OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

FUCK door to door salesmen

Discussion in 'What the F??!?' started by izzy izkowitz, Jul 10, 2007.

1. izzy izkowitz

izzy izkowitz Chris Hansen is my hero

fucking a, we just moved to colorado this year and then door to door sales just won't stop. what is with this fucking state? I have never had this in any other place I lived. my poor wife just got sucked in by some n***** selling some bullshit miracle cleaning liquid. the poor girl doesn't know how to just say "not interested" and close the door. dude was smearing shit on our window next to the front door to show how wonderful it cleans. I had to come out and run the guy off. we get at least 2 of these assholes a week. if I hadn't been home we probably would have a case of this shit. christ on a pogo stick. makes me want to install a trap door and keep a fucking lion under the house or something.

2. Sct Ptersns Twn

Sct Ptersns Twn Looking 4 a New 1st Mate

I thought Mormons are the only door to door salesmen left?

3. izzy izkowitz

izzy izkowitz Chris Hansen is my hero

strange thing is, hardly any of them have been selling religion. it's been miracle cleaners, dude that wants to mow the lawn for eleventy billion dollars, guy that wants me to spend 6 bucks a gallon for milk, dude that wants to finish my basement, dude that wants to manage my money. they all just need to go the fuck away.

4. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Sounds like some Traveler's invade your hood.

5. Sct Ptersns Twn

Sounds like to me, dude needs to invest in a firearm.

6. Tax Kuntz

Tax Kuntz just being an ass

I thought they buried all the ******* yesterday

7. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

This is why I am glad we live on a main road, semi-rural, with no sidewalks. The speed limit is 40, but people blow by at 50+ regularly. There's no public transportation around. It's a beautiful thing. It keeps the riff-raff away. There isn't going to be anyone doing any kind of door-to-door anything here.

8. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

ive found that a 300ft long drive way and two crazy wiemaraners keep them at bay, that and when strangers come to my house i meet them in the driveway and usually have a conspicuous bulge on my right hip

9. DanaReevesLungs

DanaReevesLungs I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
    Donator

Damn dude...put the cock away.

no homo

10. jackjack

jackjack Registered User

I'd leave too if I thought you were going to toss the colostomy bag at me.

11. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

Last year these "Under Privileged" teens were going door to door in our college apartment complex, mind you everyone in the place is in college.

They were trying to raise money so they could go to Europe or somewhere to "Study".

My friends gave them like 5 bucks each. I told them "Are you fucking nuts, I'm in college, I have no money... why am I going to give you money to go to Europe when I can't go to Europe myself"

That's the only Door to Door experience I've had, I didn't know people still sold shit that way.

12. jackjack

jackjack Registered User

In my experience, they are hawking their religion or their political agenda.

The landscapers and painters leave flyers in the mailbox, they know they get better results not pissing people off by bothering them.

13. roche

roche i am lame
    Wackbag Staff

There is no trip. They are not underprivileged teens.

They are all about 18 - 22. They are paid workers. There is some company that takes them from city to city where they hit up different neighborhoods. They looks for neighborhoods where you are forced to park in front of your house or the driveway is on the side of your house. The odds are better in those neighborhoods

About 8 or 9 years I had a call center job where my days off were in the middle of the week. One day around 11 or so one of these guys comes knocking at my door while i was smoking a joint. I told the guy I wasn't interested and he asked if I knew to get any pot from. I obviously assumed he could smell me smoking. I tell him I don't know where but for some reason I offer to finish my joint with him.

As we are smoking, he starts to tell me about them whole scam. They have a guy that recruits college kids to go from city to city and do this scam. They go from place to place in a van. They never stay in one place for more than three days. If you order, the magazines never show up and they are long gone with your cash. The teams are usually 5 to 6 people and it is three people to a hotel room they can find in town.

The point of my long stupid story is those magazine guys are a scam.

14. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

They were selling magazines.....

15. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

DOOR TO DOOR scammers... I worked for about 10 min for a company that did the same thing.....NJ PIRG......I walked to the train station and went home....Not into Sweaty hippie fuckoes disguised as my equals....

16. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

17. Sct Ptersns Twn

But, then what happenned?

18. WonkaVision

WonkaVision To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!

2 hot Mormon girls used to come to my apartment when I was in college, but they where not allowed to enter a boy's apartment. Cock teases.

19. Chino Kapone

Chino Kapone Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?

the magazine people usually end up being ok. i ended up with 2 years of Maxim for like 20 bucks back when maxim was good. the guy who sold them to me was a complete slob.

i cant stand the mexicans that go door to door asking to mow lawns. that annoys the shit outta me.

20. demonseed

demonseed Lingering since 1999

I had a fuckin Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman knock on my door about 2 months ago. First of all, I didnt know we were back in the 50's and they still had vacuum cleaner saleseman. So, the guy knocks on the door, I answer it, and he immediately shoves a roll of paper towels in my hand and says "Hey man, hows it going , I would love to be able to show you the best floor cleaner in the world". So my wife (who has a sense of humor like mine) had him come in.. He hauled in this huge box and asked if we have heard of the Kirby.. Obvously we said yes, and he asked if he can demonstrate it for us. So I knew my wife was just thinking "sure, you can vacuum the carpet for me so i dont have to do it tomorrow". But... this pain in the ass stayed at our house for almost 2 hours showing us everything this thing does (vacuum, shampoo carpet, clean car mats, couch upholstery). And then he gets to the sales part.. Only 1999.99.. I laughed in his face and said no way, I love my vacuum. He tried every sales pitch in the book, including the guilt trip, asking me "If you didnt want to buy it, why did you have me come in". My answer was "you asked if you can show us a floor cleaner, and I said yes. I never ever even uttered any statement that I wanted to or was even thinking of buying it". He then told me I can have the "floor model" he was using for this demonstration for only 599.99 plus he would take my Dyson away.. I told him no way, but thanks for your time.. He was not happy. hahahahha

21. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

Kirby makes good stuff. It's a shame they gotta resort to cheesy sales techniques.

22. demonseed

demonseed Lingering since 1999

yeah, Kirby has a good rep, but apparantly they only sell door to door still.

23. Jambi

Jambi Infidel

A 50-cent "No Solicitors" sign on the door works great.

24. blee

blee Will Drink Today

Cutco knives does that door to door shit also. They are great knives but way too expensive for my blood.
    My cousin loved to fuck with solicitors, he would open the door with a bottle of whisky in hand and offer them a pull. If they refused, he would say fuck you faggot and slam the door in their face. For the bible thumpers, we had Marylin Manson pictures in the door window and they would high tail it once they saw them.

25. Sct Ptersns Twn

Jesus Christ, the first thing I thought of was:

"Cut-bro knives the only knife to use for all your killing needs".

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

I must really be a racist, fuck. *shrugs*