Fucking nut checking out my house today

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
This has got me on high alert and I'm looking for some suggestions.

A little background on my neighborhood. Nice, suburban, middle class town. Walking distance to schools, stores, banks, L.I.R.R. etc. Pretty quiet and normal except for a wave of skateboarder type kids that have been doing some minor vandalism and graffiti lately.

My house is the last house on a dead end street. The dead end turns into a field that the town maintains. Kids use the field as a shortcut on their way to and from school, people walk their dogs or jog through it etc. The house is also pretty close to the street....like 25-30 feet.

First, I have no idea if this is related or not but, my phone rang 3 times at 2:15am Thursday. Woke me and my wife but I just shrugged it off as a wrong number and went back to sleep. It's highly unusual for me to receive calls at that hour but I figured if it was an emergency they wouldn't have hung up so quick and/or just called back.

My wife left for work at 8am and I didn't have to split until 12:30 so, it's me and the dog hanging out. The dog is big...85-90 lbs, Shepherd/St. Bernard mix and is a terrific watch dog.

She's out on the front porch and I'm inside reading the paper, listening to O&A and having some coffee. She starts barking and I can tell she's not playing...she's spooked. I get up to go check it out and see this guy walking in front of my house that had just come through the field. Mid to late 20's, jeans and a black hooded sweatshirt with the hood up.

I watch him for maybe 3 seconds and I'm about to go back to the paper when he stops. Complete stop. He turns and faces my house and just stares at my house and dog. It was so fucking odd that I just stood there puzzled. He did this for 5 seconds then starts walking again. So I keep watching as he takes about 5 steps and stops again...turns in place and faces the house...I can see him talking to the dog.

The dog is going absolutely fucking bananas. LOUD barking, drool is flying fucking everywhere and she's trying to get over the gate to get at this asshole....he should be scared and moving but he's not. My pistol was on a nearby counter in its holster (IWB clip on). I grab it tuck it in at 1:00, pull my shirt over it and head out to bring the dog inside.

When I get outside he's 2 houses down...stopped and staring at my house. I give him a, "You need some help?!" and he just turns and walks away. He makes it to the end of the street and stops....turns...and stares at my fucking house for 20 seconds...turns and walks off.

I really hope that I am conveying just how....weird...this whole scene was. I didn't want to leave because I was afraid for my dogs safety. Is that strange?

Anyway, I get home tonight and my wife says, "I'm so glad you're home." I knew exactly what she was going to say and was like, "No FUCKING way. Did he have jeans and a black hooded sweatshirt?" Her jaw dropped.

She goes on to tell me that he walked past our house 3 times since she had been home doing the same exact shit that he did in the morning. He was saying, "Shhhhhhh" to the dog while smiling at my wife. She told me the guy actually started to approach the house and tried to engage the dog. This guy really freaked her out and I'm seriously pissed off and don't know what to do besides threats and ass kickings.

Right now I have my camera by the front door and plan to take some pics of this dirtbag in the morning if he comes by again. Gonna give my neighbors a heads up and ask them to keep an eye out for him. I also plan to tell him to leave the fucking dog alone. It's like he's trying to "get to know" my dog so she'll be at ease around him or something. I don't want to escalate things especially since this fuck knows where I live.

Guys, any ideas?

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Hes to old to be just a goofy kid...Is he dirty? very thin?dressed
( wigger )black? skater? are his jeans wore at the bottoms?

He sounds to me like a local kid with problems... the cops probably already know about him...me personaly? I would follow him home and profile him. Knock on his door , check out the parents....

Get a name and check if he has a record. you cant fuck around with weirdos when you have a woman in the house.

could be as innocent as hes tripping or something... but also could be in love with your wife nutjob.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
The call is coming from inside your house.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I'd go outside with a 12 gauge shotgun, rack a round while going through the door, and ask him if there is anything I can help him with with the barrel pointed down at the ground. But I already think people are up to shit if I haven't called them or they have a UPS/FedEx uniform on.

I'd also call the cops and see if they, for a couple of days, have someone on patrol creep down my street during the times this weirdo is walking around so they can stop him and ask him what he's doing.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Tell the cops.. he set foot on your property, that's tresspassing,
of course he could be "touched" and likes your doggie.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
It might be to dangerous, depending on the surroundings of your neighborhood, but could you try and follow him without being noticed. See where he is coming and going from? It may help you identify him.

I would definitely notify the cops, just tell you have seen someone suspicious hanging around your house more than once, maybe some of your neighbors already have already called them.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Tell the cops.. he set foot on your property, that's tresspassing,
of course he could be "touched" and likes your doggie.
Unless the land is posted by the law you aren't trespassing unless you are told to leave and you refuse. And I doubt anyone in a city wants to put up signs around their yard saying "Private Property: No Trespassing"

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Call the police. Two reasons;

1. I'm willing to bet your's is not the first house he has done this too.

2. If something does go down, you have a police record of your concern over this guy. Call again every time he shows up. Start setting up a record of this guy.

The camera is spot on. Get pics of this guy acting creepy. Again, establishing a record.

I wouldn't suggest following him, but if you do, leave the gun at home. Even if you have a carry permit. It sucks, but following him with a weapon could be construed as a threat and you could negate your attempts to legally protect yourself. Now you are establishing a record of hostility on your part by doing that and that's the last thing you want. Like I said, not following him is the best idea.

If you don't have a "Beware of Dog" sign on your front fence, get one NOW. Trespassing or not, if you don't have the sign and the jackass comes onto your property and gets bit, you are responsible and they can put your dog down.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
Call the police, the guy is casing your house. You need a police report record to back you up after you shoot this fucker dead.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Call the police, the guy is casing your house. You need a police report record to back you up after you shoot this fucker dead.
yep, casing your house, most burglary's happen during the day,

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Forget the "Beware of Dog" sign, they're a liability. Better would be "Warning Dog in Yard" and call the police and report the nut job. As others have stated, it's for the record.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
I'd go outside with a 12 gauge shotgun, rack a round while going through the door, and ask him if there is anything I can help him with with the barrel pointed down at the ground. But I already think people are up to shit if I haven't called them or they have a UPS/FedEx uniform on.

I'd also call the cops and see if they, for a couple of days, have someone on patrol creep down my street during the times this weirdo is walking around so they can stop him and ask him what he's doing.
i have to say this sounds like a fine idea. but if you dont have a shotgun, call the cops and let them know. at least theyll be aware of whats up.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Thanks guys....sitting here waiting to see if he passes.

He's kind of a scruffy looking white guy, first impression was some guy walking to a construction job.

The only reason I don't want to call the cops yet is because I don't want to become "that guy" to them. I called them about a month ago to report some graffiti on some signs and a fence and about a year ago because of another suspicious drunk guy that me and my neighbor chased into the field.

Might try to follow him (like that idea), I'd feel a lot better if I can find out where he works or lives but, believe me, I'd much rather have him do his explaining from the business end of my AR.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Just watch yourself with the "brandishing" of a firearm legality bullshit.

Nortonsmeatytit

"That ball is outta here"
Sep 11, 2005
Philly
The only reason I don't want to call the cops yet is because I don't want to become "that guy" to them. I called them about a month ago to report some graffiti on some signs and a fence and about a year ago because of another suspicious drunk guy that me and my neighbor chased into the field.

Don't worry about that. You've got suspicions of this guy and the cops need to be told in order to document this and they need to to check it out.

This guys either fucked up in the head mentally/on dope or is casing your place, IMHO.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
See I know lindy well U live on North what Street.. ha ha ha !!

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Ohhh, shit. It's just Fruitmonkey.... hes harmless. Just throw a ball down the street and watch him chase it .:icon_mrgr

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
May 21, 2005
Philadelphia
What a bunch of paranoid Petes here. Just wave hello, put the dog in the house, and invite him in for some coffee.

bryanswafford

Its the revolution Maaannnnnnn
Oct 28, 2005
Kentucky
I hope everything works out for you. I had someone beat my door down at 4 the other morning wanting to come in and "use the phone" because their car had "broke down". I told him no and watched as he went around the corner to a van and drove off. I am waiting for him to come back and ask me to help him put a couch in the back of it, Buffalo Bill looking creep. Ever since, I have noticed things on my porch and yard being out of place and muddy footprints.

Its an uneasy feeling. Where is Jimmsy when you need him

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
You don't have to brandish your weapon... but next time he walks by... make sure you're in your yard, and your weapon is tucked in your waistband... but the shirt tucked behind it so the weapon is obvious to him.

You won't be brandishing it. But he'll see it.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
What a bunch of paranoid Petes here. Just wave hello, put the dog in the house, and invite him in for some coffee.
Actually, me being me this is exactly what I'd do. I'd have a gun on me, I'd have a shotgun or AR very visibly accessible to only me, and I'd have my great dane mix sitting quietly and growling at him while I made small talk with him about why he was walking around the neighborhood.

Of course, I'm 6'4", 220 and don't have a woman or kids living in my house, so this might only work for me, heh.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Take as many pictures of the guy that you can. Let him know you're taking pics of him. Call the police and tell him a vagrant is loitering in front of your house as well.

I agree with the casing assessment. Sounds like he's trying to slowly work the dog of being comfortable around him.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
and invite him in for some coffee.
Best idea yet...heading out to pick up some plastic tarps and a chainsaw right now.

The dude passed by again this morning. It's hard to follow someone walking when you're driving without being noticed. I managed to follow the guy for 3 miles before he vanished near a high school. I know the area really well so I was sort of able to "predict" where he was heading (residential neighborhood with a couple of schools and a small "industrial" type area. He would cut up a side street and I would take a parallel street and shoot ahead.....think he zigged when I zagged :rolleyes:. I'll try again tomorrow or Monday.

The stupid dog was coming in and out of the house and happened to be inside when he passed by. I kept looking out the door this morning but noticed him after he had already walked by. Wasn't able to witness the same weirdness today and didn't get enough of a heads up to take a picture.

I think my house just happens to be on his daily "route"....he's not specifically walking up and down my street checking out my place but the strange interaction with the dog still concerns me.

Also, being that it was a long walk this morning, it doesn't explain the 3 short trips pass my house last night.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
See I know lindy well U live on North what Street.. ha ha ha !!
Negative.....I'm down in the Village, closer to the water.

P.S. Stop messin with my dawg, you're gonna git shot.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I dunno, if a big ass dog is barking at me, i would probably freeze and just try to produce a calm energy. If the guy was to freak out and run, your dog would do the same thing. Its not like a human can really outrun a dog.