with family crap and get paid double time and a half.
Plus, when I get to work, it was dead. Easy money!

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
My wife (a nurse) worked Thanksgiving night. It's big $$. I would have gotten big $$ if I worked. But, I'm off. However, I will be on-call for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. But, I get my 8 hours holiday pay for each day and if I have to work at all, it's double-time on top of that.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
I drive a semi and worked Thanksgiving....on top of that I was stuck in fucking Tennessee...over 800 miles away. Quit yer bitching!;)

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
The local McDonalds was open 24 hrs on Thanksgiving this year. Was McDonalds corprate office open? Nope. Why not? If the little people have to work why not the suits? What is wrong with people? I dont go to any stores on Holidays just because no1 should have to work on these days. I run out of milk? My dumbass fault. I'll have to suffer for it or ask a neighbor. Every year it seems more and more stores are open because more and more corporations dont care about employees and thier families/lives. Look at Xmas eve, how many places are open all night now? Easter? Everything is oepn full hours. Are the corprate offices open on black friday? Nope. Insurance company? My bank? Nope. Just another example of how biog wigs at the top pull the strings and how the rest of us do the dance.

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
It is very nice that you do not shop on the holidays, but who are you to look down at those who do. There are plenty of people who enjoy shopping or going out to eat or going to a bar for a drink.

There are plenty of people who do not celebrate certain holidays and there are certain people who do not have any family to celebrate with.

Back when I was single I used to enjoy going to the movies by myself on Thanksgiving.

If you do not like working on holidays get out of that field. Plain and simple.

My dad was a police officer and had to work plenty of holidays. When I was younger I worked retail and had to work on the holidays.

I feel that you should be compensated for working on those holidays, but if you agreed to a job without any additional pay for the holidays, well then, shame on you.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
When I was a young feller, before I had a real job with real responsibilities, the only two holidays I could count on having off from McDonalds or Radio Shack were Christmas and Thanksgiving. Those were the days I would have Chinamen food because those heathens were the only thing open. These days, I saw McD's, Sonic, the grocery store, Walmart, and EVERY gas station open. We went out to a steakhouse for T-giving dinner, too.

Other than eating, I refuse to set foot in a business on one of those 2 holidays. Corporate cocksuckers can get money off me another day.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
There is absolutely NOTHING stopping these people from moving up & out of retail. There are many wackbaggers that used to work retail and no longer do. Don't blame the shoppers and don't blame corporate.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
i work for a fucking finance company and we are were open the day after thanksgiving normal hours. we are open on christmas fucking eve from 8-3. WHAT THE FUCK. i want to quit....this just makes me want to quit more