Fuck FIFA 12

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Was just looking over my payment history to Microsoft and noticed that my account was compromised sometime last month. On the 27th some (apparently prolific) jackass used my account to purchase about 130 dollars worth of FIFA 12 DLC. Luckily I caught it within Paypal's 45 day policy, but I don't have much hope for recovering the money. Has anyone had to deal with Microsoft/Paypal for something like this? I didn't know where to start, so I just filed reports to Paypal on all three purchases.

My Xbox live account also plainly shows that my console was logged into from another console that hasn't been seen since the 27th of December, so I'm hopeful that will count for something.

I just wish I knew what was actually compromised, my Windows Live/XBLA account or my Paypal account. Or both.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Huh, I wish I would have noticed that article when I was Googling about this. That's a more concrete answer than I uncovered anywhere else. Just a lot of frustrated people talking about being locked out of their accounts and stolen money for like 5 months. Since it's happened to so many people with the same damn game, they need to suspend the FIFA DLC and have some simple disputing process, since it's kind of easy to tell who was hit this way. Same game, same three achievements.

I updated passwords on everything, but if Kotaku was right that won't matter. I did remove the paypal attachment to the xbox website though, so maybe that will. Hopefully they just hit once and move on. It looked like most people got hit for the same amount I did, but some looked to get even harder so I'm glad it was only 130. I'm still going to try my damnedest to get that back.

Thank you for the link.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
No Problem. Microsoft also needs to actually acknowledge that they have a problem.

Aug 11, 2005
if you're over twelve , why are you playing soccer?

if you're over twelve why are playing soccer in a video game?

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011

I guess we all can't all be man enough to be fat alcoholic pieces of shit like you.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee

I've never played a FIFA game. The FIFA games are merely the avenue the hackers use as fraud. There are DLC packs that can be bought and traded among accounts so they hack in and use it to launder their dirty Russian money.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
But I do now have a big fat 3 achievements out of ?? FIFA 2012 blight on my played games menu forever.

Joker1919

Oct 11, 2008
Central Kentucky
Happened to me last month. The one time I used a credit card to renew my xbox live they hacked my account and ran up $100 bucks on my account on stupid shit like jerseys for that fucking game. Xbox took care of it pretty quick though. I do wish they would tell people that there is a problem going on.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Joker, you give me hope. Sounds like exactly what happened to me, probably even spent it on the same thing. Did you contact Xbox, your bank, or Paypal? I've put in disputes with Paypal, but I want to make sure I get this done right since I'm already 30 days out on my 45 day paypal dispute limit.

Joker1919

Oct 11, 2008
Central Kentucky
Mine was a debit card and I contacted who I have it through and they got it fixed quickly. X Box was fast in providing my debit card company with info though. Long story short I did get my money back.

Aug 11, 2005
you still use paypal?

I use the big companies, I don't get fucked with

boardsofcanada

You're a Charcoal Briquette..ditsoon..a moolinyan
Jun 8, 2006
The most sickening thing about this is that there's 130 dollars of downloadable content for a soccer game that comes out every year.

Feb 10, 2004
NJ
^casey Anthony has such a hot body in that picture, child killer or not.

BB, don't you drive pretend cars in video games? Well that's ok cause I'm an archer and kill trolls in skyrim. Every game is lame when you break it down. Just play what you have fun playing.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I actually used to like to watch my friend play FIFA. He was really good at it and made the games look smooth and natural. He had me try once and it was me passing the ball back and forth between the same two people in NBA Jam all over again.

Well, I don't remember for sure if it was a FIFA soccer game. There was definitely some soccerin' going on.

Aug 11, 2005
^casey Anthony has such a hot body in that picture, child killer or not.

BB, don't you drive pretend cars in video games? Well that's ok cause I'm an archer and kill trolls in skyrim. Every game is lame when you break it down. Just play what you have fun playing.
touche' bauer touche'

I was really drunk and surly this week but ok now

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Paypal ruled in my favor and will be reimbursing all three charges. Seems Microsoft isn't happy with having to do that, and has put a ban on any further transactions between me and them unless I call them first.