Gamblers 07

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
I don't know if anyone has started a thread like this but it had to be done. If it has then point me in the right direction.

Tonight I'm taking WVU -17 at home. Louisville is 2-6 against the spread this year and lets face it, Pat White and Steve Slayton are not human.

Also hitting Mosley early as an UNDERDOG this weekend at +125. That line is fucking insane.

Anyone else got something good?

Jul 26, 2005
Uhhh I don't want to think about gambling. Since Week 2 of the NFL Season I have an astounding 7-27 record.

West Virginia is a LOCK to cover because I would be betting them if I wasn't in a self imposed 3 week break. Therefore they will cover otherwise if I bet them they would win by 16.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Wow, the WVU spread is -17? Louisville here I come.

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
Uhhh I don't want to think about gambling. Since Week 2 of the NFL Season I have an astounding 7-27 record.

West Virginia is a LOCK to cover because I would be betting them if I wasn't in a self imposed 3 week break. Therefore they will cover otherwise if I bet them they would win by 16.
Well thank you for not playing then.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Louisville +17 is lookin' grrrrrrreat.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
who do you guys like for mosely cotto? the odds have evened out a bit, but mosely is still the under dog at +130 or so. earlier in the week bodog had a mosely decision win at 5/2

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
I'm gonna lay the house on Mosley. Cotto is a good fighter but I'm still not buying the hype. Mosley will win it in decision which is why I'm taking the over as well.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
every football season i bet on the nfl games and maybe a few college...a friend gets these tix and you can either bet on the fav or underdog with points, or the over/under...you can bet no more than 10 per ticket and no less than 3...put in any amount you want and based on the amount of games you bet you can cash in nicely...one tie or loss per ticket is an automatic loss of the ticket.(although i never win as i always bet 8-10 spots and usually get fucked at least once)

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
I'm gonna lay the house on Mosley. Cotto is a good fighter but I'm still not buying the hype. Mosley will win it in decision which is why I'm taking the over as well.
Then you better get ready to live in your car. Have you ever seen Cotto fight? If you have, how can you not "buy the hype"? Shane Mosley hasnt fought anyone good since Winky beat him twice in 2004. (beating up a washed up Vargas dont count) I think Cotto's power is so much better than Mosley's and his hand speed is not that much less (if at all). Cotto is not Luis Collazzo. Plus, the fight is at MSG, for Cotto, it might as well be in PR. I bet on JustWagers, they have Cotto -165 and Mosley +135. I like Cotto. Not as big as I loved Calzaghe -120 last week, which was the bet of the millenium.

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
Then you better get ready to live in your car. Have you ever seen Cotto fight? If you have, how can you not "buy the hype"? Shane Mosley hasnt fought anyone good since Winky beat him twice in 2004. (beating up a washed up Vargas dont count) I think Cotto's power is so much better than Mosley's and his hand speed is not that much less (if at all). Cotto is not Luis Collazzo. Plus, the fight is at MSG, for Cotto, it might as well be in PR. I bet on JustWagers, they have Cotto -165 and Mosley +135. I like Cotto. Not as big as I loved Calzaghe -120 last week, which was the bet of the millenium.
Uh yes I have I seen just about every televised Cotto fight there has been. Beating Judah, impressive. Beating Torres, not bad…… That’s about all I have seen in that guy that impressed me. I'm sorry anyone that can beat De La Hoya twice is never an underdog in my book. We shall see.

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
Relax guy, I wasnt questioning your knowledge, I just am not sure what doesnt impress you about Cotto and was curious. Everytime I seen him fight except for the Malignaggi fight he has done nothing but impress. I think his body punching will wear down Mosley and I dont really think Shane can hurt him. It should be a good fight though.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I don't know about other people but I make most of my yearly money betting on basketball parlays. It's the major sport that's least open to upset.

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
Relax guy, I wasnt questioning your knowledge, I just am not sure what doesnt impress you about Cotto and was curious. Everytime I seen him fight except for the Malignaggi fight he has done nothing but impress. I think his body punching will wear down Mosley and I dont really think Shane can hurt him. It should be a good fight though.
I wasn't getting worked up. Cotto does impress me, just not as much as Mosley has. IF Shane loses this fight it could be a downward spiral for his career.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Mosely by decision was the bet to make imo. especially at the odds I saw earlier in the week. I just got tickets for the fight Saturday, cant wait. MSG is just insane when Cotto or Trinidad are fighting

boxing odds are sometimes completely out of wack, especially when they open up long before the fight. winky wright opened at a 7 to 1 under dog against felix trinidad. that was basically free money. every year theres a couple of fights where the bookies are just asking knowledgable fans to take free money

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
I don't know about other people but I make most of my yearly money betting on basketball parlays. It's the major sport that's least open to upset.
I usually do too. I like Boston and the over and Orlando and the over tonight.

Anyone watch/bet the Cotto/Mosley fight?

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
I sure did and I can man up and say I was wrong. I will STILL say I'm not totally impressed by Cotto but he did beat Mosley straight up and took advantage of Shane's right hang that was down by his side the whole time. I also lost a couple bucks on it but there are more great fights upcoming.

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
here are more great fights upcoming.
I cannot fucking wait for Floyd/Hatton. No idea who to take in that fight, I'll probably do something silly like take Floyd to win straight and then take Hatton +$$ to win my KO because I figure if it goes to the cards Floyd should take it.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
I like St. Peters, but Hatton better knock Mayweather out because if he doesn't there is no way the judges let Floyd lose on the cards.

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
Very true. If Hatton wins this fight it wont be on the cards anyway. Hatton will definitely have him in power punches but as far as punches landed you gotta go with PBF. Fuck I cant wait!

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
This town is buzzing right now with this fight. Like 30,000 Britts have traveled here for the fight and maybe 1500-2000 of them actually have tickets. Wish I had a extra pair to scalp.

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
I like St. Peters, but Hatton better knock Mayweather out because if he doesn't there is no way the judges let Floyd lose on the cards.

I'm probably going to lose my ass on this one, but I bet Floyd. Something's telling me Hatton on this one but I ignored it and went Floyd. Either way I can't wait for this thing.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
Hit Hatton for Sat at +185 and tonight I'm hitting St. Peters getting 7 points.
Nice hit on the St. Peters

I'm probably going to lose my ass on this one, but I bet Floyd. Something's telling me Hatton on this one but I ignored it and went Floyd. Either way I can't wait for this thing.

I ended up getting Mayweather -166 mid-afternoon the day of the fight when all the Hatton money was still rolling in. A couple hours before the fight all the Wiseguy money came in on Floyd and moved the line back up to between -260 and -280. Glad I got it early.

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
Lost my ass with Hatton but thats alright. Pretty good night regardless.
Been doing pretty well with College BBall this season so tonight I'm gonna hit Southern Illinois -4 1/2.