FU trendy clothes and tools who buy them

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
So I was at the mall this weekend and I saw a guy with a shirt that said "Hollister, California" so I thought to myself, ok I guess he's from/been to California. After seeing about 4 more of these jerks, I realized it's couldn't be a tourist's shirt. Then I saw the store named from these shirts.

What the fuck!! I just started to notice these clothes and they're fucking EVERYWHERE. And why? It's just clothes with the name of the store you bought them from on it. I don't get why you would buy them and why this particular brand has exploded in popularity. It was all I saw.

It used to be Tommy, then Gap, then Old Navy, and on and on. Are Hollister clothes superior in material or construction to other shirts? What is the advantage of wearing these?

I saw some jagoff coming out of a trendy store with a shirt that had nothing but a picture of a hand on it. The hand was flashing some sort of a sign that was like the rock and roll sign, but reversed, with the pointer and pinky finger tucked down and the middle and ring fingers pointed upward. What the fuck is that now? I guess I'm getting old and out of touch because I have no idea what that gesture means.

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Bob Kelly wears Diesel and Von Dutch doesn't he?

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
The hand thing is probably Dane Cook's superfinger

Darth Mode

You went over my helmet?!
Nov 16, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
I live in New Jersey but work in New York City. I'm pretty sure anyone from or who work in the city have seen those "I Heart NY" shirts everywhere. Does anyone know how this got started?

Loser In Life

Born quitter.
Oct 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I live in New Jersey but work in New York City. I'm pretty sure anyone from or who work in the city have seen those "I Heart NY" shirts everywhere. Does anyone know how this got started?
I'm pretty sure it was caused by a rapper wearing one.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Hollister is a sister company of Abercrombie. It's the same stupid idea except their clothes are supposed to be more affordable. IMO some of their shit is actually nicer than Abercrombie's, but most of it is the same style, I'm not a fan of it.

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I saw some jagoff coming out of a trendy store with a shirt that had nothing but a picture of a hand on it. The hand was flashing some sort of a sign that was like the rock and roll sign, but reversed, with the pointer and pinky finger tucked down and the middle and ring fingers pointed upward. What the fuck is that now? I guess I'm getting old and out of touch because I have no idea what that gesture means.
I think that's the "Shocker" Maaaaaaaan
My stupid friend used to do that in Every Single picture taken.
It's apparently "Two in the pink, one in the pink" meaning vag and ass...
If you're ever on Tv and you're in a frat you MUST make this sign I've determined.
Or if you're a tool...

I guess they're all so cool that girls just line up to get fingered by them.
Wearing that idea on a shirt makes you even cooler.

It's just as bad as the "I'm not as thunk as you dink I am" or whatever.
Or the stupid fucking whoever makes them shirts were it's like
"Joes big wood shop" and then there's a little mock store and a piece of wood from the fake store that looks like a cock. Isn't something like that gay, as opposed to promoting you have a big cock.

Or I've seen about 10 of these shirts in the past month "Define Girlfriend..."
BECAUSE HE MUST GET ALL THE LADIES!!!!!

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Wait, I just re-read that.
That sounds like Stupid Dane Cook's thing.

Ignore my Shocker rant.
Though I've seen it on shirts as well.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
I'm really, really sick of ironic shirts. I recently saw a guy wearing a green shirt.... BUT, here's the kicker. It said, in white lettering, "This shirt is red." We get it, I'm supposed to read your shirt and compliment you on it for something some guy wrote on it... but you get the credit for it.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Fuck, I have old surfing shirts from Hollister
I "heart" NY shirts were popular in the late 70's early 80's... It is retro, due to 9/11.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Lil Jimmys Von Dutch rant sums it all up for me.

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
That's what I thought. Everyone just wants to fit in. Pay to be a walking billboard for a store that only sells advertisements.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Hollister Ca. is where the true incident happened that inspired the Brando movie I can't fucking remember the name of,where the bikers take over the town. But...far as I know,Hollister the clothing company,is in Ohio. Fucking lemmings.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
I was at a football game and these 4 douchebags all wearing Hollister stuff were sitting in front of us. It made me not want to buy Hollister, but kick everyone's ass who is wearing Hollister.

But who am I to say....when I was younger it was fashinable to wear OP shirts with a windsurfer on them. But at least we didn't act like complete assholes.

My parents would have laughed in my face if I asked them to spend $50.00 on a t-shirt.

If you have the money to spend have at it. Clothes seem to be the only area where people claim everyone else is a "follower" for wearing the same thing. But shit that matters, like political views, it's ok for everyone to have the same fucking opinion.

Do what you like already.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
The worst/cheesiest are the Armani Exchange or FCUK shirts. I immediately turn the other direction. Then again those are probably a LOT more prevalent in NJ.

Fendbass22

Jan 21, 2006
Maine
If you wanted a good laugh you should have walked into Hollister and looked at the price. $50-70 for a shirt? If you pay more than $30 for an everyday shirt you're an idiot.

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
If you wanted a good laugh you should have walked into Hollister and looked at the price. $50-70 for a shirt? If you pay more than $30 for an everyday shirt you're an idiot.
I didn't realize they were that expensive. I always thought anything more than $20 was too much.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
"Hollister" Peruvian Hoodies were the rage in 88...
I spent 40 bucks for two "surfer hoodies" that lasted me almost 20 years from some Chick at Rutgers.