Game of Thrones/Song of Ice & Fire SPOILER Filled Discussions

domelogic

Oh George. It has been what 7-8 years since the last book and now

'Game of Thrones' has 2 books coming soon, neither are 'Winds of Winter'

There’s good news and bad news for “Game of Thrones” book readers. Author George R.R. Martin will release two new books in the near future, but neither will be book six, “Winds of Winter.”

The notoriously slow writer has been teasing the release of the next book in his “Song of Ice and Fire” series, for which the HBO series is based. However, despite his update that the book should come in 2017, the calendar year came and went. With the TV series having surpassed the events in the books for two seasons now, literary fans are wondering when they can expect their next book.

In a recent post on his blog, comedically titled “Not a Blog,” about the Hugo Awards nominations, Martin engaged with curious fans in the comments section. There, he revealed that “Fire and Blood,” a spinoff about the Targaryen family history, will be split into two volumes - both of which will come out before “Winds of Winter.”

It looks like “Game of Thrones” the show will completely wrap up the ongoing story in Westeros before book fans get a chance to finish the adventure in text. Now, given the latest update from Martin himself, it seems that it’s possible the eighth and final season of the show will come and go before even the sixth book hits store shelves.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator

Bobobie

Aubrey Plaza had a stroke when she was only 20, was partially paralyzed. Youth guarantees nothing.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
From the article:

Clarke said she had been healthy all her life, but was suffering from serious stress when the artery burst in her brain. Much of it came from constant press questions about the nudity of her character, a conquering queen, in the show's first episode.

"I always got the same question: some variation of 'You play such a strong woman, and yet you take off your clothes. Why?'" Clarke writes. "In my head, I'd respond, 'How many men do I need to kill to prove myself?'"

Maybe tell them "I'm an actress and it's part of the fucking book"? She's supposed to have one tit hanging out for the entire first book.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
So....she had a stroke because someone asked her "hard" questions? Oh you poor dear!

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
Maybe tell them "I'm an actress and it's part of the fucking book"? She's supposed to have one tit hanging out for the entire first book.
Always bummed out they didn't do that for the show in Qarth

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Please use spoiler tags if you should want to discuss who lives or dies.

Saikotic

Donator
Please use spoiler tags if you should want to discuss who lives or dies.
Urge to troll is less than the urge to not get banned.

Watched it mooching off my parents HBO GO...and I'm 43 :)
great show tonight except it felt like there was a lot of dead time...
waiting for them to finafuckingly tell john who he really is...My wife was yelling at the screen "Just fucking tell him!!!"

and based on my spoiler I think the dragon ride "Star Wars Pod Racer Scene" was just killing too much time...to make us wait and set up a premise where by that could not happen because they are away...

Looking to watch the episode...try this site...it indexes streams...LOTS of popups...just use a web ripper to find the URL of the video and it will be specific to your IP but can stream anywhere in your home ad free...
H T T P S ://ololo.to/s/game+of+thrones+--new

Yes. A slower episode than all of season 7. But it's just getting people in place.

Thought the Yara rescue was too fast, easy and just thrown in there. As if the writers wondered what are we gonna do with yara, we left her alive. Meh. Just throw her back on the iron islands and forget about her. Thought he would face his uncle for the whole fleet. Should have just killed her if that's the case.

I too wondered what took them so long to tell John. It wasnt until Sam met John that I asked how many days had he been there without seeing " the person he trusted most".

Dont know why I was surprised by a few things.

Sam and Dany coming face to face and he, understandably, hates her.

Totally forgot about Bran facing the the guy that pushed him. He never remembered who pushed him right? Just figured he would never know. Guess he looked it up.

And for some weird reason I never thought about Danyres and John being at odds over who holds more power. I guess I always thought about them dealing with the fucking part but not the I'm the REAL ruler part.

It hit me that besides the guys who want to fuck her, and her army, no one else wants her there.

Looks like we will deal with the night walker war first.

Fucking year and a half hiatuses..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Some of the ham-fisted writing on this show... every time a women on the show gets spoken about this picture should pop up.

I also hope those two kid ruler characters die. Its not funny, its annoying every time people listen to them seriously and don't belt them across the face.

DiggerNick

Donator
Some of the ham-fisted writing on this show... every time a women on the show gets spoken about this picture should pop up.

I also hope those two kid ruler characters die. Its not funny, its annoying every time people listen to them seriously and don't belt them across the face.
That little beady-eyed bitch should be thrown into a fire.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Well, one out of two...or three if you count the older Carstark gal.

That little beady-eyed bitch should be thrown into a fire.
I actually love her humbling "you refused the call" speech awhile back. She made Tim McInerney's Glover back down like Percy in Blackadder.

Seems he may be for the chop now himself.

This is based on nothing specific....but I think Daenerys dies, probably at the battle of Winterfell. Seems like the writers are getting bored of her.

Saikotic

Donator
Yes. A slower episode than all of season 7. But it's just getting people in place.

Thought the Yara rescue was too fast, easy and just thrown in there. As if the writers wondered what are we gonna do with yara, we left her alive. Meh. Just throw her back on the iron islands and forget about her. Thought he would face his uncle for the whole fleet. Should have just killed her if that's the case.

I too wondered what took them so long to tell John. It wasnt until Sam met John that I asked how many days had he been there without seeing " the person he trusted most".

Dont know why I was surprised by a few things.

Sam and Dany coming face to face and he, understandably, hates her.

Totally forgot about Bran facing the the guy that pushed him. He never remembered who pushed him right? Just figured he would never know. Guess he looked it up.

And for some weird reason I never thought about Danyres and John being at odds over who holds more power. I guess I always thought about them dealing with the fucking part but not the I'm the REAL ruler part.

It hit me that besides the guys who want to fuck her, and her army, no one else wants her there.

Looks like we will deal with the night walker war first.

Fucking year and a half hiatuses..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Bran has powers now, I'd assume he went back and looked at his own life.

Stig

A Bigly Bad Hombre.
Bran has powers now, I'd assume he went back and looked at his own life.
So he watched his parents raisin' Bran? Tsssss.....

But seriously, folks - that dragon-riding scene should have been a Disney musical number, like something out of Aladdin.