Fuck gout

i forgot about this thread.... fuck gout, i had a bowl of crab meat at our christmas party, when i was eating it i knew i was going to be in trouble.... damn if i wasn't right, buy the end of the night it felt like someone was running a piece of sand paper between the first joint on my big toe, lucky for me i had laid off the beer over the holiday and it went away in a day or two, fuck you gout, i love shell fish, but i dont eat it now because of gout, and my chick is allergic so i dont buy it to cook at home anymore.
Hmmm... never new about that... never had a flare up after eating shrimp, scallops, lobstah etc... now if I have pate... oooofa...

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Hmmm... never new about that... never had a flare up after eating shrimp, scallops, lobstah etc... now if I have pate... oooofa...
it took me a while to figure it out, a buddy and me ate a few dozen blue crabs one night, the next day we were dying (i also got an insane case of the shits) my father laughed his ass off at us and told us about the gout, i thought the same thing "its an old rich mans" disease, then i got on a king crab leg kick, after a few timea eating them i noticed that my right big toe felt like someone was driving a nail into it no matter what i did. i also get it when i eat lobster and steak mmmmmmm slathered in butter. or if i go on a few days of a drinking bender. its always the same toe always the same feeling, always the same foods, not so much skrimps or scallops almost always crab or lobster, i think mainly because i eat more of that and i slather them with butter. oh and if given the opportunity.... yea i will eat them and just deal with the pain later

it took me a while to figure it out, a buddy and me ate a few dozen blue crabs one night, the next day we were dying (i also got an insane case of the shits) my father laughed his ass off at us and told us about the gout, i thought the same thing "its an old rich mans" disease, then i got on a king crab leg kick, after a few timea eating them i noticed that my right big toe felt like someone was driving a nail into it no matter what i did. i also get it when i eat lobster and steak mmmmmmm slathered in butter. or if i go on a few days of a drinking bender. its always the same toe always the same feeling, always the same foods, not so much skrimps or scallops almost always crab or lobster, i think mainly because i eat more of that and i slather them with butter. oh and if given the opportunity.... yea i will eat them and just deal with the pain later
Ya I originally thought I had broken or stubbed my toe or something... then after about the third or fourth flare up actually went to the doctor...

My only secret is drinking gallons of water... and when I feel a flare up cherry juice and if it is really bad take my meds.

I am having a massive flare up right now. I can barely walk. I've been taking my meds, but they ain't doing shit.

This sucks

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Board outage ate my post.

Short version, get your meds upped.

I went from 100 to 300 recently.

hjpt

I got the gout last summer. Doc gave me the indomethacin. It didn't do shit. And old neighbor guy told me to take a 1/4 tsp of baking soda in water 4 times a day until it was gone and drink lots of water. My big red toe was all better in 12 hours.

DocSavage

Bringing true "old School" whoopass since 1932.
HEY the UPSIDE!: You can now apply yourself as the Prince of Dorne

Maybe this season some of you will get this shitty reference. Ahhhh-boo

"I am not blind, nor deaf. I know you all believe me weak, frightened, feeble. Your father knew me better. Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he strikes."

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Oh fuck this noise, I went on a bender over the holiday weekend and I'm paying for it now, it hurts more than it ever has, just so happens that I had to go to the orthopedic doctor Friday for my neck problem, told the pa that I had the gout and he wrote me a script for indomiocin I'm concerned about the side effects

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
My step dad gets the gout. That shit doesn't look like any fun at all.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Oh fuck this noise, I went on a bender over the holiday weekend and I'm paying for it now, it hurts more than it ever has, just so happens that I had to go to the orthopedic doctor Friday for my neck problem, told the pa that I had the gout and he wrote me a script for indomiocin I'm concerned about the side effects
Take with food. Otherwise you're good.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I'll chime in here to say that I don't have gout. Ha! Enjoy your toe agony, ya gouty bastids!

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
I thought I had it last summer but it turned out to be the shifter on a 4 wheeler hurting my toe. Got a new ride without a foot shifter and it went away. So I can definitely sympathize. But i won't.

If you have insurance get Colcyrs... that indomiocin used to go through my guts like a fucking ninja star and push my blood pressure up.

And drink lots of water... and if you have some hippy health food place around real cherry juice not the cherry flavored shit they sell at the supermarket that really just cherry flavored apple juice for the most part.

And you know to avoid things like organ meats... like sweet breads or pate and shit right?