Fuck You Whirlpool

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
Go fuck yourself. I move into a brand new house that we just built only to have our oven stop working after 2 weeks. This upity fuck of a company could care less. We have been waiting 6 weeks for them to get us the parts to fix an oven that was worthless the moment it got installed. I have called them 5 times to get an answer as to when the parts will be in. Not one person can give me an answer. I actually had one cunt tell me its no big deal to be without an oven for a period of time. I would love to rip the fucking thing out and throw it through their office window. My next available date to get parts as of today is after 11-30(thats the answer I got this morning). Fuck you, you worthless piece of shit company. I am now going after our builder for installing this crap.

Dont fucking buy anything whirlpool if you expect it to work.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I couldn't live without an oven! Is there anyone else at Whirlpool you can deal with besides whatever department you're dealing with? A two week old oven should not need servicing - it's under warranty - tell them to come out and fix it yesterday or you're calling your attorney.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Go to the builder, definitely. You don't have a store to go to, in a case like this since you didn't buy it directly yourself. Unfortunately, the builders often buy the lowest models, the cheapest they can. Unless you opt for upgrades, you often get stuck with crap.

I've always liked Whirlpool stuff. Yours probably fell off the back of the truck at the loading dock and got banged around or something. Or, the builder fucked you by putting in a the biggest piece of shit they make.

BTW, Whirlpool = Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, and Amana. I just looked it up. I got more of their stuff than I thought.

Juanfartez

Was a POW gone to POT
Aug 24, 2002
New Braunfels TX
Same here with me. My dad just built this upscale house with whirlpool throughout the house from day one the dishwasher didn't work. A serviceman came out two days later said it was the water intake solenoid. EIGHT FUCKING WEEKS AND TWENTY FIVE FUCKING PHONE CALLS LATER it's fixed. Nobody thinks of service anymore. Pathetic.

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
Why is that my grandmother still has one of those old fridges with the pull-to-open-handles, in her basement, and it's colder than any fridge made today? This fuckin thing NEVER has a problem, and it was made in the 1950's or 60's. Because shit was made to last back then. We bought a Maytag fridge, brand new, for $650ish and the fuckin thing lasted 5 YEARS. The cooling unit went on it, and it was $350 for parts + at least $150 in service time. We just bought a new one, But it sure the fuck wasn't Maytag!!

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
depending in what state you live in, there are warranty periods that are mandatory on new houses and all that comes built in like ovens and HVAC ect. most are one year and covered by the builder,go after him, he should have another unit kicking around that is going into another house or so.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Always buy appliances on price only. No point in spending a grand on a fridge when you can buy the same size for 400. Don't ever buy on brand name. Major brand name appliances are no better than the no name one for half the price. You will be replacing both in 5-10 years anyway. If an appliance is over 5 years old, replace it when it breaks. They aren't worth servicing to begin with and a better more efficient model will be out by then anyway.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I agree with that philosophy, somewhat. Shop on price and do your homework. However, I feel some brands can be better than others depending on what you're looking for.

I bought our Whirlpool Gold stainless side-by-side refrigerator at the local scratch/dent place. I go there whenever I can. The "dent" is a discoloration in the stainless steel on the front door smaller than the size of my pinky fingerprint. After some time with some stainless steel polish, I can't even find it anymore. The "scratch" was in the black paint on the side of the unit. A $5 spraycan of black appliance paint fixed that. We were looking at Whirlpool/Kitchenaid because the bin for the icemaker is contained in the door instead of taking up the top 1/3 of the freezer space.

The same model at Best Buy cost $1899. We got it for $1000, delivered, including tax.

We bought our LG stackable washer/dryer set with our wedding gift money so we did splurge a little. My wife had her heart set on a frontloading washer. So, I started doing research. I settled on the LG because she liked the steam cycle. By buying it from a local place (where I go if I can't find what I want at the scratch/dent place), we saved about $800 on the set versus Home Depot's pricing. They don't stock alot, but they'll get whatever you want and their prices beat everyone. We had to wait a little, but it was no big deal. Our existing stuff worked. But they weren't great units (came with the house).

Our worst appliance purchase (in terms of not getting a good deal) had to be the dishwasher. My wife just needed to have one with a 3rd rack for silverware up top instead of having to put it in a basket in the lower rack. Some salesman showed her that feature on one and she just couldn't live without it. All I cared about was that it had a stainless steel interior. We ended up going to Sears because they had 0% interest for one year. Well, Sears has Kenmore (Whirlpool), Kenmore Elite (Whirlpool Gold), and Kitchenaid (Whirlpool's "premier" brand) along with GE, Maytag, Frigidaire, etc. They had two practically identical machines. One was a Kenmore Elite, the other was a Kitchenaid. They were EXACTLY the same, except for two things. Yep, you guessed it. The 3rd rack, and $300 in price.

Needless to say, needless to say, the Kitchenaid currently resides in our home.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
i didnt realize i had so many appliances by the same company until sinn made mention of it.

i did get the home builder involved and today they installed a new oven. they have a national account and couldnt get anywhere. they hate whirlpool(workers) as much as i do. this was an upgraded top of their line oven.

thanks for the ideas and hopefully our countries customer service gets better. i mean i am almost willing to pay more for something if i knew there was definitely some help if something went wrong.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I am bringing this thread back to bitch about having to buy new filters for the icemaker/water in our fridge. They really got a racket going with these things. They are $34.29 off the shelf at Lowes, or I can buy them in quantity of 6 online for $27 each.

They do last quite a while though, but still... Comparable filters for other makes are as cheap as $10. I can't see why these are so fucking expensive.

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
These go inside the fridge or are they inline with the water line?

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
They go inside. They are actually mounted in the grille at the bottom of the fridge below the doors.

Oh I noticed it's not making fucking ice. My wife emptied the ice bin the other day and it hasn't refilled itself. I poked around and found some info online, and I did a few things that were suggested. We'll see if it works.

If it's broken, I am gonna lose my mind.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Going back to buying by price over brand...that's a somewhat good thing to go by. I learned something working in the electronic and appliance field. Quite a few of the brand name companies often have their merchandise manufactured by the same outsourced company that does the low end merchandise.

Example in point...Pioneer and Samsung Plasma TVs are generally built along side Westinghouse and RCA plasmas. Same thing holds true for appliance manufacturing. Not only do they share being built in the same factories but that also generally share main components. In the end buying by brand name isn't always the safest thing to do especially if they share features with low end brands.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
If it weren't for my wife.... I would still have no idea whether or not my oven worked. And I've lived here for a year.

I don't cook it unless it can be boiled or microwaved. Fuck the oven.

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I'd say fuck that nonsense with the expensive inside filters and go with the cheap inline variety that goes on the waterline.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
That's odd, usually Whirlpool and Maytag are decent (although Maytag's support stinks.) I have Whirlpool washer and dryer and they are great

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Whirlpool stinks.

I have a front-load compact HE washer-dryer set in my apartment. The dryer has broken 3 times, the washer twice.

If one of them breaks again, I'm buying new ones from a different company.

It's the computer chips in them. They are completely unreliable. And it's expensive to get replacements once the warantee is up.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Whirlpool stinks.

I have a front-load compact HE washer-dryer set in my apartment. The dryer has broken 3 times, the washer twice.

If one of them breaks again, I'm buying new ones from a different company.

It's the computer chips in them. They are completely unreliable. And it's expensive to get replacements once the warantee is up.

We have an LG HE frontloader washer and dryer. It's their TROMM line, with the Steamwasher. They fucking rule. I highly recommend them, and could not be more pleased.

This fucking icemaker still isn't working. I just took a hairdryer to it and defrosted it, and adjusted the temperature control for the freezer to a higher temperature. I am told that this should do it, as it's probably iced up. We'll see.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
We have an LG HE frontloader washer and dryer. It's their TROMM line, with the Steamwasher. They fucking rule. I highly recommend them, and could not be more pleased.

This fucking icemaker still isn't working. I just took a hairdryer to it and defrosted it, and adjusted the temperature control for the freezer to a higher temperature. I am told that this should do it, as it's probably iced up. We'll see.
I see they are pushing that Steamwasher shit a lot now. What is it???

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
It has a steam cycle. Say you have something that was hanging in the closet for a while... You want to freshen it up before you wear it out. Throw it in there and steam it to take the wrinkles out, or make it smell fresh, whatever the case may be. You throw it in, run the steam cycle, remove the item, and you can wear it within a few minutes.

Plus the unit has a its own water heater so it also has a sanitary wash cycle where it heats the water to near 200 degrees.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
I bought one of those pur faucet mounted filters, just to fill gallon jugs to take to work to drink since my local water smells like sulphur and is full of arsenic. I only filled maybe 10 jugs and my dogs bowl a few times and the thing says to replace the filter. another rip off. The only ones to get are the whole house or inline filters at the point of use for just the things you want to taste better. I have one on my coffee maker and ice maker.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
whirlpool is as stupid as it gets. since i had a new oven installed, i have recieved the parts for my old oven twice. which is amazing since they told me they wouldnt be available till the end of november and i got them 2 weeks ago. stupid asses. returned one set but kept the other in case there is future problems.

sinn, let us know how you make out cuz i have a whilrpool refridge as well.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Well, I've done all of the amateur troubleshooting steps thus far...

1) I checked for jammed cubes, or anything else that could cause it not to make ice and found nothing.

2) I took a hairdryer to the icemaker to make sure it wasn't iced up. That did nothing.

3) I completely defrosted the freezer compartment (it's a side-by-side unit). That did nothing.

Next, I am going to check the wiring and stuff, make sure there aren't any loose connections, etc. I've got water @ the door, and I just changed the filter so it's nothing like that.

If I don't get it resolved myself, I am going to break down and call for service... ugh.

BTW, it's exactly like this one: