Funerals for Words. More proof blacks are smart.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/322507_nword05.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-04-30-n-word-funeral_N.htm

Decades have passed since the mass marches of the civil rights and women's lib movements. But it's still common to hear chart-topping songs that contain casual but offensive terms for African Americans and women.

Rap and hip-hop artists are often the culprits, and now members of the NAACP hope to send a strong message: Enough is enough.

As part of a nationwide campaign to end the use of offensive terms and the objectification of women in songs and music videos, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People plans to hold a "mock funeral" for the word "******" on Monday during its annual convention in Detroit.

In the Puget Sound area, NAACP chapters are urging people to wear black ribbons Monday to show solidarity with the campaign to "bury" the word. The campaign also urges people to stop using the terms "bitch" and "ho" to refer to women.

Some hip-hop fans have argued it's acceptable for African-Americans to use the n-word casually and that doing so could strip it of its power to hurt. Others, such as longtime Seattle civil rights activist Oscar Eason Jr., strongly disagree.

"It was meant to degrade you, to put a certain amount of fear into the conversation," said Eason, who serves as president of the NAACP Alaska/Oregon/Washington State Conference. "And to have our kids to use it like this ... it's frustrating."

The "funeral" comes just months after high-profile instances of celebrities using the terms prompted public outrage. In November, former "Seinfeld" actor Michael Richards used the n-word repeatedly during a tirade against a patron at a Los Angeles comedy club. And in April, radio shock jock Don Imus referred to members of the Rutgers University women's basketball team as "nappy headed hos."

Imus was ultimately fired.

After the Imus controversy, more and more voices called on popular hip-hop artists to stop using the words.

Eason hopes the funeral will help younger African Americans -- who may never have had it used against them as a slur -- rethink their use of the word in the future.

"We're constantly trying to get that word erased from people's vocabulary," he said.
P-I reporter Jessica Blanchard can be reached at 206-448-8322 or jessicablanchard@seattlepi.com.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with not saying n****r anymore.
But can they please make a new word then, to better and more appropriately define undereducated detriments to society? Without the N-bomb, we really lose a good multi-purpose tool to define and refer to those subsets of society.

:arrrh::piss2:coold::piss

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
soon enough we will all understand "new speak"

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Eason hopes the funeral will help younger African Americans -- who may never have had it used against them as a slur -- rethink their use of the word in the future.
So, why rethink the use of the word if the younger generation doesn't see it as a slur? Sounds like the problem with that word was well on the way to being taken care of with all the overuse. All that had to be done was to let whitey say it once in a while, and all the power would be gone.
So now nobody can say it, and that ensures it will remain insulting for the forseeable future.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
You know where the word ****** comes from? Some ******* were sitting around being ******* and someone said "what a bunch of *******!" And that's where it started.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
I'll stop saying ****** when there are no more ******* to call ******.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Aren't the black youth used to going to real funerals anyway with their friends being killed by enemy gangs? I doubt that faux funerals for the word n!gger will shock them into line. It's a hack radio bit, like Gregg and Anthony did for the "rock is dead" thing. Smart people, smart people.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
They've already buried half the English language.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jan 5, 2005
******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, coon.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, coon.
So what about coon? Are we gonna have the same shit with that? How about faggot? Or cunt? Or... or... hard working white man?

Are we gonna have to have a funeral for the term "Hard working white man?"

I know that as a white man who strives to half ass everything he does, I am insulted by the term.

What a bunch of retards.

Oh, wait, is that okay to say?

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
What are the funeral arrangements for the words "honky", "cracker", and "whitey". . . I was hoping to send flowers as a sign of my sincerest condolences.:icon_roll

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
in the words of the one and only Mr. Ron Bennington, the most insulting thing that a ****** can call a white man; "tax payer"

Feb 4, 2005
I prefer schwoogie anyway...

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
Why would they want to lose another word? That cuts down their vocabulary down tremendously.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
The N word, the new Jesus, risen from the grave.

Can you feel the powa'? Can ya feel NIGG-Ah!

Butter Nuggets

May 29, 2006
Unmentioned in the article is that the N-word actually died from sickle cell anemia.

Furtherman

Nov 4, 2005
Did anyone see FOX 5 news last night here in NYC?

They talked about this story with a man agreeing with the NAACP, although I forget what organization he represented, I do not forget his first name: NIGER.

Gee, I wonder why he was for it? Maybe because his parents cursed him by giving him that name to begin with? He's probably had that made fun of his entire life. It was funny to hear the newscasters s-l-o-w-l-y pronounce his name a few times during the interview. N-I-GHER.