Game of Thrones/Song of Ice & Fire SPOILER Filled Discussions

DiggerNick

Donator
Prediction for next season.

It will open with a flashback of Rhaegar and Liana, since we have never even seen Rhaegar yet and they're still playing coy with the birth reveal.

Bran will see them in one of his visions and maybe he will make it to Winterfell and that's when Jon will find out.

Last edited:

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
I had to make this. The kid was a bad ass!

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
With the mark the Night's King left on Bran, the wall might collapse like the seal around the 3 Eyed Raven's place broke. There's also that horn that can supposedly break the barrier too.
What if the "horn" isn't a horn, but Bran now that he has the mark of the Night's King?

Discoman

Donator
What if the "horn" isn't a horn, but Bran now that he has the mark of the Night's King?
In the books it is a literal horn, and Mance's trump card as he threatens to destroy the wall if necessary to get the wildings south. Though this horn could have been a fake for sure.

I'd be surprised if a little iddy biddy mark could cause all the magics of the wall to collapse, but there's no other offering of how the Wights will reach south. (I think Dany has dreams of killing others on her Dragon in Riverrun or some Northern area.)

Last edited:

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
In the books it is a literal horn, and Mance's trump card as he threatens to destroy the wall if necessary to get the wildings south. Though this horn could have been a fake for sure.

I'd be surprised if a little iddy biddy mark could cause all the magics of the wall to collapse, but there's no other offering of how the Wights will reach south. (I think Dany has dreams of killing others on her Dragon in Riverrun or some Northern area.)
Well, an iddy biddy mark caused all of the magics of the TER's magic hideout to collapse, and theoretically the wall and that are of the same, or similar magic. So, it shouldn't be too far of a leap to say that once Bran crosses through the wall (if he does) that his crossing would destroy that magic.

Now, yes, the books till now have referred to it as a literal horn, but in the books the horn Mance had was stated to be a fake and was destroyed. I think the current best theory though is the Knights King already has the horn.

Discoman

Donator
Well, an iddy biddy mark caused all of the magics of the TER's magic hideout to collapse, and theoretically the wall and that are of the same, or similar magic. So, it shouldn't be too far of a leap to say that once Bran crosses through the wall (if he does) that his crossing would destroy that magic.

Now, yes, the books till now have referred to it as a literal horn, but in the books the horn Mance had was stated to be a fake and was destroyed. I think the current best theory though is the Knights King already has the horn.
There's the difference in scale, but writers can pull anything out of their ass when it comes to magic. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the Night's King ended up having the horn, it'd make sense for him to know every secret thing above the wall.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
So will the great bearded glacier get the next book out before season 7? No way in shit will we get the last book before the show is over.

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco.

Saikotic

Donator
So will the great bearded glacier get the next book out before season 7? No way in shit will we get the last book before the show is over.

FOUL BRIGAND! HOW DARE YOU HASTEN THE PEN OF SUCH AN ARTISTE! YOU CANNOT, NAY SHALL NOT BESMIRCH THE SPEED AT WHICH THE TAILOR WEAVES HIS GREATEST MASTERPIECE.

Oh and tubby gon' die.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff

Well prolly have some sample chapters from "A Dream of Spring" a couple months after the show ends

Just got done with the series. Me and my girl just burned through the entire 6 seasons in a month and a half. Really great not having to wait a week. Every night, we watched an episode or two. Great show. I liked how they would kill off just about anyone

I hope they go at least two more seasons, with all the loose ends to tie up before a war against the White Walkers.

mascan42

Just got done with the series. Me and my girl just burned through the entire 6 seasons in a month and a half. Really great not having to wait a week. Every night, we watched an episode or two. Great show. I liked how they would kill off just about anyone

I hope they go at least two more seasons, with all the loose ends to tie up before a war against the White Walkers.
Eight seasons total is the plan, with the last two being shorter than usual (6-7 episodes each).

Saikotic

Donator
Don't we have to suffer with two 6 episode seasons?

domelogic

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/12/game-of-thrones-sxsw/

Game of Thrones season 7 to guest star Ed Sheeran.

The eighth and final season of Game of Thrones will indeed only be six episodes long, showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss said Sunday.
Seems really rushed for what has to be completed. I bet they ran out of ideas on what to do with all the open story lines and how to connect the dots. Old fat man took to long to give them more story. His ability to take ten years to finish a book means we will never get both novels

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Sorry guys, but the ending will have to leave lots of unanswered questions due to the limited schedule.

Saikotic

Donator
Sorry guys, but the ending will have to leave lots of unanswered questions due to the limited schedule.
I'm fairly certain that HBO would allow their biggest show to run 3 more episodes if they felt they needed it.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
So I have 2 weeks off from work for vacation starting on Thursday. I've never seen Game of Thrones and might start it. I hear good things from friends but my wife wants to start a show called Shamless.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
So I have 2 weeks off from work for vacation starting on Thursday. I've never seen Game of Thrones and might start it. I hear good things from friends but my wife wants to start a show called Shamless.
Smack her in the face and make her watch Game of Thrones.