"Galactica" Over After 4th Season!

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
It's over Johnny....soon...

http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSN0131913620070601

"Battlestar" gets grounded by Sci Fi By Nellie Andreeva
Fri Jun 1, 4:27 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The upcoming fourth season of Sci Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica" will be its final one after all.

After months of speculation, the show's producers are set to make the announcement at a press conference Friday.

Ending "Battlestar" with the upcoming 22-episode fourth season was a creative decision made by the hit show's executive producers Ronald Moore and David Eick.

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally, an end," Eick and Moore said in a statement Thursday. "Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there -- we're going out with a bang."

The fourth and final season of "Galactica" will kick off in November with "Razor," an extended two-hour episode, with the rest of the season slated to run beginning in early 2008.

Sci Fi executive vp original programming Mark Stern said the channel's brass "respect the producers' decision to end the series."

For months, Sci Fi had dispelled rumors about "Battlestar" ending its run after the fourth season.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the show's stars, Edward James Olmos, was quoted as saying that the upcoming batch of episodes were definitely the last ones. Sci Fi issued a statement denying such a decision had been made.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Too bad. It as a pretty good show. With this going out and Stargate ending this season, two of their most popular shows, this does not spell well for Sci-Fi.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Mother Fers! What are they going to replace it with, more reruns of their stupid monster alligator or shark movies? A couple of years ago, Friday night was the "don’t bother me, I'm watching SciFi" night with SG1, SG Atlantis, and BSG. Now I’m rarely on the freaking channel.

I am glad that some of these series like Galactica and LOST are giving us some closure and ending the series where it should end and not dragging it out and leaving everyone hanging.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
fuck! at least we are getting closure from scifi channel this time. not like the bullshit they pulled with farscape.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
If they're smart, they'll look into resurrecting a couple of other strong shows that were cut down before their time.... cough ANGEL cough...

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

At least we still have Doctor Who. (although Tennant might go after season 4)

Cybouncer

Not Fat, Big Boned!
Mother Fers! What are they going to replace it with, more reruns of their stupid monster alligator or shark movies? A couple of years ago, Friday night was the "don’t bother me, I'm watching SciFi" night with SG1, SG Atlantis, and BSG.
That's how you spent your Friday nights?

You Party Animal! :action-sm

Better too early (Firefly) than too late (X-Files).

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

At least we still have Doctor Who. (although Tennant might go after season 4)
Doctor Who sucks hairy black ball sack.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
i personally dont mind them running a series into the ground when they decide too. just because so many other good scifi shows get caned after a few episodes theres barely anything to watch. id rather have season 9 of xfiles then nothing

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Worse a unbelievably great show (Firefly) than an okay show (X-files).

Honestly I can't say I'm sad to hear about BSG. The third season really killed that show for me, although the end of it did bring me back in a little bit.

If the fourth season doesn't suck, it will be a good conclusion to a decent show. If it sucks ass, I'll be happy to see it taken off the air.

I just miss the days of season 1. They had it so good back then. Brilliant ending to the season as well, I felt those shots.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
better to leave when youre still doing well rather than wait too long

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Doctor Who sucks hairy black ball sack.
So does your....wait, do you get along with her? I can go with sister, if that's better for ya. :action-sm

Anyhow, I guess you missed last week, and part two today. Some of the best episodes since they brought it back.

Gonna miss BSG though. I wonder if they'll lay the groundwork for a feature film in this last season?