Fuck Sprint

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
These cocksuckers signed a multi-million dollar deal here in Kansas City to have a new arena named after them and then like the next week fired thousands.

Fuck those cunts.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I love Sprint. But it's because I'm stuck on a company Nextel plan, and finally upgraded to an IC902, which is on Sprint voice & data and Nextel walkie-talkie. Nextel blows a giant cock, so anything, including Sprint, is amazing to me.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I love Sprint. But it's because I'm stuck on a company Nextel plan, and finally upgraded to an IC902, which is on Sprint voice & data and Nextel walkie-talkie. Nextel blows a giant cock, so anything, including Sprint, is amazing to me.
I've stuck with Verizon for many years because they haven't caused me much grief and the service works well, so I have no Sprint or Nextel experience.
I'm curious though, how different are they? Sprint bought Nextel last year, and they trade as a single public entity. Symbol 'S' if you care, the company lost 2/3 of its value since last June. They must be doing something wrong.
Are they still operating as two separate companies?

Max Johnson

Oct 14, 2004
I believe they are slowly merging. Sprint just wanted the walkie talkie. They will combine and become a whole that is less than either of the two original components. The 902 hybrid is supposed to have less phone service than regular sprint and shittier walkie talkie than regular nextels. Fail.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I haven't had any problems recently with Sprint. That's not to say that over the course of the last 10 years or so there haven't been any, but within the last 2 years or so I think things have improved a lot. I actually get through quickly to a customer service rep when I have a question and they speak English without an accent. Haven't had any problems with the reception of either my phone or wireless service either.

Nortonsmeatytit

"That ball is outta here"
Sep 11, 2005
Philly
These cocksuckers signed a multi-million dollar deal here in Kansas City to have a new arena named after them and then like the next week fired thousands.

Fuck those cunts.
just like Tweeter Home Entertainment sponsoring the Tweeter Center (millions per year agreements, etc.) all the while going fuckin broke from over expansion & insiders milking the stock to death.

Nortonsmeatytit

"That ball is outta here"
Sep 11, 2005
Philly
Nextel blows a giant cock, so anything, including Sprint, is amazing to me.
I had a company paid Nextel phone about 7 years ago. Could've completed more fuckin calls w/a cup and some string for Christs sake.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
What a horrible decision that turned out to be! I never understood the usefulness of the walkie talkie function. Why not just call? Use speakerphone if there are others that need to hear.
I get that it helps some people, but I don't see enough customers for it to be worth betting a whole companys' bankroll on to acquire.

I wonder who the next NASCAR sponsor will be?
They were slowly easing in the Sprint logo last season, even though the official sponsor was still Nextel. I'm sure Sprint wants the exposure, but how long can they bleed the cash..

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Wasn't the original plan to "retire" the Sprint name and just go with Nextel? Right now everything is Sprint Nextel, but I could've sworn the original plan was to it all be called Nextel.

I'm probably wrong - won't be the first time and certainly not the last :x/

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Wasn't the original plan to "retire" the Sprint name and just go with Nextel? Right now everything is Sprint Nextel, but I could've sworn the original plan was to it all be called Nextel.

I'm probably wrong - won't be the first time and certainly not the last :x/
Your last sentence sums it up. Sprint never had plans to change it's name and won't do so, b/c the land line company that was Sprint spun off from Sprint/Nextel due to the acquisition and to differentiate the land line company from the cellular company. Sprint is also more widely known than Nextel as far as brand awareness goes.

However, what really fucked Sprint/Nextel was their former CEO who was all behind the purchasing of Nextel and was forced to resign when the company lost a shitload of money through the acquisition of Nextel and the millions of defaulted accounts that Sprint/Nextel opened and later had to claim as irretrievable debt due to the lax policy created to try and gain new customers. Sprint has been in a downward spiral ever since. Not to mention they pay a deluge of money they don't have for branding rights/sponsorships to NASCAR, venues and events.

Rob

Lingerrring Longerrr
Wackbag Staff
Aug 12, 2002
Brainerd, MN
i've had nothing but great experience with sprint and have had them since 1999...

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I had a company paid Nextel phone about 7 years ago. Could've completed more fuckin calls w/a cup and some string for Christs sake.
I made this analogy to a friend of mine. Talking with Nextel was like talking through a 3rd party who only sometimes wanted to read the message.

Me: "Hello Mike."
Jeeves: *lifts his head from a book and picks up the phone* "Hello Mike."
Mike: "What's up dude?"
Jeeves: "What's up dude?"
Me: "Not much, what are you doing later?"
*BEEEEEEP! User not available C4
Jeeves: *Comes back from the bathroom.
Matt: Fuck!!!"Not much, what are you doing later?"
Jeeves: "No_ __ch, wh__ ___ ___ ___ later?"
Mike: "Fuck this, I'll talked to you..." *BEEEEEEEEP!

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I've stuck with Verizon for many years because they haven't caused me much grief and the service works well, so I have no Sprint or Nextel experience.
I'm curious though, how different are they? Sprint bought Nextel last year, and they trade as a single public entity. Symbol 'S' if you care, the company lost 2/3 of its value since last June. They must be doing something wrong.
Are they still operating as two separate companies?
Oh, my service still isn't great, but it's leaps and bounds better than Nextel voice. I don't ever use the walkie-talkie function so I couldn't care less about how good that is. I am lobbying really hard to get them to change providers, but that would involve changing like 30 phones too, which would be a pain in the ass. The only difference is the type of networks they're on. Nextel's iDEN is fucking TERRIBLE for voice and data, but I guess it's either the best or the only way to do walkie-talkie. Sprint's CDMA for voice and data is what a few other companies use as well, so I don't get why it's so much worse than other providers.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
They are keeping the Sprint name and Nascar is the Sprint Cup now. kind of makes it confusing with sprint cars, USAC should sue them. them and World of Outlaws, much better racing anyway

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Whoever invented the walkie talkie feature should be shot. Hearing one side of a private conversation is bad enough, but hearing both sides with roger beeps is just beyond infuriating.

C

carcrash_69

Sprint SUCKS. I bought a new phone from them a year ago. a couple of months later, the display starts messing up. They tell me I have to send the phone out to be repaired, even though it appeared to be a manufacturing defect. The cheap bastards could of given me a new phone. I can't go 6 weeks or more without my phone, because I use it for work, so fuck them.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Sprint SUCKS. I bought a new phone from them a year ago. a couple of months later, the display starts messing up. They tell me I have to send the phone out to be repaired, even though it appeared to be a manufacturing defect. The cheap bastards could of given me a new phone. I can't go 6 weeks or more without my phone, because I use it for work, so fuck them.
They gave me that line about a year ago but I walked out of the store with a new phone. Luckily for me, I had it documented that there was a problem with the LG I had and that I'd been there several times to have it repaired. They wanted to send the phone out but since I don't have a land line it would've been a huge inconvenience. I told them that I wasn't leaving the store without a phone, either a loaner or a new phone. Eventually, I won and since my phone had been discontinued I got the newer model. Haven't had one problem with it and even though I'm eligible for an upgrade this May, I just might keep the phone a little longer.

You just gotta stand tough. And make sure you're going into a store and not an "authorized dealer". Don't deal with the savages on the phone either.