FU Verizon DSL

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
I am just about done with Verizon DSL and their not helpful at all tech support.

I have been without internet service since Thursday night. Thinking that maybe the cause was an outage due to back to back storms and it would be back up by Saturday, I put off calling customer support.

Saturday.........still no service. I call and of course get someone who can barely speak English. I was then told to check my modem hook up and make sure everything was connected properly. Keep in mind that I've had everything connected the right way since I've had DSL. Once I stated repeatedly that I did have things hooked up correctly, then I asked if a technician could come out and find out what was wrong.

Finally I was told that someone would be at my house between 8 and 5 to fix the problem. 2:00 and still no one. I checked my phone for messages only to find out that Verizon has to "re-wire" and they can do that at the service center. Now my service is supposed to be up by Tuesday. It better be.......because if not I am switching to Comcast. I don't exactly like Comcast either but it's going to be a case of the lesser of two evils. Why in the good hell does it take 3 days to "re-wire"?

I am just as disgusted and fed up with Verizon right now as Ant is at LIPAA.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
What I have learned is that you should call if you have an outage for any extended period of time, Id call if it was out after an hour or two. That way they at least know there is a problem and have an open service ticket for you. If your problem is resolved you can always call back and have them update the ticket or cancel it altogether. If you still have issues call back and reopen the ticket (write down all the important info because the people at the call center could give a shit about finding your info) and then go from there.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Verizon has almost stopped supporting their copper lines. Too costly is the reasoning. Jump to cable if you can't get FiOS.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I once had a customer with a DSL outage for 6 weeks.

After they tried blaming the issue on the customers inside wiring, I hooked a computer up to the DMARC outside and still had nothing.

Turned out it was a bad card at a network center 400 miles away.

But douche_nozzle is right, DSL is old shit that Verizon doesnt want to support. Plus it sucks.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Fast forward 11 months when you will be here describing what is termed as a "Comcastrophe."

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
Guessing she just outside their FiOS area.
FiOS isn't available in the section where I live. I am going to get in touch with Comcast today and hold my nose while doing so, to see what they have to offer.

And no I still do not have my internet back up as it was supposed to be on Tuesday.

What a choice........Verizon or Comcast. Is Comcast customer service and tech support at least here in the United States?

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I have 6mb att, it's the best available out here. I got sads.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I still have it and until Verizon gets on the ball with the FIOS installations, that's probably not going to change any time soon.
I just want to add a caveat to my post. That's if Verizon is even allowed to install FIOS in my area.

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...lly-driving-dsl-users-into-the-arms-of-cable/

Every place we have FiOS, we are going to kill the copper," Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam recently told attendees of an investor conference. "We are going to just take it out of service. Areas that are more rural and more sparsely populated, we have got LTE built that will handle all of those services and so we are going to cut the copper off there."

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Both Verizon (FIOS) and AT&T (Uverse) have scaled back deployment. They don't want to spend all that money running new cabling. They see wireless as the future. Down here in FL Verizon is doing bundles with Brighthouse (Time Warner) cable.