TV Gaimen's American Gods: Season 2 on Starz

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I watched it. I know nothing of the book(s) . It was pretty weird, but good. I will watch again.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I watched it. I know nothing of the book(s) . It was pretty weird, but good. I will watch again.
Book, singular. Though Anansi Boys takes place in the same "universe".

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
So...any thoughts folks?

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Need to source a copy.

The jezebel and salon people seem to be crowing about this show. I'll assume that makes it crap.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Good. Liked it. I haven't read the novel in a while, so it's not so fresh in my mind that the casting is problematic for me.

Low Key's great, and can't wait to see Glover, but Technical Boy looks too much like a member of the Lollipop guild.

The jezebel and salon people seem to be crowing about this show. I'll assume that makes it crap.
I wish you hadn't said that. I might have to hate this out of spite.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
I was a little confused. I might need to rewatch it. The sex scene was pretty hot.

Give it another episode.

Bobobie

Of course, Starz would keep the Gay sex scene. Hell, they would have added one if it wasn't in the book.

Radioguy

Kinda psyched they got away with that. I mean, they set the bar for what they could do. If they're willing to incur fatwas asking for their heads, then I'm in to see how well they pull of the rest of the book.

So far I'm actually surprised at how the the guy who plays Shadow is doing. I actually empathize with him, as opposed to shadow in the books, who is kind of a blank slate most of the time. I think that's good decision-making on the director's part. Shadow's repressed, subdued attitude works well enough in the book, but I don't think it would play as well on-screen.

Bobobie

I'm surprised how faithfully they are following the book. According to the Show-Runners, they are expanding a few of the female roles. They claim its for other reasons, but we know it's so the SJW's don't bitch and moan.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
I haven't seen it yet...is it any good?

Radioguy

According to the Show-Runners, they are expanding a few of the female roles. They claim its for other reasons, but we know it's so the SJW's don't bitch and moan.
If Gaiman addressed it and said he was gonna revise the book, which would make me vomit, then fine, but otherwise that would piss me off if it happens for that reason.

Making Bilquis less obvious as a prostitute (implied she's not one, but really still could be) wasn't so bad, but she needs to go out the same way as in the book.

Bobobie

Making Bilquis less obvious as a prostitute (implied she's not one, but really still could be) wasn't so bad, but she needs to go out the same way as in the book.
I barely remember her from the book, other than eating men with her pussy. I didn't realize they changed her from a prostitute. The whole idea was to show how far the old Gods have fallen. Working in a slaughter yard, turning tricks, running small cons, stumbling across the country drunk. Why did they sanitize that one role?

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
So far I'm actually surprised at how the the guy who plays Shadow is doing. I actually empathize with him, as opposed to shadow in the books, who is kind of a blank slate most of the time. I think that's good decision-making on the director's part. Shadow's repressed, subdued attitude works well enough in the book, but I don't think it would play as well on-screen.
Finally started it and agreed. They're doing a very good job humanizing Shadow. The novel didn't do much to describe the inner lives of the characters.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Oof. Just hit "that scene" in episode 3. Did it HAVE to be so fucking graphic?