G.T.A. IV: now w/ voices of The Opie & Anthony Staff

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
One of the most anticipated games of 2008 has been given a firm release date. Take-Two Interactive has issued a statement saying that Rockstar North's Grand Theft Auto IV will be released simultaneously for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, worldwide, on April 29.
Let the pre-ordering begin!

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I already pre-ordered the special edition version with the saftey deposit box back like last April or whenever it was.

I hope those motherfuckers still have my name down because I don't have my receipt. I should be on file though.

It's about time for this motherfucker to come out.

And like always Lazlow will have done a fabulous job.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
A "firm release date"??

Fuck you, Rockstar. This game has been delayed at least twice now in just the last few weeks. It SHOULD be coming out around the first of March at the latest.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
Nah. I got all these old PS2 games. And I'm used to the controller. Lame ass excuses, but I'll still buy a PS3 anyway… when they drop the friggin' price!

Dark Reyule

Heaven is a nice book and Bea Arthur's vagina.
Mar 18, 2005
Cleveland
Sorry, could care less about the latest installment in the Schwoogie-Simulator genre.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Nah. I got all these old PS2 games. And I'm used to the controller. Lame ass excuses, but I'll still buy a PS3 anyway… when they drop the friggin' price!
What? Man, they aren't going lower than $400. If you're not wanting to pay that price then you're not going to be playing a PS3. That's as cheap as you'll be getting a PS3 and that's for the smaller 40gb without SD card readers.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
What? Man, they aren't going lower than $400. If you're not wanting to pay that price then you're not going to be playing a PS3. That's as cheap as you'll be getting a PS3 and that's for the smaller 40gb without SD card readers.
the latest rumor is pretty strong that the price will go to 300, even as early as monday. its a lot cheaper for them to produce, and i think they will drop it to continue to be competitive with the other two, if not next week, then later on this year

http://gamerumor.blogspot.com/2008/01/299-ceramic-white-playstation-3.html

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
the latest rumor is pretty strong that the price will go to 300, even as early as monday. its a lot cheaper for them to produce, and i think they will drop it to continue to be competitive with the other two, if not next week, then later on this year

http://gamerumor.blogspot.com/2008/01/299-ceramic-white-playstation-3.html
I also heard that rumor and it was supposed to accompany the release of a white PS3.

The white PS3 is confirmed but Playstation is denying the price reduction. Usually they refuse to comment on rumor, but they clearly denied this one.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2472.html

boardsofcanada

You're a Charcoal Briquette..ditsoon..a moolinyan
Jun 8, 2006
thought it was march.....what the fuck

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
thought it was march.....what the fuck
This is the first firm release date R* has given since it was delayed from December. All those other dates were just bullshit guesses spewed by the game stores and sites.

I'm good with the delay. Better that it's done right the first time.

Eagle.007

Frrrrrrunkis!
Jan 8, 2007
NEPA
The white PS3 is confirmed but Playstation is denying the price reduction. Usually they refuse to comment on rumor, but they clearly denied this one.
I've heard the rumor from many sources in the last week. Despite all the rumors last time, they were denying the price drop right up until the reduction in Oct. They need to go for the kill in the format war, a price point of $300/$450 or so would give them that much more of an edge. I'm waiting to see what happens early next week and will buy the 80 gig in time to get the 5 free movies. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed Spiderman3/Motorstorm from the packaging and if they do I'll borrow my friends copy.

This game and the potential of the UFC game are what has sold me. They both should be fantastic.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
But you don't get the exclusive content on the PS3.....

Maybe I'll get a PS3 with the money Uncle Sam gives me in June for this stimulus peckidge.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY

Maybe I'll get a PS3 with the money Uncle Sam gives me in June for this stimulus peckidge.
The 360 "Exclusive content" is just going to be trash that R* removed from the game and set aside. ::hammer:

There's going to be so much stuff to do, having a few extra isn't shit.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas

Why do people keep saying that shit? The PS3 has exclusive download content for their version of the game as well.

The 360 shit will be slightly different of course in mission type but it's not like one will be getting more than the other.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
If it's not confirmed and unless it's from a damn good source, AFAIC, it doesn't exist.

The PS3 will probably get something but I wouldn't argue it.

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
Why do people keep saying that shit? The PS3 has exclusive download content for their version of the game as well.

The 360 shit will be slightly different of course in mission type but it's not like one will be getting more than the other.
http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/gta4/
Here is a short list of information tidbits regarding the game:

* Main Character: Niko Bellic
* Single Player: Yes
* Multi-player: Yes, confirmed but no details yet
* Episodic Content: Two pieces of content for Xbox 360 in 2008/2009, possibly PS3 later on
* Graphics: Uses Rockstar Advanced Graphics Engine (RAGE)
* Physics: Uses NaturalMotion euphoria
o Brooklyn is Broker
o Manhattan is Algonquin
o Queens is Dukes
o The Bronx is Bohan
o New Jersey is Alderney
* Sea/Air: Helicopters and boats but no planes
because its true... PS3 might get the DLable content later on but not right away...

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
I don't care what 360 players get, my system of choice is still PS3. Wonder how much XBL is going to charge for all that extra content on top of the XBL membership fee?

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I'll likely be getting this for the 360. Worth it for the extra achievements and downloadable content.