FU Virginia Beach Cop

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I'm driving in Virginia Beach by this park they call Mount Trashmore since it was once a landfill. I turned onto this Edwin Drive from a main road & didn't see that the speed limit had dropped to 25 ... I was still doing what I had done on the other road. So Officer Baker puts his lights on and pulls me over. Asks for my license & registration and tells me I was doing 44 in a 25. The he asks me what I'm doing in VaB - do I live there or was I just visiting. I tell him I'm on vacation and he gets one of those southern cop attitudes - 'Well Kristine, I don't know how they do things up in New York City, but here in Virginia Beach, we enforce our speeding laws.' I was about to tell him that I didn't live in New York City but figured I was in enough trouble and it was better that I continue playing the kiss ass that I was playing.

Officer Baker hands me the ticket and tells me I can "prepay" it or appear in court on October 11. He doesn't give me a fee schedule but the back of the ticket has a phone number to call. I call it and get a recorded message telling me to access the effing website!

So the fine is $5 per mile over the speed limit PLUS a $51 processing charge PLUS a $15 fee per charge. I'm looking at $161.

Great fucking way to end a vacation!

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Once you cross the Mason/Dixon line things get different.
You're getting away cheap compared to some of those southern towns.

circpro

No Complaints here
Nov 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
20 over in most Atlanta Metro counties will cost you about $200.

VA in general is very anal when it comes to their laws...... I love the No Cruising law along the "strip" in VA Beach.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
You obviously didn't flash enough cleavage.
I was heading down to the beach and had my bathing suit on ... maybe he didn't like big bewbies? Or maybe he was gay?

And yeah, I know I'm getting off easy. Had he added a .2 to the code, it would have been 'speeding in a residential/calm zone' and then the fine would've been $7 per mile over plus a mandatory $200 additional penalty on top of the other surcharges they assess.

What really annoys me, besides the obvious, is that on the side of the road I was on, there is no sign posted saying the limit is 25 mph. It's clearly posted on the other side - I saw it as he was writing up the ticket - but there was no sign on my side of the road. I wouldn't argue that though - maybe there was & I just didn't see it :icon_conf

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
fuck em... I got a radar detector ticket in virginia, headed to Daytona... I never paid it... they revoked my driving privilidge in VA.... who cares.

I get enough bullshit tickets in Jersey/

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
fuck em... I got a radar detector ticket in virginia, headed to Daytona... I never paid it... they revoked my driving privilidge in VA.... who cares.

I get enough bullshit tickets in Jersey/
I can't believe the Virginia State Police would have the balls to stop Wackbag 1 and ignore your "Executive Privilege", Sir. . . You were obviously attending to Affairs of State.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
20 over in most Atlanta Metro counties will cost you about $200.

VA in general is very anal when it comes to their laws...... I love the No Cruising law along the "strip" in VA Beach.
Forget the no cruising law - what about the no cursing law along the strip!!

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
fuck that, dont pay it and never go to Virginia beach again!

They wont send a warrant squad all the way up here for 160 bucks.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
I got a ticket for drinking on the beach on my honeymoon. The court date is Oct. 16 and I am seriously debating even paying the fucking thing. The fine is $25, not bad until you tack on the bullshit fees which make the total fine $96. Should I be good and pay this or just say fuck them and not pay them a fucking dime? I really doubt I will ever go to Virginia ever again in my life. From now on I will go to Florida if I want to have a good time on a beach. Virginia Beach is too touristy to have fun.

ern

Hiding behind my keyboard
Jan 25, 2006
You were on your way to the beach, on your vacation, doing what you wanted to do. He was doing his job, you were speeding. He cut you some slack and you FU him. He should have pulled you out of the car and brained you with his asp. Then you would have something to cry about.

I get tired of hearing people cry about speeding tickets. If you don't want one, then do the speed limit or LESS. Most cops in PA don't even bother you until your at least 10 above.