Game of Thrones/Song of Ice & Fire SPOILER Filled Discussions

DocSavage

Bringing true "old School" whoopass since 1932.
May 4, 2005
86th floor of the Empire State Building
This thread is devoted to open discussion of the correlation and differences between HBO’s Game of Thrones series versus the epic Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin. There is no need, nor shall you find, any spoiler tags in this thread!

HBO’s Game of Thrones is currently in its’ fourth season and has just been extended for two more. It is an adaption of the following novels by George R.R. Martin: A Game of Thrones (1996), A Clash of Kings (1998), A Storm of Swords (2000), A Feast for Crows (2005), A Dance of Dragons (2011) and the forthcoming The Winds of Winter (2015?) et al. (we hope…if the fucker doesn’t die before then)

For those of you who have not read all the novels BE FOREWARNED there are NO restrictions as to the content of this thread. Proceed at your own peril; you will find no spoiler tags for either TV series or books here.

I have also listed a handy and informative series of links that many of you have provided in the other thread. Enjoy!

http://towerofthehand.com/
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
http://winteriscoming.net/ And no link resource would be proper to be without the original:
http://brotherhoodwithoutbanners.com/

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
I like this thread idea and hope it doesn't get locked. I don't like spoiler tags.

TheLoon

Jan 1, 2013
Arizona
so...how graphic are they going to make Joff's death this week? Think they'll keep him tearing his own throat out?

DocSavage

Bringing true "old School" whoopass since 1932.
May 4, 2005
86th floor of the Empire State Building
The little fucker should die a horrible death. I personally can't wait to see Tyrion riding that pig! Perfect for a little Benny Hill overture.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
Didn't the Hound get injured in that fight at the inn? I seem to remember him taking some kind of hit that leads to his demise.

TheLoon

Jan 1, 2013
Arizona
Didn't the Hound get injured in that fight at the inn? I seem to remember him taking some kind of hit that leads to his demise.
yeah that's how it happened in the books...looks like they are adding some Arya/Hound stuff for the show since it didn't look like he got hurt

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
so...how graphic are they going to make Joff's death this week? Think they'll keep him tearing his own throat out?

Is that definitely taking place this week? I can not wait to see how they play some of this out.

Shouldn't the little finger stuff be coming up soon as well. I am also interested in seeing how they do the Mountain fight scene. The Dorne he faces has not been as loud about why he is there compared to the book from what I remember.

It is weird that it is almost 2 years since the last book came out

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
yeah that's how it happened in the books...looks like they are adding some Arya/Hound stuff for the show since it didn't look like he got hurt
I can't say that I mind. I like the Hound/Arya relationship. They work well together.

TheLoon

Jan 1, 2013
Arizona
Is that definitely taking place this week? I can not wait to see how they play some of this out.

Shouldn't the little finger stuff be coming up soon as well. I am also interested in seeing how they do the Mountain fight scene. The Dorne he faces has not been as loud about why he is there compared to the book from what I remember.

It is weird that it is almost 2 years since the last book came out
yeah it's definitely this week judging by the preview

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
yeah it's definitely this week judging by the preview

Nice!! Although I am going to hate not having him around. His character has been played fantastically. Then again there are quite a few characters that I am going to miss or are already missing.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I like this thread idea and hope it doesn't get locked. I don't like spoiler tags.
It was @DocSavage and my idea. Im going to approach zag with the idea for a subforum just for this type of discussions. Adaptions of any books for movies and tv. Where people who have read the books and watch the show can freely discuss the similarities and differences between the books and movies/show. Also you are free to discuss thoeries and what not without the need of spoiler tags as readers are clearly warned of the contents of these threads

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
It was @DocSavage and my idea. Im going to approach zag with the idea for a subforum just for this type of discussions. Adaptions of any books for movies and tv. Where people who have read the books and watch the show can freely discuss the similarities and differences between the books and movies/show. Also you are free to discuss thoeries and what not without the need of spoiler tags as readers are clearly warned of the contents of these threads
How will this play on Spy? Without the spoiler tags, won't it all just appear and piss off a lot of people?

Guilty Spark

May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
The Hound goes out so uneventfully and just as you're starting to like him.

Guilty Spark

May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
What will be the thing that explodes the internet from this season?

Joff choking?
Tywin shot on the shitter?
Will wee see Lady Stoneheart, perhaps at the very end?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
How will this play on Spy? Without the spoiler tags, won't it all just appear and piss off a lot of people?
As far as this show goes its seems to me that the ppl that use spy and watch this show read the books. I dont feel that its fair to anyone that wishes to have these types of open discussions in threads that are clearly labeled as full of spoilers should have to cater to the small percentage that use spy. And spoiler tags dont parse in spy either so unless you do the buffer system it doesnt matter anyway. Maybe we could make the subforum I want to do be unable to be accessed by spy. Its not like were going into a regular thread freely discussing these things. This thread if here solely for this purpose for this show. I dunno the long term logistics need to be worked out but in the mean time until someone complains were going with this this way

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ

Joff choking?
We should see lady stoneheart by mid to 3/4 of the season iirc

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.

Joff choking?

I will guarentee you people will say, well we knew Joff would die at some point but no one could have seen Tywin's demise the way it happened. I will go with Tywin for sure but for the size of what will happen to Joff, that will make for better tv. The look on the ball-less one will be priceless for both.

If done right Lady stoneheart will freak viewers out. Last season set some precedent with Dondarrion(sp?) but I really do not think people will connect that since the north does not believe in the lord of light.

Guilty Spark

May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
So when do we get the Red Viper/Mountain fight? Usually the big things happen second to last episode...not that it's all that big... I don't think there's enough time to make most viewers really give a shit about Oberyn that this will be earth shaking.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
So when do we get the Red Viper/Mountain fight? Usually the big things happen second to last episode...not that it's all that big... I don't think there's enough time to make most viewers really give a shit about Oberyn that this will be earth shaking.
RV/M fight should be in episode 8 (The Mountain and the Viper), with Viper getting killed ofc.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
I am really looking forward to the Purple Wedding next episode.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
RV/M fight should be in episode 8 (The Mountain and the Viper), with Viper getting killed ofc.
And then we get at least 2 episodes of hearing maybe seeing the mountain "die" slowly in terrible agony. Im actually looking forward to his reincarnation as Ser Strong