Movie G.i. Joe (2009)

ratedRsuperstar

...when McCainia runs wild on you!!!!
before any one posts links other threads, i actually searched and there isn't a specific thread related to this movie actually coming to life.

it's slated for a summer 2009 release with director stephen sommers (the mummy, van helsing). here's the cast list so far, some confirmed, others rumored. also, i'm too lazy to post pics and all. just google the name if you're not familiar with them

HAWK- Dennis Quaid
DUKE- Channing Tatum
SNAKE EYES- Ray Park
SCARLETT- Rachel Nichols
RIPCORD- Marlon Wayans :puke:
HEAVY DUTY- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
BREAKER- Saïd Taghmaoui
STORMSHADOW- Byung-hun Lee
BARONESS- Sienna Miller
ZARTAN- Arnold Vosloo
DESTRO- David Murray
REX- Joseph Gordan Levitt*

*- a little hush-hush. apparently in one of the earlier drafts of the screenplay (by the same writer still tied to this film), Rex is listed as a close friend of Duke, who becomes disgruntled and leaves JOE. The draft has a confrontation between JOE and COBRA (which Rex has now sided with) and sometime during the battle, Duke inadvertently mutilates Rex's body (expolsion or something). Now scarred and forced to hide his disfigurement, we now have the JOE hating Cobra Commander.

Notice there is no specific mentions of such "famous" characters like...

FLINT
LADY JAYE
SHIPWRECK
ROADBLOCK
BARBECUE
WILD BILL
MAJOR BLUDD
TOMAX AND XAMOT

...but i'm sure there's still casting to be done. besides until the WGA strike is over there's no way to rewrite anything so anything's still possible with characters. I'm sure they'll throw in some familiar ones as extras though.

i just hope they do it as a near-future military/action movie and stay away from cheesy call-backs and over the top action sequences. also they NEED to stay away from the Cobra-La stories (from the original animated film featuring Serpentor, Globulus and more "sci-fi" characters)

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Joseph Gordon Levitt = Cobra Commander

Trust me, even though I don't get it, 3 pic deal. Then again I don't really get the whole idea of how GI Joe works as a feature movie that can appeal to both kids and those of us that grew up in the 80's.

I've also heard of the inclusion of "action man" or something like that. Basically a character who was the British equivalent of a GI Joe, since supposedly the Joes don't have much of a name worldwide they needed to include someone to get a bit of the international box office interested.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Sienna Miller is really hot and I want Rachel Nichols to dump on my chest.

I was never a GI Joe fan. But would drink Rachel Nichol's (and Sienna Miller's) piss. And I know everyone dumps on Marlon Wayans but he was the Wayans in Requiem for a Dream, even though here he'll probably be Mr. Step and Fetch It.

[nsfw]

[/nsfw]

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
I'll only see it if every flying or driving scene merely has a blurred background that keeps repeating itself.

In all honesty, sounds like it could be pretty interesting.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
Goddamn Rachel Nichols as Scarlett. Fuck she's hot. I've been obsessed with her since I first saw her.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
Why the Fuck is Duke so much younger than Hawk? i'll still see it cause i enjoyed Tranformers this past summer but fuck a 54 year old Hawk?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
This is the same GI Joe movie that changed what the whole concept is about to avoid offending minorities?

Spoondini

Jan 22, 2006
NJ
i'm just going to say this.. i'll gladly shell out $10 to see sienna miller in black leather

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Instead of Rip Cord why not use Stalker instead? One of the originals? Plus he is black and all....

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
This casting is horrible, and the movie's going to be shit.

Fuck you, Hollywood.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
I think Hawk was supposed to be a bit older than Duke, but not by that large of a difference.

bryanswafford

Its the revolution Maaannnnnnn
Oct 28, 2005
Kentucky
Yo No

I hope it is good, but I doubt it will be. I just hope they have a kick ass P.S.A at the end. Those always ruled.

Darth Mode

You went over my helmet?!
Nov 16, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
First look at Sienna Miller (who plays "The Baroness") filming G.I. Joe yesterday.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Can't wait to hear the right wing radio hosts ripping this apart for taking out the red, white, and blue from the logo, like they bitched about the last Superman taking out the America references.

And that new logo is also just plain horrible, the original font is much bolder looking with the block lettering and the shadows.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Can't wait to hear the right wing radio hosts ripping this apart for taking out the red, white, and blue from the logo, like they bitched about the last Superman taking out the America references.

And that new logo is also just plain horrible, the original font is much bolder looking with the block lettering and the shadows.
That shit really bugged me, when I finally saw Superman Returns. Although I figured the Jesus overtones would have made the right-wingers happy. As for G.I. Joe movie, I really have no faith in this being a good movie. Plus I'm pissed no, Spirit Ironknife!!!!!!

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
That better be a supposed fucking blond wig. The Baroness is not a blonde.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
I just don't see any scenario where this movie would be "good".