Fuck you, cancer.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Since I graduated highschool I've been a caretaker for my mother. She suffered from both COPD and lung cancer that slowly spread to her brain. She was labeled terminal about a year ago, and given 24 hours three days ago. She was a hell of a fighter. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel lost and hollow right now, but she looks peaceful. No more wailing through all hours of the night in pain, free of that now. I'm not a religious person but she was, and I take comfort in the fact that she found solace in that in her final moments. I love her and miss her greatly already, but the life she was living was no life anyone should have to live.

She passed at 11 PM EST.

Fuck cancer.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Sorry to hear about your loss, sir. Hope you're doing alright there buddy.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
It's amazing what those stupid fucking little cells that don't know to stop growing can do....

Sorry for your loss...Cancer is a bitch

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Very sorry sir. I still don't understand cancer.

Blame Swype.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Sorry for your loss, sir. Cancer can fuck right off.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Sorry for your loss.

I'm actually grateful my parents are religious... it will just make it easier for them when that time comes.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Very sorry to hear that. I wish the plague known as cancer would finally be eradicated!

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Very sorry to hear about your mom. Hope you've got some good folks around you to lean on. The next few days and weeks are going to really suck. Fuck cancer, indeed.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Cancer drives me nuts. Why can't we beat it. It's 2012 ffs.

Sorry man. This is pretty much my greatest fear.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
My dad just got rid of some melanoma and the fucking interferon almost killed him. Just got out of the hospital again. Sorry about your mom, truly sucks, indeed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
It's a complete fuck all. My Mom has spent more time in the Hospital than she has spent at home since before Thanksgiving. I've been her Unregistered Nurse/Gopher/Chef/raiser of spirits the entire time.

Sometimes I wonder if quick, painless and unexpected is a better way. I went through it with my Dad 8 years ago. Watching a 6'5" 250 lb. hero dwindle down to 140 isn't easy to take.

It's not much easier the second time around.

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
I avoid this thread like a plague because my family has some cancer history. I cant imagine what you going through Transit, you have my utmost condolences.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
It's a complete fuck all. My Mom has spent more time in the Hospital than she has spent at home since before Thanksgiving. I've been her Unregistered Nurse/Gopher/Chef/raiser of spirits the entire time.

Sometimes I wonder if quick, painless and unexpected is a better way. I went through it with my Dad 8 years ago. Watching a 6'5" 250 lb. hero dwindle down to 140 isn't easy to take.

It's not much easier the second time around.
This is all I can think of now. Who is going to get it next? It's like the shit is everywhere. I guess, because it is. Like someone else said, it's 2012 already - let's knock this shit out.

Thank you all very much for your words. It means a lot coming from the lot of you. After watching what happens to someone because of cancer, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It is indeed a plague.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
This is all I can think of now. Who is going to get it next? It's like the shit is everywhere. I guess, because it is. Like someone else said, it's 2012 already - let's knock this shit out.

Thank you all very much for your words. It means a lot coming from the lot of you. After watching what happens to someone because of cancer, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It is indeed a plague.
All we can do is what you did, and I'm now doing. It doesn't change the ultimate outcome, but when they leave with the knowledge that they are loved, it's easier on them. In that respect, you did well.

It's hard for now, and will be for a while. The only silver lining is that the good memories will eventually outweigh the bad...this I promise.