Fuck US Airways

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
30 minutes late departing, then missed my connecting flight because of the late departure. Got on standby for a flight 5 hours later. That flight was overbooked and the next available flight 2 hours after that one was to a small ass airport over 2 hours away from my original destination. So instead of the 35 minute layover I had originally wanted, I've been at the fucking airport going on 13 hours.

Oh and no comped hotel room room because I could have "taken the flight to the nearest city." How about you go fuck yourself? Sure, I'd be where I want to be by now, but that would have then become a 4 hour car ride. Not to mention I already have a 15 hour car ride ahead of me after all of this shit is said and done. Fucking ponderous.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I will rarely fly anywhere I can drive to in less than 12 hours - especially in the winter. Of course, that plane that "landed" 4 miles from my house has a little to do with that.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Flight to the nearest city? That was an option? The airport closest to Philly is fucking Newark. How does that make any sense. These airlines get away with murder and sodomy.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I will rarely fly anywhere I can drive to in less than 12 hours - especially in the winter. Of course, that plane that "landed" 4 miles from my house has a little to do with that.
I'd fly to the mall if I could. I love flying.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I don't mind the flying. It's this I'm not too keen on.

And I also really enjoy driving. Probably a control thing for me.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Flight to the nearest city? That was an option? The airport closest to Philly is fucking Newark. How does that make any sense. These airlines get away with murder and sodomy.
No idea. Guess they figure adding a 2 hour commute to someone's plans is perfectly reasonable. I looked at the woman with the most confused face. She just said, well, that's all we have. I'm dumbfounded.

I'd fly to the mall if I could. I love flying.
I love flying too, I just hate the bullshit that comes along with it.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Get used to it. Airlines are cutting back on flights to fill up
planes to save money. Your gonna see alot more of this and
more flights that involve layovers at their hubs.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
So instead of the 35 minute layover I had originally wanted, I've been at the fucking airport going on 13 hours.
Do I have a deal for you! Consider yourself so lucky.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
Direct flights FTW!

Seriously, though, I can appreciate them offering you the flight to the nearest city, since some people flying for business or that have something they absolutely need to get to on time will take it. However, to say that you have to take it and if you don't you get don't get a free room for the night? That's just insane. What if you couldn't drive and your plan was to take the train from the airport you were originally flying into? I would have just told them that I can't drive.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
US Airways are the height of cuntiness for an airline. I hated having to fly with them. Luckily Southwest is pretty good about getting me where I need to go, assuming I don't check a bag with them.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
Also, how does your Contract of Carriage allow them to deliver you to an airport "close" to your destination? That sounds fucked up. Were the delays mechanical or weather, because you have a lot more rights when they can't get their shitty planes to start. However they'll stoop to classifying a cloudy day as a weather related delay so you're usually screwed there. Best of luck navigating the nightmare that is air travel, I'll be doing it again in a few days.