Fuck the Liberal Response

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Here is what I am referring to when I say, "Liberal Response."

"You're ignorant."
"You must be a conservative."
"You must be Christian."

These are go-to responses when a typical liberal decides to debate an issue. The opposing party, whether in the right or in the wrong or otherwise do not have common ground with said liberal, will present articulate and detailed arguments or perhaps just a few facts to back up the opinion, and when the i's are dotted and t's crossed and the argument is summed up, the liberal, rather than picking apart the argument or presenting an argument of his/her own, will simply shun the person.

"You're ignorant." Translation: I disagree, but I have nothing to go with in regards to disagreeing.

"You are a conservative." I disagree with you and I'm a liberal, so logically, you are a right wing racist and therefore wrong.

Take an argument i just had with a friend of mine for example. We have our differences in opinion, and often get into heated arguments, but we remain good friends despite those differences. I posted an article in the CE forum regarding a link she had posted on Facebook, regarding another one of these "Watch what you say" campaigns.

http://www.wackbag.com/showthread.php/140599-quot-Don-t-Say-Gay!-quot-Eigth-Grader-s-PSA-goes-viral.

I presented a clear argument, which may have been worded frankly, but contained nothing offensive in my opinion:

"I hate contrived outrage like this.

If this is about referring to things as "gay," let me explain something. A long time ago, queer meant strange and unusual. Now it means gay. Words change, and now gay is used to describe something strange or unusual. Or girly.

Anyone who takes offense to the word "gay" has psychological issues they need dealt with. "
She proceeded to tell me that what I said was offensive. But she did present an argument.

Words like gay and fag are used like other words to bring down women and black people. Don't post any more offensive stuff on my page or I will block you again
I jokingly called her a fag, which was inappropriate but I just couldn't help myself. Then she warned me a second time that if I made another offensive comment that I would be blocked.

So, going by the "don't be an ass" rule, I presented my take in a more civilized manner:

Using fearful or cloying (I learned this word from Liddy:action-sm) propaganda to tell people what they can and cannot say is not only morally reprehensible, it is a slippery slope which will destroy the freedoms we have enjoyed in this country.
This comment disappeared immediately, followed by:

I didn't read your ass-mouthed comment. Bye.
This was the beginning of her trying to remember how to block someone, so while I had time, I presented her with this, which I stole from whiskeyguy:

These PSAs actually cause homophobia. Someone who previously couldn't give a shit what they did now has to watch what they say in public, at the risk of losing their jobs. That in turn makes people scared to talk openly around gay people.
This was immediately deleted, followed by another comment by her:

Didn't read. Shut your fucking mouth until I figure out these privacy settings.
This is exactly why there is a war going on in this country between red and blue. Liberals aren't the only ones who do this, conservatives can have the same problem. All I'm saying is that libs seem to do it a lot more.

Being open minded isn't about trying to be right all of the time. It is about listening to the other side without your preconceived ideas getting in the way, and then after that argument is finished, you may then use those ideas, merging them with the ideas that were presented and seeing if anything fits. Where it doesn't fit, you respond with your take. And so on.

Responding to an opinion with outrage, letting your emotions take over your logical process, does not make a person look smart. This "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude needs to stop.

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003
My favorite is any crack at fox news or beck. Iv'e been around way before beck and was conservative before fox existed. (I don't get that kinda shit here.)

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
My buddy's wife likes, "You must watch Fox News".

She doesn't understand that one can be fiscally conservative and socially liberal. She's one of those that defines herself socially, as are 99% of the liberals out there.

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
I believe it stems from the fact the large majority of active democrats self-righteous twats. They like to lord social issues over people to make themselves feel better then everyone else. One of my professors likes to start the class period with rhetorical liberal bullshit. During one of these he said "I have never contributed to a president campaign until Obama's" based on some bullshit he was spouting about the poor black people. I wanted call him a fucking racist for differentiating Obama from every other candidate based on skin color yet he would not even of had the ability to understand the hypocrisy. The large majority of democrats vote the way they do because they want a handout or to make themselves feel superior. Fuck all of em.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
My buddy's wife likes, "You must watch Fox News".
That's something else that annoys me. The majority of that channel is nonsense, yes, but some shows are god. Red Eye, for example. They generalize and prejudge yet get mad when anyone else does it.

They also tend to assume that Fox News is THE news network for all of America and that everyone watches it. So fucking dumb.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
It's what goes on in their mind on a constant basis. It goes like this:

[Don't ever prejudge]. --> [You fucking better never prejudge]. --> [You know, I'll just bet you're the type of person that prejudges. I don't have proof yet, but I have a hell of an inkling].

You have to be in awe of how simplistic a hypocrisy it is.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005

[Don't ever prejudge]. --> [You fucking better never prejudge]. --> [You know, I'll just bet you're the type of person that prejudges. I don't have proof yet, but I have a hell of an inkling].

Anyone who legitimately gets engaged into politics, whether by career or by fanaticism, is probably a hypocrite.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Anyone is probably a hypocrite.
Fixed.

I just think it's a particularly jaw-dropping flavor of hypocrisy.

Especially when you consider how it relates to fascism. Which is of course another ideology these people claim to be a sworn enemy of. If you just say the word 'black' for example, you MUST immediately prove your sensitivity level is 10/10, or forfeit your right to have a legitimate opinion until you do.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
"You must watch FOX News." I have been getting that for so damn long. I am a small government, local and states right first person who wants to dramatically reduce military adventurism and spending and eliminate the Federal Reserve. Most of what FOX News does and says is completely antithetical to those propositions. If it weren't for guys like Joe Derosa, Jim Norton and Patrice O'Neal on Red Eye I would have zero want or reason to watch FOX News.

"You Must Watch FOX News" is like a moonbat saying Hooah. The sound of a brain shutting off. Now they have the perfect excuse to shut their brain off.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009

So? Judging someone based on their ideology isn't "pre-judging" them. Pre-judge means judge before you have anything solid to go on. And ideology is plenty. I would judge a Nazi or a Communist in a second. No further information necessary.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
So? Judging someone based on their ideology isn't "pre-judging" them. Pre-judge means judge before you have anything solid to go on.
I'm not sure how, but you completely missed what I was saying. "Based on THEIR IDEOLOGY" - I'm talking about the cases when a person's ideology isn't known.

Oh, were you assuming that I was in some way sticking up for the right? Those cunts? Good ol' partisanship, once again, sorting everything out for the better. "If you're not on the left you must be on the right." "If you're not on the right you must be on the left." Uch.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
"You must watch FOX News." I have been getting that for so damn long.
From who???

Do you live in Mississippi? I've never heard that in my life.

I also never watched FOX News unless redeye was on. CNN's the least biased thing we got.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
From who???

Do you live in Mississippi? I've never heard that in my life.

I also never watched FOX News unless redeye was on. CNN's the least biased thing we got.
As far as commentary goes I'd say The Five is probably the most unbiased show I watch on TV period. Bob Beckel's (Huge lib) a psychopath but he's a damn effective spin artist. Way fucking better than the mutt Hannity used to have, and he openly hates Bill Maher and talks about his extensive coke addiction back in the day (Stories included), so you've gotta love him.

Not quite as funny as Red Eye, but it's a more serious and news based show. (Though Gutfeld is still funny -- especially making fun of Beckel). I dig it thoroughly.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
As far as commentary goes I'd say The Five is probably the most unbiased show I watch on TV period. Bob Beckel's (Huge lib) a psychopath but he's a damn effective spin artist. Way fucking better than the mutt Hannity used to have, and he openly hates Bill Maher and talks about his extensive coke addiction back in the day (Stories included), so you've gotta love him.

Not quite as funny as Red Eye, but it's a more serious and news based show. (Though Gutfeld is still funny -- especially making fun of Beckel). I dig it thoroughly.
I kinda miss The Five, but I rarely have time to watch TV these days. I have 9 episodes of Red Eye on my DVR I'm still hoping to get to. Gutfeld can do no wrong by me, I'm stoked to see him succeeding as much as he is.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey

I kind of feel bad for Bob Beckel. He always looks miserable being there and his knee-jerk defenses of the Obama Regime come across as tired like even he knows the others are right but can't admit it.

As far as discussing politics with lib friends, I don't like it much either. I'm friends with someone who drank the far-left koolaid and is a total pompous douche about news and politics: FOX news is evil, Glenn Beck is crazy, Jon Stewart is hysterical and brilliant, oh and anyone who doesn't see things his way is "misinformed" and "ignorant". It's infuriating.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
I'm not sure how, but you completely missed what I was saying. "Based on THEIR IDEOLOGY" - I'm talking about the cases when a person's ideology isn't known.

Oh, were you assuming that I was in some way sticking up for the right? Those cunts? Good ol' partisanship, once again, sorting everything out for the better. "If you're not on the left you must be on the right." "If you're not on the right you must be on the left." Uch.
"I'm not on the Left" is a political position with a shitload of implications. Someone who honestly believes in Liberalism is going to honestly conclude that there's something seriously wrong with your methods of judging things and people, just from you saying it. They're not hypocritical when they do that. They're just wrong in their premises.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I've found, though, that most of these people who claim to be Liberal really only identify themselves based on social issues. If you get one open-minded enough to have a full conversation they're typically socially liberal and financially stupid, but they'd be fiscally conservative if they had a damn clue.

At least that's the way it typically is around here.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
I've found, though, that most of these people who claim to be Liberal really only identify themselves based on social issues. If you get one open-minded enough to have a full conversation they're typically socially liberal and financially stupid, but they'd be fiscally conservative if they had a damn clue.

At least that's the way it typically is around here.
Yeah well you're in Texas. Everywhere else (especially abroad, but even on the East Coast), left leaning middle and upper class people are philosophical relativists who despise individualism and the idea of objective, inalienable rights to begin with. They're not economically ignorant, they are arrogant in their beliefs and care about them more than they care about prosperity.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
i'm friends with a ginger liberal couple and holy shit are they insufferable. if you have an opinion, either one of them will go on a tirade about how you're wrong and then of course ask if you got it from fox news. but at they also have no souls.

HateMyName

Functioning Psychotic
Oct 15, 2004
DC suburbs
She doesn't understand that one can be fiscally conservative and socially liberal.
Why can't there be a political party like that? No new taxes, but let gay people fuck who they want and let straight women get abortions if they fucked who they wanted and received an unwanted pregnancy in return.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Why can't there be a political party like that? No new taxes, but let gay people fuck who they want and let straight women get abortions if they fucked who they wanted and received an unwanted pregnancy in return.
There is, it's called being a Libertarian, and you really like candidates that they refuse to put on TV like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
There is, it's called being a Libertarian, and you really like candidates that they refuse to put on TV like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson.
This. Libertarians want as little federal influence in our lives as possible, and it's definitely a growing party.

HateMyName

Functioning Psychotic
Oct 15, 2004
DC suburbs
But Ron Paul is really, really anti abortion. Gary Johnson isn't until the fetus is viable, but he doesn't want any federal money to go to stem cell research.
Maybe I'm mistaken because of the way the "lame stream" media portrays Libertarians, but I like public education, libraries, police and fire departments funded by my taxes, and I thought Libertarians did not.