Fuck gout

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I'm layed up with the gout for the second time in a month.It started coming on Sunday, at the top of my left foot just past the ankle. It made shifting my motorcycle yesterday a challenge to say the least.

It was so bad today that I had to call in sick to work today because I couldn't walk, after barely making it out of the shower. Probably time to go back on the medication. :(

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Wheelchair.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I'm layed up with the gout for the second time in a month.It started coming on Sunday, at the top of my left foot just past the ankle. It made shifting my motorcycle yesterday a challenge to say the least.

It was so bad today that I had to call in sick to work today because I couldn't walk, after barely making it out of the shower. Probably time to go back on the medication. :(

I knew a guy with the Gout. Why not just always take the pills? Have you been eating the "wrong things"? /Nannymagnet

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I took myself all medications about 5 years ago.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I've never seen what gout looks like until now....

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
oof!

I have never heard of gout anywhere but the lower extremities.
Can happen in all of the extremity joints, its just more common in the feet.

Gout can present in a number of ways, although the most usual is a recurrent attack of acute inflammatory arthritis (a red, tender, hot, swollen joint).[2] The metatarsal-phalangeal joint at the base of the big toe is affected most often, accounting for half of cases.[3] Other joints, such as the heels, knees, wrists and fingers, may also be affected.[3]

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

Let me guess you take Indomethacin... which used to feel like a ninja throwing star going through my guts but it worked.

I recently changed to Colcrys which unfortunately is not available as a generic (as it is a reformulated herbal remedy) but it works with out the gut churning and higher blood pressure. I take it when I feel and attack coming on.

Only other thing I would suggest is getting some cherry juice (real cherry juice not like Cran-Cherry or whatever) from prob one of those health food stores and drink a lot of water.

Could be worse... I used to have a customer that would get it in his shoulder blades... gah.

Oh and lay off the foie gras

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Let me guess you take Indomethacin... which used to feel like a ninja throwing star going through my guts but it worked.

Only other thing I would suggest is getting some cherry juice (real cherry juice not like Cran-Cherry or whatever) from prob one of those health food stores and drink a lot of water.
Yes, indocin is what you take to deal with an outbreak. 3 times a day, with food, unless you just hate your own guts, is typical. As far as a daily preventitive, I was on allopurinol.

I have 4 bags of frozen cherries in the freezer, and have been making cherry smoothies for meals today. Also been taking some aspirin and staying hydrated.

I absolutely MUST be somewhere tomorrow, so I'm trying to get to a point of at least being abulatory by then.

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
You sure its gout and not tendonitis?
Pain in the top of the foot is rarely gout, usually nerve damage, stress fracture, or tendonitis.
I got it in both feet, fortunately alternately, from cheap walmart steel-toe shoes that aggravated
the tendon on the second toes until they got all fucked up. They get mostly better fairly quickly
when you get rid of the cause, then its tolerable until it fixes itself as best it can in a couple months.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
As a gout sufferer myself, I found this line from Shameless to be one of the best descriptions of it ever.

Frank: I’m a pauper and somehow I got the king’s disease.
Chris: Gonorrhea?
Frank: Kings don’t screw whores. They screw virgins or their nieces. The king’s disease is gout. Big toe is throbbing like blue balls that no blow job can ever fix.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Yes, indocin is what you take to deal with an outbreak. 3 times a day, with food, unless you just hate your own guts, is typical. As far as a daily preventitive, I was on allopurinol.

I have 4 bags of frozen cherries in the freezer, and have been making cherry smoothies for meals today. Also been taking some aspirin and staying hydrated.

I absolutely MUST be somewhere tomorrow, so I'm trying to get to a point of at least being abulatory by then.
If you have a drug plan... try the colcrys... and yep gallons of water... feh...

My doctor suggested a daily drug... ummm trying only to take stuff when I need it... due to the wacky side effect shit... known or unknown...

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
You sure its gout and not tendonitis?
Pain in the top of the foot is rarely gout, usually nerve damage, stress fracture, or tendonitis.
I got it in both feet, fortunately alternately, from cheap walmart steel-toe shoes that aggravated
the tendon on the second toes until they got all fucked up. They get mostly better fairly quickly
when you get rid of the cause, then its tolerable until it fixes itself as best it can in a couple months.
Nope, pretty sure it's gout. It's almost exclusively in my ankles, and it always has been. I've had it for years, and been properly diagnosed with x-rays and blood tests. It comes on for no apparent reason mostly in my ankles (once in a while in the metatarsal-phlangeal joint too), gets the skin red to the touch, and goes away on its own after a few days of misery and inability to bear weight.

I'm starting to get it with increasing frequency, which means a doctor visit is probably in my future.

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Welp, made it through the day with the aid of 4 Demerol, 6 aspirin, 2 Talwin, and 1 ibuprofen. While perusing the pain pill stash, I found a couple indocin and took them too.

My foot is nice and red, with hot swelling, but by god I got to meet the governor today.

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro

Gout in the tarsometatarsal joint of the pinky toe.

Took WAY too much Talwin this morning. Since I have zero tolerance for pain medication, I was feelin damn good.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I just get it in my left big toe... so walking can be a treat...

hold on hold on

Apr 4, 2013

I have it as well. ALEVE...dude, it really does work. I did the doctor route and he put me on some damn medicine that had me shitting like I have never done before and yes, it subsided, but I found that aleve works great.