Furry Vengeance - W/ Jim Norton and Patrice Oneal

Jables2002

Breaking Down The 8th Wall
God bless little Jimmy... But this movie sounds like shit. I bet Brenden Frasier gets hit in the nuts and crosses his eyes at some point.

Glad Jimmy is getting more parts though.

Found this story about the filming...there are a few on this site...It was filming int Topsfield Ma.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/topsfield/homepage/x488840376/Beverly-Airport-gets-a-dose-of-Furry-Vengeance said:
Beverly Airport gets a dose of ‘Furry Vengeance
By Bobby Gates / rgates@cnc.com
Wed Jul 15, 2009, 01:08 PM EDT

Beverly, Mass. - Hollywood has descended on Beverly Airport — again.

For the second time in as many years, scenes from a star-studded film are being filmed at the city-owned airport in North Beverly.

This time, the movie is called “Furry Vengeance” and stars Brendan Fraser, Brooke Shields and Dick Van Dyke.

Unlike shooting for the romantic comedy, “The Proposal,” that occurred near the control tower on the Beverly side last May, this week’s shooting is on the Danvers side of the airport on a taxiway and not visible to gawkers passing by. The 415-acre airport property sits in parts of Beverly, Danvers and Wenham.

Producers are shooting several scenes for the film in the airport’s southwest corner, which it’s leasing for $2,000 per day. Film producers have also signed leases with airport tenants CAT Aviation and North Atlantic Air, according to airport manager Robert Mezzetti. Even though the shooting is in the town of Danvers, the airport is owned by the city and the payments go into its airport fund.

“This is a great thing for Beverly Airport and the local area,” said Paul Vitale, chairman of the Airport Commission.

Crews are working in the corner of the airport in order to depict a “relatively rural area,” according to Scott Levine, a publicist for the film that’s being produced by Summit Entertainment and Participant Media. It’s on a “totally private runway” that is “officially a closed set,” Levine said.

The film is about a developer, played by Fraser, who plans to build houses in a pristine forest but runs into trouble when the animals living in the area attempt to thwart the project.

“We’re shooting a scene that involves a plane on the tarmac,” Levine said, adding he didn’t want to give anyway any other details of the plot.

The plane, Mezzetti said, in a Gulfstream 4 worth about $25 million. It’s being allowed to sit on the Delta taxiway where the shooting is occurring until the scenes are complete.

Vitale looked on during the shooting this week and said one scene was being shot on the field and another in the jet.

Levine said he’s not sure yet how prominently the airport scenes will be featured in the final film.

“You’ll definitely have a sense of the airport in the film,” he said.

The airport is not closed during the shooting, which is scheduled to be complete by Friday.

“We have to adjust our shooting to the planes coming and going,” Levine said during a cell phone conversation from the set as the sounds of planes could be heard in the background.

The shooting didn’t affect operations at the airport because it is being done on a taxiway that is closed and still allow planes to take off and land on the runways. The shooting site is in communication with the airport’s control tower, Mezzetti said.

The scenes at the airport include one of the film’s two A-list stars, Fraser.
“He’s the star of the film and he’s on location,” Levine said.

Brooke Shields plays Fraser’s wife in the movie and is expected to be shooting some scenes locally.

Other scenes will be shot at a sound stage in Danvers and on location in Topsfield through Sept. 2, according to a press release distributed by Levine. Earlier this month, a casting call seeking 50 to 100 extras for the film was held at Proctor Elementary School in Topsfield.

There are 150 people, including actors and crew, at the airport for the shooting. Mezzetti said he saw a scene that involved a South African condor with an 8-foot wingspan, and he said he was told that some scenes with raccoons would also be shot there. Levine said he wanted to keep the presence of any animals on the set a secret and couldn’t confirm anything about scenes with animals that are being shot at the airport.

The selection of Beverly Airport for this latest film wasn’t a direct result of “The Proposal” shoots, Mezzetti said. Mezzetti said he heard from a location company in Jamaica Plain about a month ago looking for an airport.

“They came out and we showed them what was available and they liked it,” he said, noting the location scouts also checked out other area airports, including Hanscom Field in Bedford. They liked the “rural background” that was available here, he said.

The jet was leased from outside the airport and flown in for the shoot, he said.

CAT Aviation is making its property available for workers to park and provide an area for the crew to sit down and eat, Mezzetti said.

CAT owner Ace Chase said he had an agreement with movie producers not to talk about the filming.

“They’re right in the middle of the shoot,” he said via cell phone on Tuesday.

The film is preliminarily scheduled to be released in theaters in July 2010.

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
Jimmy's movie shoot in Boston: Furry Vengeance

Anyone know where Jimmy's movie is being shot in Boston? I'm assuming there are some outside scenes. Not to be an overly creepy stalker or anything, but maybe it would be cool to go check it out? I work in the city so meeting up would be easy.

:action-sm

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
shit they just said Jimmy would be back in NY tomorrow. Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short

yuck... "day late...." I should eat a bullet

Neon

ネオン
Donator
shit they just said Jimmy would be back in NY tomorrow. Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short

yuck... "day late...." I should eat a bullet
He's shooting more next week. By his pics it looks like he's outside the city.

Google reveals following:

Base camp and parking for extras is currently at the Topsfield Fairgrounds located at 207 Boston St. However, filming on Tuesday, July 21 was set in a small, wooded housing development chock full of big digs and new construction known as the Hickory Beech subdivision on High Street.

http://www.loadedgunboston.com/2009/07/sign-game-can-you-name-this-locally.html

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
I guess since Jimmy's been in Boston all week filiming this then he has more than a 5 second cameo in it.

With or without Jimmy that movie is going to be so awful. It's written by the same guys that wrote Mr. Woodcock.

Piffft

Forum Loser
Anyone have any info on the movie? I'm too lazy to dig around, just wondering what it's about etc...

frago

I am Jacks raging bile duct
Sounds Great. :icon_surp

r4p1s7

when is jim back radio

Xtra Krispy

From IMDB:

"In the Oregon wilderness, a real estate developer's new housing subdivision faces a unique group of protesters, local woodland creatures who don't want their homes disturbed."

I just don't even know what to say about this.

Sounds like when Denis Leary went from aping Bill Hicks to "A Bug's Life".

TeenBungle

ace freeme
Apparently they were filming in Topsfield which is like a 7 minute drive from where i live. Wish I had known and I'd have gone and taken a look.

Plunkies

I like Jimmy's movie about there being a bomb in the white house and the guy has to save the president.

Jambi

Infidel
Sounds like a god-awful family movie with talking animals... and now I'll be forced to sit through it just to see Jimmy and Patrice.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
I guess since Jimmy's been in Boston all week filiming this then he has more than a 5 second cameo in it.
Yes. It will be a one minute cameo instead.

icculus1284

From IMDB:

"In the Oregon wilderness, a real estate developer's new housing subdivision faces a unique group of protesters, local woodland creatures who don't want their homes disturbed."

I just don't even know what to say about this.
The plot sounds fucking awful.

But.

Jim and Patrice are in it, so I'll wind up buying the DVD for their sake.

Top Bottom