TV Gaimen's American Gods: Season 2 on Starz

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
American Gods: Ian McShane Cast as Mr. Wednesday
Share.
Shooting begins next month.
By Alex Osborn Deadwood star Ian McShane will play Mr. Wednesday in the upcoming series based on Neil Gaiman's fantasy novel American Gods, Starz has announced.

According the network's character description, Mr. Wednesday is a con man who's both "crafty and endlessly charismatic," and filled with "perverse wisdom, curious magic, and grand plans."

McShane in Deadwood.

Creator and executive producer Neil Gaiman expressed his excitement in having McShane on board, saying in a statement: "When you write a beloved character (beloved with, or despite, or because of all his faults) like Mr. Wednesday, you get to watch the internet trying to cast the role. I've seen a hundred names suggested, but few make me grin like Ian McShane does."

McShane joins Ricky Whittle, who will star as Shadow Moon, an ex-con hired by Mr. Wednesday to serve as his bodyguard as the pair embark "on a cross-country mission to gather his forces in preparation to battle the new deities."

Bryan Fuller (Hannibal) and Michael Green (Heroes) are American Gods' writers and showrunners. Hannibal director David Slade is on board to helm the pilot and future episodes, with the series to being filming in April.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03...-mr-wednesday?abthid=56d783f96c6094f130000014

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
I read the book!

Piccaries! And I know the context!

Bobobie

Is his race ambiguous enough to be shadow? He most definitely looks Fromerican. I always imagined Shadow being something between Italian and Latino.

AlanSmithee

The series will focus on the mysterious Shadow, a man who is released from prison a few days early after serving a three-year sentence for bank robbery when his beloved wife Laura is killed in a car accident. Flying home for the funeral, Shadow is seated next to a man who introduces himself only as Mr. Wednesday, and this man knows more about Shadow's life, both past and present, than is possible. Shadow comes to learn that Wednesday is, in fact, the god Odin of Norse mythology and that all of the gods that mankind has ever believed in are alive in human form and live among regular people. Shadow is soon thrust into a gathering conflict between the Old gods and the so-called "New gods," the gods of money and technology who believe there is no longer room on Earth for the old gods.

The first season is set to adapt the first third of the original novel,
with Lakeside set to appear as the main setting for the potential second season, and Wednesday's death as the second or third season's finale.

Last edited by a moderator:

mascan42

Hey, how about some spoiler tags? You don't give away the end of season 2 before the first episode airs.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
This preview looked like shit. I read the book and still have no idea what this is about.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Looked about right to me. Read this book years ago, went back and re-read it recently when I heard it was coming to series. Looks like they cast it well. Wednesday looks pretty much as I expected he would, and the scenes they showed worked really well as relates to the book.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Looked about right to me. Read this book years ago, went back and re-read it recently when I heard it was coming to series. Looks like they cast it well. Wednesday looks pretty much as I expected he would, and the scenes they showed worked really well as relates to the book.
I'll give you that. Wednesday looks cast perfectly.

AlanSmithee

Everything that Brian Fuller has been phenomenal. It's a good cast and I like the concept. I will be checking it out.

Bobobie

I seem to remember there were different versions of gods too. If you killed the American version of Thor, the comic book version could show up and smite you in revenge. Then while traveling in Sweden you could bump into another version of Thor or Odin. I wonder who is going to play the leprechaun.

AlanSmithee

I seem to remember there were different versions of gods too. If you killed the American version of Thor, the comic book version could show up and smite you in revenge. Then while traveling in Sweden you could bump into another version of Thor or Odin. I wonder who is going to play the leprechaun.
I think it's Pablo Schreiber.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I've just started this book, but I know they do that in Iron Druid.

I read that series too. I could be confusing them.
Yeah, I don't recall this in AG:

I seem to remember there were different versions of gods too. If you killed the American version of Thor, the comic book version could show up and smite you in revenge. Then while traveling in Sweden you could bump into another version of Thor or Odin.