Fuck Google

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I never wanted a google account. I don't even know what it does, but somehow they forced it on me. Now it's linked to all kinds of other accounts and it's fucking them all up. Can't comment on youtube because my google account email isn't verified or someshit. Went to google, signed in, no problem, but it didn't fix anything. Went to yahoo which was the email I used for youtube and is now linked to google, tried using that and signing up with that, and I keep getting errors. Even my school email is linked to google and signing in there brings up errors.

I didn't want your shitty "next big thing" or whatever the fuck you're trying to force on everyone, and I sure as hell didn't want all the bullshit problems that come with it. Aggressive, invasive cocksuckers.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Kinda hard to avoid them now since they have either bought or partnered with different companies...

Like recently:

On April 4, 2011, The Globe and Mail reported that Google bid $900 million for six thousand Nortel Networks patents.[106]

On August 15, 2011, Google announced that it would acquire Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion[107][108] subject to approval from regulators in the United States and Europe. In a post on Google's blog, Google Chief Executive and co-founder Larry Page revealed that Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility is a strategic move to strengthen Google's patent portfolio. The company's Android operating system has come under fire in an industry-wide patent battle, as Apple and Microsoft have taken to court Android device makers such as HTC, Samsung and Motorola.[109] This purchase was made in part to help Google gain Motorola's considerable patent portfolio on mobile phones and wireless technologies to help protect it in its ongoing patent disputes with other companies,[110] mainly Apple and Microsoft[109] and to allow it to continue to freely offer Android

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
its the way of the world, bend over and take it, or be plowed under and forgotten

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Personally I like the integration Google offers... the only annoyance I have is when I go to youtube I have to switch from my business gmail account to my personal one... but even that only takes a few seconds.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Hotmail is having the same shitty 'difficulties' too. Seems like a massive bunch of BULLSHIT.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I hope they don't acquire the GEnie BBS, I'll be fucked.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
A&P, Montgomery Ward, Sears, Wal-Mart

Prodigy, AOL, Yahoo, Google

Somebody better will always come along

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I never got a Google account. I deleted my YouTube account instead and I don't regret it.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Google+ is essentially Facebook & Twitter in one service, which allows you more control over what you do. One kinda cool think with the Android app is it allows you to see public posts made near you. Probably a great thing if you're concerned with avoiding DUI checkpoints.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Google+ is essentially Facebook & Twitter in one service
That sounds fine (in the '50s, highly energetic sense of the word).

But let's talk about the difference between Google+ (the "new social network") and HAVING A *****GOOGLE ACCOUNT*****. What the shit is the point of the latter?

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
That sounds fine (in the '50s, highly energetic sense of the word).

But let's talk about the difference between Google+ (the "new social network") and HAVING A *****GOOGLE ACCOUNT*****. What the shit is the point of the latter?
Integration. It's essential (and helpful) if you have an Android phone. The concept is one log-in allows you access to everything you use... email, picture storage, social networking, voicemail, business tools, etc etc.

The reason they want you to use a google account with Youtube is Youtube is now one of their services and they would rather have one account linked to everything. Also it probably allows them to keep better advertising data on each account.

I have no idea how or why it's messing up your school and Yahoo email accounts... those shouldn't be affected. Essentially it should have just asked you to make a gmail account and link your youtube page to that.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Integration. It's essential (and helpful) if you have an Android phone. The concept is one log-in allows you access to everything you use... email, picture storage, social networking, voicemail, business tools, etc etc.

The reason they want you to use a google account with Youtube is Youtube is now one of their services and they would rather have one account linked to everything. Also it probably allows them to keep better advertising data on each account.

I have no idea how or why it's messing up your school and Yahoo email accounts... those shouldn't be affected. Essentially it should have just asked you to make a gmail account and link your youtube page to that.
Dummies who got sucked in to "apps" are ruining it for everyone else. I knew this shit would happen.

Stop being such suckers and ascribing to the bullshit they're telling you you can't live without.

Aps more like dicks tss.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Dummies who got sucked in to "apps" are ruining it for everyone else. I knew this shit would happen.

Stop being such suckers and ascribing to the bullshit they're telling you you can't live without.

Aps more like dicks tss.
How did apps ruin "it" for you?

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Read the thread.

START WITH TRYING TO ANSWER WHAT THE FUCK A "GOOGLE ACCOUNT" EVEN FUCKING IS

dumb asshole.
a) Your Google Account has nothing to do with apps in this situation.

b) Your question has been answered. It's an account that allows access to a suite of services.

c) This "dumb asshole" understands how to use a Google account.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Fine, maybe we got off on the wrong foot.

Why does this "account" that I never heard of or wanted, continue to ruin all my login experiences.

What the fuck does "suite" of services mean. What possible justification could there be for forcing this unbelievably annoying, unwanted horse shit?

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Fine, maybe we got off on the wrong foot.

Why does this "account" that I never heard of or wanted, continue to ruin all my login experiences.

What the fuck does "suite" of services mean. What possible justification could there be for forcing this unbelievably annoying, unwanted horse shit?
I have no idea how Google would have any affect on Yahoo or your school email address... it shouldn't, they are separate companies. Maybe you could be more specific about what exact problems you're having?

Think of Google like Yahoo. You sign up with one account, and with that account you get a homepage, email, instant messenger, message boards, chat, games, and so on. You might not use any of that stuff, but it's there.

Google is the exact same thing, only much larger. You sign up and you get gmail, google voice, google docs, google maps, and so on. It's all under one account. Youtube is owned by Google now, so that is just another service provided by them... thus requiring a google account to log in. Once the accounts are linked, you can log in with your user name or google email address.

What you might be referring to is some sites have something like "Log in using your Google account". This is optional in most cases... all this does is allows you to use that one centralized account to log into external services that partner with Google. Most of these sites allow you to sign up/log in with an account you make on their site.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
This is optional in most cases
In my experience it's optional in no cases. I'm sure that's because of my own impatience and ignorance that they've preyed upon.