TV Gaimen's American Gods: Season 2 on Starz

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
They're going to try to stretch a 2-3 season novel into 4. But I predict an immense drop in viewers.
Well, Technical Boy was supposed to off her. Who knows if anyone will now.

Radioguy

Thor was miscast, and so was Columbia (although I loved the dizzy dame manner of speech). Plus, while you have to give artistic license to this in comparison, the anachronistic revisionism in diversity casting is almost on par with current Doctor Who or BBC period drama. It smacks of agenda.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Thor was miscast, and so was Columbia (although I loved the dizzy dame manner of speech). Plus, while you have to give artistic license to this in comparison, the anachronistic revisionism in diversity casting is almost on par with current Doctor Who or BBC period drama. It smacks of agenda.
As soon as technical boy started his pitch to Columbia, I knew exactly what role she was gonna play. Granted, it was pretty well telegraphed "the war effort"...

Interesting though, all things being equal.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
That was a complete filler episode. I liked the dwarves though. This has got to end next season right? It'd get tiresome if they stretched it to 4.

Radioguy

That was a complete filler episode. I liked the dwarves though. This has got to end next season right? It'd get tiresome if they stretched it to 4.
Not filler at all. Thor's absence had to be explained. It wasn't core to the arc, but not filler either.

Bobobie

Not filler at all. Thor's absence had to be explained. It wasn't core to the arc, but not filler either.
His suicide was only mentioned in the book, but it has been explained that most of the old gods have passed in the new world.

Radioguy

His suicide was only mentioned in the book, but it has been explained that most of the old gods have passed in the new world.
My point, is that "where's Thor?" is an obvious question from the get-go once we know Wednesday is Odin, and not just because of the MCU popularizing the connection (although that's part of it).

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
My point, is that "where's Thor?" is an obvious question from the get-go once we know Wednesday is Odin, and not just because of the MCU popularizing the connection (although that's part of it).
Sure, but that could be handled with a bit of dialogue.

"You remind me of my son."
"Your son? You mean Thor? Is he around?"
"No, sad to say, he met a bad end some ways back, took his own life after his heart had been broken."

etc. My argument is that they didn't move the plot forward by much, save for the spear.