Gaping hole found in universe (MERGED)

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN2329057520070823

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A giant hole in the Universe is devoid of galaxies, stars and even lacks dark matter, astronomers said on Thursday.

The team at the University of Minnesota said the void is nearly a billion light-years across and they have no idea why it is there.

"Not only has no one ever found a void this big, but we never even expected to find one this size," said astronomy professor Lawrence Rudnick.

Writing in the Astrophysical Journal, Rudnick and colleagues Shea Brown and Liliya Williams said they were examining a cold spot using the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe satellite, and found the giant hole.

"We already knew there was something different about this spot in the sky," Rudnick said. The region stood out as being colder in a survey of the Cosmic Microwave Background -- the faint radio buzz left over from the Big Bang that gave birth to the Universe.

"What we've found is not normal, based on either observational studies or on computer simulations of the large-scale evolution of the Universe," Williams said in a statement.

The astronomers said the region even appeared to lack dark matter, which cannot be seen directly but is usually detected by measuring gravitational forces.

The void is in a region of sky in the constellation Eridanus, southwest of Orion.

The researchers have posted images on the Internet at www.nrao.edu/pr/2007/coldspot/graphics.shtml.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Hoo Hoo, Robin close your legs, your gaping vagina is sucking in everything, Hoo Hoo.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
I was going to post this yesterday morning, but didn't think wackbag could handle it.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Astronomers Find a Hole in the Universe

Astronomers Find a Hole in the Universe
Aug. 24) - Astronomers have stumbled upon a tremendous hole in the universe. That's got them scratching their heads about what's just not there. The cosmic blank spot has no stray stars, no galaxies, no sucking black holes, not even mysterious dark matter. It is 1 billion light years across of nothing. That's an expanse of nearly 6 billion trillion miles of emptiness, a University of Minnesota team announced Thursday.
Full Story: http://news.aol.com/story/ar/_a/ast...e/20070825162909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001
Martian care to Comment?

martianvirus

Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Martian care to Comment?
My comment would be that our scientists hardly know anything about the universe. Most of them are using ideas and theory's that are a hundred years old, and are wrong.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
As long as our galaxy isn't being sucked towards it, then I think that’s pretty cool.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
My comment would be that our scientists hardly know anything about the universe. Most of them are using ideas and theory's that are a hundred years old, and are wrong.
Yeah, you would know. Maybe the aliens sapped all the resources from that area to make flying saucers, anti-grav cow abducting beams and an infinite supply of anal probes?

martianvirus

Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah, you would know. Maybe the aliens sapped all the resources from that area to make flying saucers, anti-grav cow abducting beams and an infinite supply of anal probes?
Ok, mister 'the world is still flat'.:action-sm

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Ok, mister 'the world is still flat'.:action-sm
For every Galileo, Darwin, or Columbus there are millions of dummies spouting bullshit about demons, gods, conspiracies, ghosts, and Bigfoot. That's why evidence is so important.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
For every Galileo, Darwin, or Columbus there are millions of dummies spouting bullshit about demons, gods, conspiracies, ghosts, and Bigfoot. That's why evidence is so important.
ummm,
There are loads of physical evidence regarding creatures like Bigfoot around the globe! Nepal, Sumatra, China, Argentina, Peru, USA, Canada, India....to name a few...Nails, hair, urine samples, video, footprints.
What do you want... a body?

martianvirus

Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
ummm,
There are loads of physical evidence regarding creatures like Bigfoot around the globe! Nepal, Sumatra, China, Argentina, Peru, USA, Canada, India....to name a few...Nails, hair, urine samples, video, footprints.
Id like to add the fact that just because we don't have a body of an alien or big foot or any other creature, doesn't mean that they don't exist.

For example, the Giant Squid was once a mythological creature. Vikings told tails of these things in the ocean. People Just thought that it was just tall tails. Well these things were recently discovered. They are real, and now we even have bodies. I saw a documentary about this a few years ago. These things are huge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_squid
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/09/0927_050927_giant_squid.html

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
So.... What exactly does this mean?
I thought we were all going to die in 2009 anyways

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
ummm,
Wait...Are you joking or not? I think you are...But I can't be certain. Hrm...I'll pretend you're serious just to be safe.

How could such a large and conspicuous animal be breeding across the Earth and yet somehow remain so rare? Besides, I thought Bigfoot was a North American legend? Why would they be in China?

Anyway, feel free to point me to this telling "Bigfoot urine sample" that'll blow this mystery wide open.

Id like to add the fact that just because we don't have a body of an alien or big foot or any other creature, doesn't mean that they don't exist.

For example, the Giant Squid was once a mythological creature. Vikings told tails of these things in the ocean. People Just thought that it was just tall tails. Well these things were recently discovered. They are real, and now we even have bodies. I saw a documentary about this a few years ago. These things are huge.
Yeah I couldn't expect you to know the difference between the vast unexplored depths of the ocean and a giant monkey in a monkey-less North American forest. Totally similar.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_squid
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/09/0927_050927_giant_squid.html
Thank you! Remember: http://www.dinofish.com/

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Hair samples were also taken from a house located on the Lummi Indian reservation in Washington. Three more samples were retrieved from Maryland, Oregon and California. Forensic Anthropologist Dr. Ellis R. Kerley and Physical Anthropologist Dr. Stephen Rosen of the University of Maryland, as well as Tom Moore, the Supervisor of the Wyoming Game and Fish Laboratory, examined the hair samples and stated that all the hair samples matched in terms of belonging to a "non species specific mammal". They concurred in finding that the four sets matched each other, were similar to gorilla and human but were neither, and they did not match 84 other species of North American mammals. They claim that the samples had both primate, carnivore and ungulate characteristics
Blood associated with the sample from Idaho was tested by Dr. Vincent Sarich of the University of California and found to be that of an higher primate
ummm Blood?

martianvirus

Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
...just to be safe.

I understand you now. All you want is to be safe. Anything in the universe that could be a monster must not exist, because you want to be safe.

FYI, I don't know about Big Foot, but I have personal info that makes me believe in aliens. If you choose to not believe it, that's cool. But you don't have to call us people with real belief in something 'nuts'. I'll just say that I have seen things, and know reliable people who know/experienced things. I have no choice to believe. Then when you pile on all the former Generals, Colonels and other former military personnel that say the government recovered flying saucers, I don't understand why everyone doesn't believe.