Game of Thrones/Song of Ice & Fire SPOILER Filled Discussions

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
YouTube Viewers are Furious About the Game of Thrones Casts’ Refugee Plea

Read more at http://www.craveonline.com/design/9...hrones-casts-refugee-plea#OKLbsWy2Rg82bI4h.99

The YouTube like/dislike bar is often a good indicator of where the Internet hivemind's pendulum is currently swinging on social and political issues. This has recently been evident in the furious backlash against the Ghostbusters 3 trailer, with its all-female cast generating a slew of sexist and anti-feminist comments indicative of the 'net's continued disdain for progressives and so-called "Social Justice Warriors."

Now the Internet has spoken once again (before they were mercifully silenced by the removal of a comments section), with a video featuring the Game of Thrones cast generating awareness for the plight of Syrian refugees being met with a ton of downvotes and outrage.

The video, which features the likes of Lena Headley, Maisie Williams and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau pledging their support to the International Rescue Committee, has just under 100,000 views at the time of this writing but a massively uneven like to dislike ratio, with the majority of viewers falling into the latter camp. The video also inspired mass amounts of hateful vitriol in its comments section, leading to the IRC deactivating it as a result.

It seems that Game of Thrones fans struggle with their morality just as much as the show's infamously self-serving characters do.

YouTube Viewers are Furious About the Game of Thrones Casts’ Refugee Plea

Read more at http://www.craveonline.com/design/9...hrones-casts-refugee-plea#OKLbsWy2Rg82bI4h.99

The YouTube like/dislike bar is often a good indicator of where the Internet hivemind's pendulum is currently swinging on social and political issues. This has recently been evident in the furious backlash against the Ghostbusters 3 trailer, with its all-female cast generating a slew of sexist and anti-feminist comments indicative of the 'net's continued disdain for progressives and so-called "Social Justice Warriors."

Now the Internet has spoken once again (before they were mercifully silenced by the removal of a comments section), with a video featuring the Game of Thrones cast generating awareness for the plight of Syrian refugees being met with a ton of downvotes and outrage.

The video, which features the likes of Lena Headley, Maisie Williams and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau pledging their support to the International Rescue Committee, has just under 100,000 views at the time of this writing but a massively uneven like to dislike ratio, with the majority of viewers falling into the latter camp. The video also inspired mass amounts of hateful vitriol in its comments section, leading to the IRC deactivating it as a result.

It seems that Game of Thrones fans struggle with their morality just as much as the show's infamously self-serving characters do.

International Rescue?

And you have to remember most of the cast is from the UK... and don't seem (for the most part) to have issues with the savages running around.

Saikotic

Donator
International Rescue?

And you have to remember most of the cast is from the UK... and don't seem (for the most part) to have issues with the savages running around.
Until those busses explode.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
In the book Jaime is patterned after Jaehaerys. In the show he's like a bigger Tyrion. He's like what Tyrion would have wanted to be if he wasn't a dwarf and never needed a brain. It's all emotion with show Jaime. It's kind of annoying.

Cersei too. She was much more empathetic than her book version, going all the way back to season 1.

They realized that the Lannisters would in a few seasons become the stars, and I guess you can't have unlikeable stars. Too many teenage girls would find it gross.

I think it explains why they omitted the Moon Boy thing.

NotSoFast

I think at the end of the series, we see Hodor on the Iron Throne with the lifeless bodies of all of the major characters strewn about in front of him.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Oh lookie, more reminder of Lyanna last night. Hmm, I wonder what that could be leading up to.....

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco.

Saikotic

Donator
Oh lookie, more reminder of Lyanna last night. Hmm, I wonder what that could be leading up to.....

Next week is the Tower of Joy apparently, according to this autistic bastard.

Hate & Discontent

Based on the Ep3 teaser at the end of last night's episode, there's no "apparently" - The "Now it begins." "No, now it ends." is directly from the ToJ in the books, but young Ned's delivery sucked.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff

I kinda like most his videos no matter the topic. I agree he's at minimum on the spectrum.

Saikotic

Donator
Based on the Ep3 teaser at the end of last night's episode, there's no "apparently" - The "Now it begins." "No, now it ends." is directly from the ToJ in the books, but young Ned's delivery sucked.
My uh version doesn't have previews for the following week.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
The GoT show must be great for ole George. He can cherry pick any good ideas they come up with and put it in his next book.

The GoT show must be great for ole George. He can cherry pick any good ideas they come up with and put it in his next book.
He actually ignores the show for the most part, purely so that doesn't happen. Also that would suck, because, you know, the dorne thing happened.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
Bronn is off fucking bitches and not giving a single shit
He really is one of my favorite characters in the whole fucking series.

My pointless thoughts...
so thinking about the "newly resurrected" Jon Snow...since he died, his vow to the Night's Watch has been completed. He could grab land, title, kids, and crown. I wonder if he warg-ed over to Snow before/during the stabbing & Melisandre did just enough to his body to bring it up to functioning a la Thoros of Myr. I'm going to be very interested in seeing how this plays out.

And when you think back to the proficy, Daenerys' "womb will not quicken until the sun (son) rises in the West"...if the whole R+L=J thing is right, which I assume we're going to see that it is, I expect someone will be riding the cotton pony back in Vaes Dothrak. I have had this feeling since book 4 that somehow/someway Jon Snow & Dany were going to wind up being the pair who got together & closed shit off.

Hate & Discontent

He really is one of my favorite characters in the whole fucking series.

My pointless thoughts...
so thinking about the "newly resurrected" Jon Snow...since he died, his vow to the Night's Watch has been completed. He could grab land, title, kids, and crown. I wonder if he warg-ed over to Snow before/during the stabbing & Melisandre did just enough to his body to bring it up to functioning a la Thoros of Myr. I'm going to be very interested in seeing how this plays out.

And when you think back to the proficy, Daenerys' "womb will not quicken until the sun (son) rises in the West"...if the whole R+L=J thing is right, which I assume we're going to see that it is, I expect someone will be riding the cotton pony back in Vaes Dothrak. I have had this feeling since book 4 that somehow/someway Jon Snow & Dany were going to wind up being the pair who got together & closed shit off.
No need for tags here

Jon and Dany will probably be the two (plus the third head - either Tyrion, (f)Aegon, or Meera) to really handle the others. I highly doubt both Jon and Dany survive the series, though. I'm betting Jon dies a martyr, or he returns to the watch instead of taking the iron throne. Dany might hold the throne at the end, but I don't see a truly happy ending for her, either.