Fuck You Steam!

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Wrote on the developer forums for Dota 2 (some random PC game I play) that one of the ways to improve the game, would be to stop players from other countries being able to join other countries servers.

Two points make this a good idea.

Specifically, if you're in China, you can join Chinese servers, and that's it. If you're in Russia, you're limited to the Euro servers. US? The two US servers. This would both assure that players playing with really high Ping from bogging down the game would not ruin it for other players in the game.

As well as the whole language thing. Dota 2 is a game founded on clear communication. I'd never think of going to play on Chinese server, simply because I speak no Chinese. You can't make a plan of attack when your other 4 team members all speak a different language.

After some back and forth with a couple of other forum members branding me a huge racist, someone must have reported me for said offense, and I woke this morning to find my account banned. For life.

So according to Steam, and the developers of Dota 2 (as the two are tied together), you can't say "Hey if someone speaks a language the rest of the game doesn't, and said game is based in X countries server, that's dumb and shouldn't happen as it fucks up the game based on Communication." because that's racist.

I could give a shit if someone is Chinese, Russian, Indian, Martian. Speaking the cunting language the majority of those on the server you're on is a good thing.

Fuck You Steam!

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
It's probably just because you are Canadian...and I'd watch the member bashing or you'll get banned from here too Steam didn't do shit to you:haha7:

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
Wrote on the developer forums for Dota 2 (some random PC game I play) that one of the ways to improve the game, would be to stop players from other countries being able to join other countries servers.

Two points make this a good idea.

Specifically, if you're in China, you can join Chinese servers, and that's it. If you're in Russia, you're limited to the Euro servers. US? The two US servers. This would both assure that players playing with really high Ping from bogging down the game would not ruin it for other players in the game.

As well as the whole language thing. Dota 2 is a game founded on clear communication. I'd never think of going to play on Chinese server, simply because I speak no Chinese. You can't make a plan of attack when your other 4 team members all speak a different language.

After some back and forth with a couple of other forum members branding me a huge racist, someone must have reported me for said offense, and I woke this morning to find my account banned. For life.

So according to Steam, and the developers of Dota 2 (as the two are tied together), you can't say "Hey if someone speaks a language the rest of the game doesn't, and said game is based in X countries server, that's dumb and shouldn't happen as it fucks up the game based on Communication." because that's racist.

I could give a shit if someone is Chinese, Russian, Indian, Martian. Speaking the cunting language the majority of those on the server you're on is a good thing.

Fuck You Steam!

Could you please translate all of that gibberish into United States English please.

Jambi

Infidel
Nov 29, 2006
FL
There's only two things I hate in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and Canadians.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Could you please translate all of that gibberish into United States English please.
Ever play a multi player video game? Ever play one where you have to communicate with your other team members? Ever not be able to because they speak 'chinee'?

If you bring up how that sucks, that means you're racist.

There's only two things I hate in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and Canadians.
Good thing I wasn't intolerant of slopes of russkies then, huh? The Canadian thing...*Shrugs* I don't have to deal with The Darkies up here. The ones that are around are so far from being an Ape, it's comedic. Either they're still in Awe of the culture shock between Zimbabwe vs Here, or they're like an Oreo.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Wait, what did I do?

#ThatOldGag