OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Fuck you Sony. Really.

Discussion in 'Computer and Console Gaming' started by TrybalRage, Jul 22, 2011.

1. TrybalRage

TrybalRage Registered User

So after months of my Playstation being broken because Sony can't make a product that lasts anymore, I go to redeem my Welcome Back program to claim my free games.

Well, I'm informed by the link that the Welcome Back program has ended. REALLY? I don't think it was even available for the same length of time that the network was down. What a bunch of fucks.

2. moviemogul

moviemogul Registered User

This was pretty well documented dude

3. weeniewawa

weeniewawa it's a man, baby!!!

I stopped buying any Sony product years ago

none of their junk lasts, they got a great name and then phoned it in after that

4. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

It was available for longer than the network was down. In fact they extended a week. So don't blame sony for your problem.

5. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

I'm responding to this on an incredible Vaio Laptop and I've never had a single problem from my PS3.

Operator error?

6. TrybalRage

Yellow light of death. This is after having it sent in once for a Blu Ray drive replacement. And where exactly was a 'well documented' expiration date posted for this welcome back thingy? Not on the webpage, cause I looked for it weeks ago. Sorry 'my problem' was that I couldn't shell out a few hundred for a new PS3 or time/money to get mine fixed until now.

I know, first world problems. Still.

7. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

The quality of Sony products has declined ever since the old man died in the mid 90's
    Their products throughout the 70s, 80s, and early 90's were of the highest quality at consumer level prices
    Now most of their products are of lesser quality and at higher prices than their competitors
    I've got all kinds of Sony items that are 20+ years old and still work like new, but the newer stuff they make is junk

The 80gig PS3 I bought broke after only a couple of months (to later to return to Amazon) it was repaired under warranty.

I honestly don't see myself buying another Sony product unless their quality drastically improves.

8. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

Sony doesn't even register on my radar anymore.

9. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

Yeah. I used to buy only Sony but not anymore.
    I still have a working Super Betamax Hi-Fi unit in the closet.
    Can't get tapes for it but it still works fine.

10. maz

maz TRueWDTer

Unfortunately for my bank account
    I've been a Sony buyer for years

But I must say , I've never had a problem with anything I've bought of theirs

Maybe I'm just Lucky ?

11. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

I've never had a problem with their tvs but the price
    is just getting out of hand. It's not worth it IMO.

Don't know about Playstations or DVD/Bluray players
    as I don't own a gaming console and I just buy $19
    throw away DVD players at Walmart or Kmart.

12. WhiteHonkyDevil

WhiteHonkyDevil El hombre de los moleculos!

I can get you tapes for it, if you want.

13. moviemogul

moviemogul Registered User

June 3rd: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/03/welcome-back/

July 1st: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/01/public-service-announcement-claim-your-free-games-now/

And on the July 1st post, it stated that the free games were extended to July 5th.

And FWIW, I've had a 120gb Slim since Feb last year without any issues. I also have a Bravia LCD that I'm very happy with

14. TrybalRage

You're right, I should have read the... blog. Instead of the Welcome Back main page or the email that I received. Silly me. And then I should have rushed to get a new PS3 in time, instead of using that money to go on vacation first.

Look, I know it's a trivial thing to get pissed about, but I don't see why this had an expiration date at all. I just got a slim and was stoked about it, even though I couldn't boot my old one to transfer my data, I was fine with re-downloading what I could and getting on with my gaming life. I was looking forward to a little free game action, and it was just one more thing I got shafted with in this whole deal.

15. Magaman

Magaman I stink

I've never had an issue with my PS3s, my 360s on the other hand I think I've had them replaced 7 or 8 times.

16. NoSurviivors

NoSurviivors fmeinthea

Pretty much this for me as well. Sony has been in the sewer for some time.

17. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

I'm a filthy whore for the PSP. I've never once had one break, they're easy to home fix (damn dust under the screen. little tape over the speakers fixes that nice), they play all media, and best of all: the Vita will play PSP games.

Beyond the PSP, sony can suck my dick till I cum in it's eye. Their headphones have shitty sound, tv's are way overpriced, PS2 was the last good system for gaming (and even then they were prone to breaking at random). Fuck sony.

18. Douche McGee

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for you. In all honesty, the Welcome back package wasn't that great. I redeemed mine, but other than inFamous, which I already had, the free games were meh. The free month of Plus was nice, but all that showed me is that it's not worth it for me to spend $50/year on it. It sucks that your system broke, but all electronics can have that happen, especially high end ones. The 360 has almost triple the fail rate of a PS3 and that seems to just be an accepted fact now. How long did you expect them to have the Welcome Back offer for? They could have had it for a week only and it wouldn't have been unjust.