Fuck You Hoboken Sewer System

thetick130

Trying hard not to kill my dog
Aug 16, 2006
NJ, fuck you
big FU to the sewer system in hoboken. today there was a fuckin downpour as i was driving to work, and aparently the manhole covers blow off after a certain amount of rain builds up in the underground system. so in a foot of water, (which i cant see through) my front left tire falls into a fucking open manhole. luckily i wasnt going fast and no damage was done to my car, i had to wait for a tow truck to push me out. i was in a lane at the time, so i was the asshole that had to start a traffic jam exiting the fucking city. and this faggoty reporter wanted to interview me so i would probably be on one of those fucking montages on the 5 oclock news.

And i was an hour and a half late for work, and i ruined my shoes
FUCK YOU

Dani524

Jun 18, 2006
New Jersey
My hubby works in Jersey City and he left home at 6:30 am. We live about 15 miles from there. He has to go through Hoboken to get to work. He was stuck in traffic and 2 feet of water for about 2 1/2 hours. He then turned around and went home. He was so pissed.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Hoboken BLOWS if there is a drop of water. Remember over the summer when the electricity went out and everything was all flooded? I went there visiting some jackass I was seeing at the time and was up to my knees in water walking to my car. Fun times and SO not worth it.

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
I would like to continue this FU by saying FU to the Cadillac Bar for burning down. I visited Jersey last month for the first time in a while, and I was very upset upon learning that one of my favorite Hoboken Bars burnt down

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
I would like to continue this FU by saying FU to the Cadillac Bar for burning down. I visited Jersey last month for the first time in a while, and I was very upset upon learning that one of my favorite Hoboken Bars burnt down
I'm a Mechanical Engineer and went to Stevens for undergrad. The Cadillac Bar was a great place to get in when I was underage. Thursdays they used to have $1 drinks from 9-10.

I'm not sure when you last went there, but they changed ownership sometime back in late '02, early '03, and it went to hell pretty quickly, at least for me. It became a cesspool of meatheaded guido trash. It was always kind of a sausage fest to begin with. The bands got shittier too.

I dunno, I turned 21 shortly after, and I was on to better places in town.

Darth Mode

You went over my helmet?!
Nov 16, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
Yeah! Hoboken sucks ass!!!!!

Oh wait (as I look over and see what's entered in my location). :haha7:

thetick130

Trying hard not to kill my dog
Aug 16, 2006
NJ, fuck you
I'm a Mechanical Engineer and went to Stevens for undergrad. The Cadillac Bar was a great place to get in when I was underage. Thursdays they used to have $1 drinks from 9-10.

I'm not sure when you last went there, but they changed ownership sometime back in late '02, early '03, and it went to hell pretty quickly, at least for me. It became a cesspool of meatheaded guido trash. It was always kind of a sausage fest to begin with. The bands got shittier too.

I dunno, I turned 21 shortly after, and I was on to better places in town.

Im undergrad there right now too. the only place i can get into for the next six months is the scotland yard down by the train station. not expensive at all

Furtherman

Nov 4, 2005
The Cadillac Bar did not burn down - the building it was housed in, along with The Clam Broth House, was demolished due to the fact it started collapsing on itself.

I miss the Clam Broth House, but the Cadillac and the other one were two of the biggest "cesspool of meatheaded guido trash", just like Creampier said. Good riddance.

But as for the drainage system... awful... I've seen cars floating down the street. Well, what do you expect when half the town was build on swampland. Anyway, they're preparing a multi-million dollar renewal project but who knows when that will start - prepare for a lot more floods.