Fuck Olive Garden

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
If the American flag "disrupts" your dining experience, you should choke to death on your fucking fork.

Olive Garden: American flag display would disrupt dining experience
October 12, 2011 9:23 AM
AP / WPEC-CBS12.com
ANNISTON, Ala. -- Officials with the parent company of Olive Garden restaurants say they're sorry if a decision regarding an Alabama Kiwanis club's desire to display the American flag caused any concern.
The comments come after 80-year-old Marti Warren of Anniston said she wasn't allowed to bring an American flag into an Olive Garden for a planned Kiwanis Club banquet in the east Alabama town of Oxford.
Warren learned the night of the banquet that she wouldn't be allowed to display the flag or the Kiwanis banner in the restaurant, she said.
"I was so angry," she told WBRC-TV. "I felt like I had been slapped in the face."
Orlando-based parent firm Darden restaurants said in a statement that "like all Americans we have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the American flag and everything it symbolizes."
The Oxford Olive Garden lacks a private dining area, which led to the decision, company officials said.
"To be fair to everyone and avoid disrupting the dining experience for all other guests, they're unable to accommodate flags or banners of any type in the dining room," according to the statement.
Without a flag at the Kiwanis banquet, Warren said she asked club members to close their eyes and picture the flag waving in the wind as they said the pledge of allegiance.

Read more: http://www.cbs12.com/articles/garden-4735966-flag-olive.html#ixzz1ai0lZs5i

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
It was prolly the size of the flag/banner(s) that caused concern. For Lions Club meetings, we often carry a big-ass flag and a small 5x7-inch flag to sites and use the small one for the Pledge of Allegiance whenever the big one might cause an inconvenience.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
To be entirely fair, would you want the American flag associated with The Olive Garden?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
But fauxrage!

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
It was prolly the size of the flag/banner(s) that caused concern. For Lions Club meetings, we often carry a big-ass flag and a small 5x7-inch flag to sites and use the small one for the Pledge of Allegiance whenever the big one might cause an inconvenience.
This. It sounds like they more had a problem with the logistics of it since the party didn't have their own private room for their event. Having worked in restaurants, I can tell you pretty much every square inch of space is spoken for already, even if you don't realize it. You need places to set down trays, push carts through, etc. If you start letting in huge free-standing flags you've got fire codes to start worrying about and other safety issues.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Formin' a mob. Bring yur own pitchfok.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Who the fuck eats at 'Olive Garden' anymore anyway. Besides the ignorant and shwoogies. Far better Italian Food out there.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Listen, Olive Garden does a bang-up job of temporarily convincing you that you are in Italy dining on the finest cuisine available. It would ruin the illusion, MAAANNN!

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
Sep 28, 2006
south florida
Who the fuck eats at 'Olive Garden' anymore anyway. Besides the ignorant and shwoogies. Far better Italian Food out there.
yeah i'm sure anniston, alabama is a real hotbed of italian restaurants. they probably wanted to go up to the pizza hut but it was closed because of a fucking moth infestation.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
This misquote is great.

Any flag or banner would have been an issue.
This. Can't be that pissed if they have a consistent policy of not allowing any banners to be displayed in their restaurants. If it's that big of a problem, go somewhere else where it's allowed.

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
I've eaten at an 'italian' restaurant that was a converted church in Anniston and Olive Garden would be considered more genuine Italian food...It's Alabama afterall.

And no real Italian should be caught dead in an Olive Garden. I have a few relatives that say they go because 'the bread and salads are good'. Ugh.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Did you hear that Olive Garden is being sued because it doesn't actually send it's minimum wage Mexican line cooks to learn their craft in Tuscany. Worst lawsuit brought since the one brought against the filmmakers of the "Never Ending Story"

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
Outside of Cici's Pizza, Olive Garden is my least favorite place.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Did you hear that Olive Garden is being sued because it doesn't actually send it's minimum wage Mexican line cooks to learn their craft in Tuscany. Worst lawsuit brought since the one brought against the filmmakers of the "Never Ending Story"
Someone is suing Drive because it's not like Fast and Furious

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I went to this jernt for pasta and marinara, all I got was egg noodles and ketchup.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Dis place ain't nuttin' like my mudder's cooking. She used my grandmudder's recipe all da way from Sicily and would simmer dat marinara sauce all day on da stove.

Aaaahgaaahhbagoooooo!!!!

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Yeah. You ask for penne and they give you ziti! Mama mia!