Game of Thrones/Song of Ice & Fire SPOILER Filled Discussions

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
He had vengeance on Ygritte. Every day past that was icing on the cake for him.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator

Muscles

Shit goes down on episode 5. Interesting reveals for how certain characters came to be.

Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
Godddamn I feel gutted. That was so depressing, now I know how people feel when their favorite character dies because Hodor was mine. Fucking Bran, he fucked Hodor's life up most of his life.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Godddamn I feel gutted. That was so depressing, now I know how people feel when their favorite character dies because Hodor was mine. Fucking Bran, he fucked Hodor's life up most of his life.
That entire sequence felt completely disjointed. Plus it just reeked of HBO trying to slash budget. No more CGI children, one less direwolf, no more Hodor, no more three eyed raven...

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco.

domelogic

That entire sequence felt completely disjointed. Plus it just reeked of HBO trying to slash budget. No more CGI children, one less direwolf, no more Hodor, no more three eyed raven...

Yeah I do not see how the main white walker touching Bran means they can come in the cave. Also they did not spell out why they created them unless I missed it. Will all the trees die now?

Hate & Discontent

Yeah I do not see how the main white walker touching Bran means they can come in the cave. Also they did not spell out why they created them unless I missed it. Will all the trees die now?
Supposedly the children made the others to fight the humans, but even that didn't really make sense. Plus they stabbed the guy with an obsidian dagger, which is what destroys others... Huh?

The fast zombies (especially crawling across the fucking ceiling) also helped make that entire sequence feel off. I know they've been doing it for a while, but it's stupid.

Killing off Summer had no real meaning or impact. Just boom, dog attacks wight, gets stabbed to death. No epic last stand by a badass direwolf.

More and more the show feels like someone took the plot of the books and used it to play a game of telephone. Whatever the last kid in line heard is what they used in the show. It's got some connection to Martin's plot plans, but the execution is way the fuck off.

Discoman

Donator
Supposedly the children made the others to fight the humans, but even that didn't really make sense. Plus they stabbed the guy with an obsidian dagger, which is what destroys others... Huh?

The fast zombies (especially crawling across the fucking ceiling) also helped make that entire sequence feel off. I know they've been doing it for a while, but it's stupid.

Killing off Summer had no real meaning or impact. Just boom, dog attacks wight, gets stabbed to death. No epic last stand by a badass direwolf.

More and more the show feels like someone took the plot of the books and used it to play a game of telephone. Whatever the last kid in line heard is what they used in the show. It's got some connection to Martin's plot plans, but the execution is way the fuck off.

Someone drew a comparison between the fires of Mt. Doom being the only thing that can destroy the ring to the obsidian and the White Walkers. What makes them destroys them.

I'm sure there's more to it in the books, I think at this point we all know certain segments and characters have been truncated. I really don't see why the 3 eyed Raven waited 1000 years to die so soon while Bran's training is incomplete. All he had to say was "Hey, don't let White Walkers see you or touch you." Now that's all gone to shit.

Oh, and because this could be a big spoiler for next week and the books included:
The actor that played Benjen will be in the next episode as Brother Beyond The Wall. So he's either a combination of Benjen or Coldhands, I imagine he'll come to save Bran and Meera. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1152798/

Hate & Discontent

Someone drew a comparison between the fires of Mt. Doom being the only thing that can destroy the ring to the obsidian and the White Walkers. What makes them destroys them.

I'm sure there's more to it in the books, I think at this point we all know certain segments and characters have been truncated. I really don't see why the 3 eyed Raven waited 1000 years to die so soon while Bran's training is incomplete. All he had to say was "Hey, don't let White Walkers see you or touch you." Now that's all gone to shit.

Oh, and because this could be a big spoiler for next week and the books included:
The actor that played Benjen will be in the next episode as Brother Beyond The Wall. So he's either a combination of Benjen or Coldhands, I imagine he'll come to save Bran and Meera. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1152798/
The three eyed crow is only about 150 years old, maybe a little less. He's not much older than Maester Aemon.

I'm betting they're bastardizing Coldhands with Benjen.

Discoman

Donator
The three eyed crow is only about 150 years old, maybe a little less. He's not much older than Maester Aemon..
Yeah, my mistake. Still, a silly thing that he'd have to wait so long to give a half lesson and then die.

Saikotic

Donator
I think of it as like vampires being unable to cross the threshold to come into a home unless invited. The place was magically secure, Bran's fuck up was a small crack in the magical shell that the Others could exploit. Bran fucked up and let them in.

Also,the Night King was created with dragon glass, but when he created the Others, he did so without it. What makes him strong is what they lack, and is thus their weakness. But I'm talking out my ass.

domelogic

I think of it as like vampires being unable to cross the threshold to come into a home unless invited. The place was magically secure, Bran's fuck up was a small crack in the magical shell that the Others could exploit. Bran fucked up and let them in.

Also,the Night King was created with dragon glass, but when he created the Others, he did so without it. What makes him strong is what they lack, and is thus their weakness. But I'm talking out my ass.
Ok I get that but like Hate said why wouldn't the first thing the tree guy says to Bran be, hey if we are warging and you see the night king do not let him touch you. Pretty simple shit, yet oops it slipped my mind and for that we have no more hold the door. Warging is one thing but the time travel I am not sold on.

Saikotic

Donator
Ok I get that but like Hate said why wouldn't the first thing the tree guy says to Bran be, hey if we are warging and you see the night king do not let him touch you. Pretty simple shit, yet oops it slipped my mind and for that we have no more hold the door. Warging is one thing but the time travel I am not sold on.
Because plot. Happens all the time. I agree that in "real life" a warning should have been given but consider this: The old man in the tree KNEW about his own future and knew he couldn't do a damned thing to change it. I'm speculating on that one, but it seems reasonable.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
He also did a "Time to pass this shit onto you, and instead of telling you anything I'mma take you back in time and let you fuck up while your friends and dog eat shit."

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Raise a glass, boys.

He held the door.

Falldog

Donator
Why are we worried about the others again as long as the wall still stands?

Discoman

Donator
Why are we worried about the others again as long as the wall still stands?
With the mark the Night's King left on Bran, the wall might collapse like the seal around the 3 Eyed Raven's place broke. There's also that horn that can supposedly break the barrier too.

Falldog

Donator
With the mark the Night's King left on Bran, the wall might collapse like the seal around the 3 Eyed Raven's place broke. There's also that horn that can supposedly break the barrier too.
Sorry, meant from a show prospective. I can't recall that they've brought up the horn yet.

Though I could see some sort of ass-pull mark nonsense working too.

Falldog

Donator
Sorry, meant from a show prospective. I can't recall that they've brought up the horn yet.

Though I could see some sort of ass-pull mark nonsense working too.