Future Filming/Photography of the Walkover in Jeopardy

uptown

Feb 10, 2003
New rules being considered by the Mayor’s Office of Film, Theater and Broadcasting would require any group of two or more people who want to use a camera in a single public location for more than a half hour to get a city permit and insurance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/29/nyregion/29camera.html

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
more unneeded bureaucracy, and yet another form of hidden taxation. thanks nyc im sure every other state will follow suit like they normally do.

greensnacks

Dec 20, 2004
New rules being considered ... in a single public location for more than a half hour....
All one would have to do is walk three feet and they wouldn't be filming in a single location.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Somebody tell the tourists then!

Walkovers don't usually last that long. The actual "walkover" usually goes 14 minutes or so. And when they go longer, they usually don't stay in one spot too long. Hence the "walk" in "walkover".

sniper

Front, and to the right...
Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Oct 13, 2004
Masshole
This looks to be only relevant for film crews shooting tv shows or movies using the background scenery as a set. This will of course lead to the crew paying for the permit, and in turn the city knowing about this, will lead to a police detail, which will jack up movie ticket rates, cable rates, and more filming overseas.. way to go NYC!!

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Am I the only douche that thought footage of the boys on their walkover was somehow making its way on to the game show 'Jeopardy!'?

Kurto2021

Certified Pest
Nov 28, 2004
I was thinking on the last episode of Jeopardy that they had video of a walkover from the future.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Opie will have to walk down the street first, followed by Anthony, followed by Jimmy, followed by whomever else. If a person not known to them is walking next to them videotaping the greatness that is, who's to argue - the guys alone aren't considered a group of 2 or more and well, if a "tourist" just happens to recognize a star who doesn't mind being videotaped.....

I got nothing

TEXAS TRUCKER

Yay! Sigs are back!
Jan 27, 2005
Would this include the Paltalk cams in studio? Do they consider that a public location? What a bunch of douches.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
more unneeded bureaucracy, and yet another form of hidden taxation. thanks nyc im sure every other state will follow suit like they normally do.
I'm amazed how often New York isn't the first to do something but simply because they do it people assume they did it first. It's the same for California. The news loves those locations.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
I'm amazed how often New York isn't the first to do something but simply because they do it people assume they did it first. It's the same for California. The news loves those locations.
I just assumed. Im used to them breaking ground on this sort of shit. Living near NYC my shit town is fucking dumb enough to usually copy cat every dumb fucking thing they do. They're my usual target of aggression on this kind of shit.
I cant wait to start to have to pay tolls to drive on local streets in my city. I know were going to pick that one up 10 fucking minutes after NYC passes it.

Stalker Patti

Dec 10, 2002
Midtown,Manhattan
I wouldn't worry as this doesn't seem to apply to a typical walkover, which is usually very brief. But in general, it seems as if Bureacrats do interfere with and strive to take the fun out of anything creative.

aahpandasrun

No longer endangered
Oct 18, 2006
Farmingdale, NY
I miss hearing the walkover. It was a great moment for the boys to hang with the fans and trash random bystanders, and there was always that moment where something unexpected would happen like the starbucks comedy tour or pushup challenge.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Well considering March 16 was the only official walkover of 2007, and there is none scedualed for the forseable future. I don't think it is and issue.

Just sayin :)