Game of Thrones/Song of Ice & Fire SPOILER Filled Discussions

Is the show better than the books?

I got crap for saying that this is one instance where I enjoyed the film adaptation more than the novels.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

I got crap for saying that this is one instance where I enjoyed the film adaptation more than the novels.
I catch all kinds of shit for knowing SFA about both the books or the show. Woe betide the person not into the latest greatest show.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Not sure if this is too spoilery for the main thread, so...

After seeing how Arya and Gendry interacted, does anyone think, seriously, that we might get a sex scene between them? I wonder how folks would accept that. She plays younger, but Maisie's really only a year younger than Sophie. For all I know Arya is now the same age Sansa was when she got more than she bargained for with Ramsay a couple seasons ago. As an actress, I'm sure it would be kind of a professional gift to Maisie to script that for her career to broaden after this, but I know she seems like such a kid...despite killing loads of people, of course.

Gendry may get to lay down his hammer after all...

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator

The show is far better than the books. Most of the fat is cut out along with dead end storylines. For me, it’s simply the best series ever made.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Not sure if this is too spoilery for the main thread, so...

After seeing how Arya and Gendry interacted, does anyone think, seriously, that we might get a sex scene between them? I wonder how folks would accept that. She plays younger, but Maisie's really only a year younger than Sophie. For all I know Arya is now the same age Sansa was when she got more than she bargained for with Ramsay a couple seasons ago. As an actress, I'm sure it would be kind of a professional gift to Maisie to script that for her career to broaden after this, but I know she seems like such a kid...despite killing loads of people, of course.

Gendry may get to lay down his hammer after all...

I thought that too.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
What's the chances Tyene Sand and her mother are not dead and Braun saves them or the mother? I don't see him murdering Tyrion or Jaime. I think he might just get out of dodge as well.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
What's the chances Tyene Sand and her mother are not dead and Braun saves them or the mother? I don't see him murdering Tyrion or Jaime. I think he might just get out of dodge as well.
Tyene is dead, dead, dead. Even Ellaria would likely be dead by now, but insane if not.

As from Bronn, he likely puts himself in harm's way and dies heroically in part to avoid that choice, but I don't see him killing either either.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Bronn won't be killing them.

Bronn: You know, your sister wants me to kill you. Promised me a castle.
Jaime: And you're not taking her up on the offer?
Bronn: I figure you'd double her offer.

or
Bronn: I figure you'd give me Casterly Rock