SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
http://blogs.abcnews.com/rapidreport/2007/10/fuel-tanker-hij.html
FUEL TANKER HIJACKED
Email
Print

October 19, 2007 12:41 PM

ABC NEWS' PIERRE THOMAS AND JACK DATE REPORT: Baltimore City Police Spokesman Sterling Clifford tells ABC News that a fuel tanker truck carrying 7,100 gallons of diesel fuel was stolen at gunpoint at around 5:00am this morning on the 3100 block of Vera street. The red Peterbuilt truck and it's tanker trailer were last seen heading towards I-95. Law enforcement agencies throughout the I-95 corridor have been notified.

The truck was operated by Baltimore Tank Lines. Clifford also told ABC News, "This is being investigated as a robbery. There is no connection to terrorism at this point", but officials tell ABC News that the Joint Terrorism Task Forces from Washington and Baltimore are assisting local Police in this investigation as a precaution.

The Peterbilt truck cab is described as a 1997 model 379, and cherry red in color. The Maryland license plate number is 436F45. The silver-colored trailer has Maine license plates, tag number 1268185

Both have the company name Baltimore Tank Lines printed on the side.

The Maryland Department of Homeland Security is monitoring the situation. Baltimore City Police Department is the lead investigative agency.
Kind of surprised this hasn't happened more.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Hijack = Planes
Carjack = Vehicles

Unless Optimus Prime was stolen, then it could be a hijack.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
Hijack = Planes
Carjack = Vehicles

Gee 2 ******* just hijacked my truck or was the line from goodfellas 2 ******* just car jacked my truck

your are showing your youthful age

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Nothing good can come from a person taking 7,1000 gallons of diesel fuel. I hope they were golfers and not towel heads.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
They found it:

Tanker Stolen From Depot Found
Oct 19 02:07 PM US/Eastern

BALTIMORE (AP) - A tanker truck carrying 7,100 gallons of diesel fuel was taken at gunpoint from a city fuel depot early Friday, then found later in Washington, police said.

The driver of the tanker was fueling the tractor-trailer about 5 a.m. when a man in a blue jumpsuit confronted him with a semiautomatic handgun, Baltimore police spokesman Clifford Sterling said. He forced the driver out of the truck and took off.

District of Columbia police spokesman Israel James said the truck was found abandoned about 1 p.m. in southwest Washington.

Authorities were investigating the incident as a robbery, and did not believe that there was any connection to terrorism.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
i have to beleive that at this point 90% of trucks/carriers are sporting gps tracking or will be...That will put an end to these shennanigans...Great scam though...Truckjack your own truck, offload the $25,000 worth of fuel back into your tanks, ditch the truck and file a claim...

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Nothing good can come from a person taking 7,1000 gallons of diesel fuel. I hope they were golfers and not towel heads.
Well until you can start frying chicken in diesel fuel, you don't have worry about us stealing fuel trucks.

ImAlrightSpider

I paid $2 a month for O&A and I LIKED it!
Feb 20, 2006
Natick, MA
Hijack = Planes
Carjack = Vehicles

hijack (etymology)
1923, Amer.Eng., from high(way) + jacker "one who holds up." Originally "to rob (a bootlegger, smuggler, etc.) in transit;"

It was not applied to airliners until the 1960s. Carjacking is usually used specifically to indicate the forceful seizure of an occupied vehicle.

Just sayin.