FX orders season of Jim Jeffries Sitcom "Legit"

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
Glad FX is there to give good comedians a shot at edgy shows.

http://collider.com/jeff-jeffries-legit-fx/171503/

LOS ANGELES, June 6, 2012 – FX has placed an order for 13 epsiodes of a new scripted comedy series Legit, starring Australian comedian Jim Jefferies, announced Nick Grad, Executive Vice President of Original Programming for FX.

Co-created by Peter O’Fallon and Jefferies, Legit is about a comedian, “Jim” (Jefferies) and his misguided attempts to become legitimate in life. He is encouraged in his quest by his best friend “Steve” (Dan Bakkedahl), and Steve’s brother “Billy” (D.J. Qualls). O’Fallon (The Riches), Jefferies and Rick Cleveland (Nurse Jackie, Mad Men) serve as Executive Producers. Lisa Blum of New Wave Entertainment is also an executive producer. The pilot episode was directed by O’Fallon. The series is produced by FX Productions. The series is scheduled to debut in January of 2013.

“We really love the pilot that Peter and Jim shot,” said Grad. “This is going to be a breakout vehicle for Jim. He has such a unique voice which is the common trait of any great comedian. It just happens to be spoken with an Australian accent.”

“I couldn’t be happier than getting to do this show,” said Jefferies. “FX has set the bar so high with shows like Louie and Sunny, but I believe Peter and I have created something special. The cast is amazing and FX has given us all the freedom we need. I can’t wait for people to see it.”

O’Fallon added, “I have worked on many shows in many roles, but I have never had more fun on a set or anywhere for that matter than I did working on this show. Jim is one the funniest, smartest men I have ever met. FX, as always, was incredibly helpful and made it the best experience I could have imagined.”

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I'll definitely check it out. Love the Jim Jefferies. Shame he's an LA guy. One of the best guests on O&A.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
And here's where everyone adds to their hatred of me....

I like Russell Brand.

Have at it.
It's ok that you like Brand. I can see why people think he's funny. I just don't.

God Loves Fags

A clear and dusty day in June
Feb 1, 2011
Brooklyn
It's ok that you like Brand. I can see why people think he's funny. I just don't.
I think Brand's problem is that he isn't really a stand up comic and he isn't that great of an actor, but he is just a really funny, interesting, charismatic dude in general. Check out the episode of WTF with Marc Maron that Brand was on, it's awesome. But that doesn't translate that well to stand up or movies. Maybe he should do a podcast, it would probably immediately be the biggest one, and might end up being really good.

Danesy

Cute but psycho, it all evens out.
Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
I think Brand's problem is that he isn't really a stand up comic and he isn't that great of an actor, but he is just a really funny, interesting, charismatic dude in general. Check out the episode of WTF with Marc Maron that Brand was on, it's awesome. But that doesn't translate that well to stand up or movies. Maybe he should do a podcast, it would probably immediately be the biggest one, and might end up being really good.
I think you're right. I actually liked his opening at the MTV movie awards, it was just him riffing, and I thought it was funny. Everyone else I know was killing him, they all think he's an unfunny asshole.