Gaming

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Aug 11, 2005
I'd like to see games like Postal2 on xbox but I know that'll never happen in this pc society

Token White Guy

Continuously Jaded
Oct 25, 2009
LA... Lower Alabama
So when did gamers get official titles? The only people I know who throw the word "hardcore" around are no talent MLG wannabe wiggers who think Call of Duty is the end all, be all.

I'll just stick to calling myself a gamer.

Feb 10, 2004
NJ
I play my ps3 if not every day, every other day for at least an hour if not more. I'm not sure what that classifies as so I'm not voting.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
So when did gamers get official titles? The only people I know who throw the word "hardcore" around are no talent MLG wannabe wiggers who think Call of Duty is the end all, be all.

Call of Duty is a casual game.

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
I thought the terms hardcore and gamer were mutually exclusive

Sep 28, 2010
if I won the lottery all id do is play video games......all day!

DoughBoy

Woogally Cute
Wackbag Staff
Jul 28, 2003
Jersey Shore

Incorrect. While I think that there are numerous ways to categorize the difference between a hardcore gamer and a casual gamer, I think your lame attempt to slam a game type that you don't like is fucking lame.

Usually hardcore gamers are the ones that are putting lots of time and effort into their gaming (or the backstory, investigation, youtubing, etc) that goes along with the gaming. Sure, you could try to put on the tage of 'competitive' to define hardcore, but I don't think that covers a large portion of those who like the RPGs and other non-competitive styles. Overall, I'd have to say that if you're spending between 1 and 7 hours a week gaming, you're casual. More and you're bordering on having an issue. 20+ and you're hardcore gaming.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan

To me, hardcore gamer would be someone who has no life other than computer games. Someone who is always on a game server or just plays games 24-7.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I voted "casual" because for the most part I prefer arcade type games, I can't get into any of that Final Fantasy / Call of Duty / Halo type of games

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
I voted "casual" because for the most part I prefer arcade type games, I can't get into any of that Final Fantasy / Call of Duty / Halo type of games
I didn't realize there were even still arcades. I haven't seen one in years.

Token White Guy

Continuously Jaded
Oct 25, 2009
LA... Lower Alabama
Incorrect. While I think that there are numerous ways to categorize the difference between a hardcore gamer and a casual gamer, I think your lame attempt to slam a game type that you don't like is fucking lame.

Usually hardcore gamers are the ones that are putting lots of time and effort into their gaming (or the backstory, investigation, youtubing, etc) that goes along with the gaming. Sure, you could try to put on the tage of 'competitive' to define hardcore, but I don't think that covers a large portion of those who like the RPGs and other non-competitive styles. Overall, I'd have to say that if you're spending between 1 and 7 hours a week gaming, you're casual. More and you're bordering on having an issue. 20+ and you're hardcore gaming.
I play games about 3 a day. I don't think of myself as being "hardcore".

Do yourself a favor, go to the BI forums and ask people who play ArmA 2 everyday if they are "hardcore." Now go to any mainstream video game forum and ask the people who play Call of Duty every day if they are "hardcore." I'll bet more Call of Duty players say they are more "hardcore" than ArmA 2 players. You know why? Because that's who the video game universe defined as "hardcore." FFS, go to Youtube and browse the Call of Duty scene there. My definition fits perfectly.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI

Do yourself a favor, go to the BI forums and ask people who play ArmA 2 everyday if they are "hardcore." Now go to any mainstream video game forum and ask the people who play Call of Duty every day if they are "hardcore." I'll bet more Call of Duty players say they are more "hardcore" than ArmA 2 players. You know why? Because that's who the video game universe defined as "hardcore." FFS, go to Youtube and browse the Call of Duty scene there. My definition fits perfectly.
What the hell are these?

DoughBoy

Woogally Cute
Wackbag Staff
Jul 28, 2003
Jersey Shore

Defining the term about a small set of the overall gaming community is pretty ridiculous. Have you ever been to or looked at PAX or any other gaming convention? You have a myopic view of what gaming actually is and, as such, your definition does't work.

A douche playing BlackOps for the hour a day that his mommy lets him play isn't a hardcore gamer just because he says so. The people putting in 20 hours a week to learn how to fly the chinook in Arma; someone jewel crafting in WoW until max skill for hundreds of hours; the guy researching every card on the new magic expansion and planning decks before they even come out... they're hardcore gamers.