FU toilet

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
For longer than I can remember (basically since we moved into the house), I've been hearing complaints about our upstairs hall bathroom toilet. I don't use this bathroom at all. I just hear about it. I replaced all the guts in the tank right after we moved in and that resolved the first round of complaints. Lately, the complaint has been that it doesn't flush right, stuff stays in the bowl, etc. Well, WMB came over the other day and checked the roof vent for the sewer pipe because I'm a fag who is afraid of heights. That was all clear. So, today I decided to pull the toilet.

What a cunt and a half of a job it was. The closet bolts were all seized and I had to hacksaw them off. The one side was a real bitch. I couldn't get the hacksaw under the nut so I had to cut the bolt off flush with the top of the nut and then made about 5 vertical cuts in through the bolt/nut before I was able to get it to come apart.

I snaked out the drain, flipped the toilet over and made sure nothing was wedged inside. I filled a 5-gallon pail and poured it down the toilet flange. There was no backup or anything whatsoever. Seems like everything is in order, so I installed a new wax ring and new closet bolts. Well, the fucking thing still seems to flush slow. The bowl practically fills up like it's going to overflow before it starts to drain.

The S-bend on this toilet is really tight. We tried snaking it the other day but couldn't get the snake through the S-bend so that's why I pulled the toilet today.

So, I've decided this toilet just sucks and I am going to buy a new one. It's old, from like 1981. So, out it goes. Our other two bathrooms have brand-new toilets and they all flush perfectly fine. The other upstairs bathroom dumps right into the vertical sewer pipe right at the same point as this one, and again, it has no issues. I guess it's just the toilet. Maybe that extremely tight S-bend is the problem.

I'm going to buy a one-piece with an oversized flush valve and an oversized fully-glazed trapway so it flushes fast and hard.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Oh Teriffic
I'm going to make Steak now :icon_neut

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I am sure that Glenn Dandy will see this thread. I called on WMB, our resident bathroom remodeling God because he's alot closer.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
if the bowl is filling up I'd be more inclined to think that the pipes themselves are the issue.

I'm no plumber.. just my $0.02

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
We got city sewer. And it's only this one toilet, the one that dumps in at the highest point on the vertical sewer pipe. That is why I thought it was a vent problem at first since it's the highest one. I ran a 25' snake through the pipe and they are all clear. And, the other two bathrooms both dump into the vertical sewer right at the same point. No long laterals here, as my bathrooms are all in the same part of the house, one downstairs and two upstairs right next to each other directly above the downstairs one.

Like I said, other two toilets are brand new (well, less than 3-years old). This piece of shit is 27 years old.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Sounds to me like its just an old shitter,,,, when they get old they build up deposits in the internal veining of the bowl.... the thing that creates the swirl.

the swirl is very important to a good flush.... the only other option i can recommend besides just getting a new potty... is take a clothes hanger.. metal... and dig out the holes under the rim.... Sometimes that will get her going for a bit... but the reality is you need a new toilet dude. 21 years of service... put her out to pasture...

If its a 1.6 gallon flush from 1981.. chances are its poorly designed as well.... thats when the whole 1.6 toilet thing started and it took a few years to engineer a good one...

the early 1.6 models didn,t flush < insert pun here> fer shit!
you should pay about 130.00 that will get you the middle of the line decent toilet sir..... spend more and your just < insert pun here> pissing your money away.

to to , mansfield, kohler(sterling) all make good toilets

American standard sucks... stay away from those.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
That's what I kinda figured...

I'm looking at some options now. I found one that I really like.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i hate plumbing...

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Was thinking about a Toto but I found a Kohler that I really like. But, I might have to think about a Ferguson... el o el

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
kohler is good... but stick to the 130 dollar range... the problem with the high end toilets like say a 400 dollar one piece kohler is the parts in the tank cost n arm n leg... a regular fill valve in the 130 toilet is like 12 bucks a kohler one piece high end is around 120 dollars.

So dont get bit in the ass later on those high end bullshit fixtures....the only seling point of those high end one piece toilets is noise... they fill and flush quieter...

Toilets are like cars... do you want to shit in a ford or a mercedes.... Ford might be the better buy... know what i mean?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Fuck that $130 toilet. Get a Howie Mandel model. Wipes your ass for you.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
:clap::clap:

Mine is alot older than 81. I just pulled the top off the tank and it was made in 1957. Works like a champ.
damned.... they don't make em like they use to.

Sometimes I will come across 50's chrome fixtures... tub faucets n stuff... the fuckers still work like brand new. perfect chrome....just amazing how in this country SHIT has become the norm.

just the difference in the weight is astounding.

remember when made in America ment something...?

A good example is a water heater they use to go 20- 25 years.... you'll be lucky to get 6 out of a new one today.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
ahhhh, nope. still hate it
awww c,mon you havn't realy tryed it..... c,mon lets put a sewer in together fez... i'll teach ya. it will be fun.....Im picturing a montage of me n fez puting in a sewer to the so happy together song right now.:rolleyes:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
awww c,mon you havn't realy tryed it..... c,mon lets put a sewer in together fez... i'll teach ya. it will be fun.....Im picturing a montage of me n fez puting in a sewer to the so happy together song right now.:rolleyes:
you been hitting the MD 20/20?

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
yeah!

Go lay pipe with GD there Fez! You wont just like it... you'll LOVE it!

Teddy

Nov 20, 2005
Here
your issue is not an old shitter its a calcium build up in the drain hole
i had this issue a few months ago the way i fixed it was to get a gallon of muriatic acid and dump half of it in the bowl and the other half down the over flow valve in the tank then u need to cover the tank and the bowl with big trashbags and let it sit for most of the day then you can go ahead and flush the now brown muriatic acid down the drain and your toilet will be fixed for alot cheeper then a new 1

i know you took the bowl apart and checked the drain but the issue is actually in the hole on the bowl