TV Gaimen's American Gods: Season 2 on Starz

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
FremantleMedia To Adapt Fantasy Novel ‘American Gods’ As Drama Series
EXCLUSIVE: Acclaimed urban fantasy novel American Gods is headed to television.FremantleMedia North Americahas acquired the rights to the book by Neil Gaiman, creator of the popular Sandman comic. Gaiman will executive produce the potential American Gods series with FMNA. The 2001 novel has been translated into over 30 languages and has earned Hugo, Nebula and Bram Stoker Awards for Best Novel. In American Gods, a war is brewing between old and new gods: the traditional gods of biblical and mythological roots from around the world steadily losing believers to an upstart pantheon of gods reflecting society’s modern love of money, technology, media, celebrity and drugs. The story centers on Shadow Moon, an ex-con who becomes bodyguard and traveling partner to Mr. Wednesday, a conman but in reality one of the older gods, on a cross-country mission to gather his forces in preparation to battle the new deities. The acquisition of American Gods is part of FMNA’s stepped-up efforts in the scripted arena under new executive team, EVP Craig Cegielski and SVP Stefanie Berk. The company also has an adaptation of hit French drama The Returned in development at A&E, a project based on Carl Hiaasen’s novel Basket Case in the works at Spike with Rob Reiner attached, and the CW series The Tomorrow People, which is based on a Fremantle-owned format. Gaiman, whose credits also include novels The Graveyard Book, Coraline and The Ocean At The End Of The Lane, was repped in the deal by CAA on behalf of literary agent Merrilee Heifetz.

i thought hbo was making this into a series with 6 seasons already planned for... story came out a year or so ago... guess it fell apart.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
i thought hbo was making this into a series with 6 seasons already planned for... story came out a year or so ago... guess it fell apart.
6 Seasons?

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
What channel is it going to?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
American God's was okay. I wish they would do Good Omens or Anansi Boys.

This has been coming and going for years so I don't even believe it anymore.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Starz doesn't sit high on my confidence list.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Starz doesn't sit high on my confidence list.
Sad, Boss was a remarkable show. House of cards is a pale comparison to the brilliance of Kelsey Gramar. He was an absolute monster.

Starz is slowly gaining my favor with another thing they're working on. If they pull it off, I would be happy for them to follow up with this.

Please be for real this time.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
Between this/Ash vs. The Evil Dead and Showtime with The Knick/Twin Peaks/Penny Dreadful/Masters of Sex, HBO needs to up its game. The Veep/Valley/Thrones line up might be the best on TV but outside of those 10 weeks? Do they have anything going on?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
Sad, Boss was a remarkable show. House of cards is a pale comparison to the brilliance of Kelsey Gramar. He was an absolute monster.
Cards crapped the bed this season. Then I watched the British version and found it nifty.

DiggerNick

Donator
I want to see GOOD OMENS with Jack Black and Timothy Spall, directed by Terry Gilliam.

ChimneyFish

Believe it or not, it's just meeee
Couldn't agree more.
Grammer was a beast.(no pun intended)

And Kathleen Robertson's/body double's ass was fanfuckingtastic.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Hannibal Director David Slade Joins Bryan Fuller on American Gods
Share.
Coming in 2017.
By Matt Porter Bryan Fuller, co-showrunner of the upcoming American Gods TV adaptation, has announced that David Slade has been brought on as a director on the series.

Fuller made the announcement via Twitter, and according to Deadline, Slade will be an executive producer and will direct "the pilot and several more episodes."

American Gods marks a reunion for Fuller and Slade, who previously collaborated on Hannibal. Slade directed the Hannibal pilot, as well as a number of other episodes, and was an executive producer on the series, with Fuller serving as EP and showrunner.

Last year we learned that Starz was making an American Gods TV series, with Bryan Fuller and Michael Green as showrunners, adapting the novel by Neil Gaiman. Gaiman is directly involved as well, and will write multiple scripts for the series. American Gods is scheduled to debut in 2017.

That's too far away. Too much can go wrong and get it scrapped.

I have trust issues when it comes to adapting American Gods and Sandman :/

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
The 100's Ricky Whittle Cast in American Gods
Share.
Say hello to Shadow Moon.
By Alex Osborn

Ricky Whittle
, who plays Lincoln in The CW drama The 100, has joined the cast of American Gods, Starz has announced.

Whittle will play the central character Shadow Moon in the upcoming adaptation of Neil Gaiman's beloved fantasy novel.

Ricky Whittle

"I'm thrilled that Ricky has been cast as Shadow. His auditions were remarkable," Gaiman said in a statement. The acclaimed author went on to confirm "the process of taking a world out of the pages of a book, and putting it onto the screen has begun."

American Gods writers and showrunners Michael Green and Bryan Fuller (Hannibal) also spoke to Whittle's casting, saying, via press release, "We searched every continent and country and all the islands in between for our Shadow Moon, and we are lucky to have found Ricky. Fans of the novel will find he has every bit of the heart of the character they fell in love with."

For those unfamiliar with the book, American Gods centers around a war between old and new gods. Ex-con Shadow Moon joins up with an older god named Mr. Wednesday, as the two embark "on a cross-country mission to gather his forces in preparation to battle the new deities."

American Gods will begin filming in April with Hannibal director David Slade onboard to direct.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/28/the-100s-ricky-whittle-cast-in-american-gods

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Fuller is a perfect match for Gaiman, but I wish it were another project like a Stardust series, or a NeverWhere reboot. I think a lot of the more Gaiman-esque gothic elements weren't as present in American Gods as other work, but Fuller's style might make up for it.

Cards crapped the bed this season. Then I watched the British version and found it nifty.
Ian Richardson was brilliant.