OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Garden 2017

Discussion in 'Wackbag Home Improvement & Car Repair' started by THE FEZ MAN, Apr 3, 2017.

1. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

And I broke my tiller first run, I think something let go in the transmission, I will take it apart tomorrow and see what I broke

mrbucket75 likes this.
  2. NotSoFast

NotSoFast Registered User

3. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

You field naggers gots lots of excuses...

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  4. THE FEZ MAN

Runs like a honda started first pull, but it's a little machine and I routinely abuse it

5. mrbucket75

mrbucket75 Registered User

6. mrbucket75

double dam

7. mrbucket75

Looking on growing some "weeds" this year, per my wife. Its legal here. Gotta get on it.

8. mrbucket75

My intranets is da suck....

9. THE FEZ MAN

I looked into "common causes of failure" and I'm going to assume I snapped the worm gear or the main gear in the transmission, last year I had to take it apart because the chicken shit corroded the main shaft onto the bushings when I took it apart that time I noticed the main gear was brass and the worm gear is pot metal so its kind of designed to break, a transmission kit is 150$ so I'm just planning on that being the issue, I priced a new one but they are over 350$ I'm not making that leap till the motor comes apart. I use the machine just enough to justify owning it but not enough to buy a new one just yet.

I started a bunch of seeds the other day, my cucumbers are already getting large and it's only been a few days, I got attacked by vine borers last year so I'm going to plant this batch and plan to replant as soon as I have my first harvest apparently the borers only are active in the spring and only have one hatching so once they ruin one crop you can replant and they won't bother the new ones,

I planted a bunch of hot peppers and am just going to buy tomatoes already sprouted, I need to put up my anti chicken fence too because I want to plant Brussels sprouts and the chickens mowed those down last year I also want to put up a better trellis because the one I built last year got pulled down by the weight of the tomatoes

10. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

You'll want to find some clone cuttings ready to plant. Look for a strain your wife likes.

11. THE FEZ MAN

I took the tiller apart, I should become a mechanic because I was right about the main gear, stripped clean, ordered the new trans kit and hopefully I will be tilling in a few days

12. THE FEZ MAN

Ahhh so, I rebuilt the transmission in the tiller easy peezy for a mechanic. But I noticed that a bunch of my other squash decided that it didn't want to sprout, turns out I'm a retard and over watered the seeds and drowned them, bummer, so, I just directly sewed them into the pots. It's just spaghetti squarsh so no big deal, and fuck the peppers not one sprouted, I found out after the fact that they are very finicky and don't like to sprout, once again my fault. Just bought an assortment of peppers and tomatoes again already sprouted.

Tilled up the garden the other day and wow the soil looks great, if things go even remotely right I should have a jungle again. Still need to put up the fence though I just don't trust the chickens not to tear up the young plants

13. THE FEZ MAN

Oh and in the process of cleaning my "pond" aka duck passion pit, I killed my gold fish, which is a bummer because they were hold overs from last year

14. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

That reminds me of a story. One autumn my buddy threw some 2" feeder goldfish into a kiddie pool that was filled with rainwater. We forgot all about it and we even marveled over the winter when it appeared to be frozen solid about 12" down.
    Upon thawing there was a 6" goldfish in there. What a survivor this bastard was. He literally survived the winter in what little 32° water was in there, below the ice. That lil cannibal.

We gave him a deserving send off in a local town park pond where there were goldfish that had to weigh 10lbs.

15. THE FEZ MAN

So, last night Ralph comes in with something in his mouth, and boy it must have been delicious because when I yelled at him he starts chewing faster, I pry it out of his mouth.... dead frog... about 10 minutes later, same shit, I go out this morning and look at the pile of shit I took out of the pond, yea about 10 dead frogs in various states of decay.... fucking disgusting dogs

16. Cunt Smasher

Cunt Smasher Caligula Jr.

Ever seen a dog eat a toad?
    I got my riding mower going by ****** rigging everything. My kids lost the key so I bypassed all the safety features. It has a toggle switch and a push button to start it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  17. THE FEZ MAN

You know you can buy an ignition key for one of those off the code on the lock usually

18. NotSoFast

Or the whole replacement ignition at just about any hardware store for about $15.

TomC and THE FEZ MAN like this.
  19. NotSoFast

[​IMG]

20. TomC

TomC uppity neobarb

Last year on the way to the beach we bought two side of the road local watermelons, one was called a Charleston Gray and the other was called a Jubilee. Both were fucking great. Saved all the seeds and planted two weeks ago. Several have sprouted, no idea of how to grow watermelon put will give it a shot.

21. TomC

TomC uppity neobarb

Wife still says no to a tiller attachment for the tractor, cheapest Chinese one I can find is around $1200. I have a single row plow I was given and I plowed to long rows for the Watermelons then realized I have no idea of what I should do next. I dropped the seats in the rows and kicked dirt over them because I am not to concerned if they grow or not, but what is the correct use of a plow. Am I supposed to plant shit in the plowed rows below the dirt level?

22. THE FEZ MAN

I think it's supposed to be planted in the raised harrow, (harrow, furrow I forget the proper term) , I know water mellons (all vine type plants) prefer "raised mounds" but at the end of the day I don't think it really matters unless your a crazy plant guy or a professional farmer.

All of my gardening stuff is purely " let's see what happens" I have a few friends that are crazy into it, soil samples for analysis, super compost, perfectly weeded, irrigation systems (I actually have that myself, but because I'm lazy) and honestly it shows at the end of the season two of them have so much stuff at harvest they actually go to the local farmers market and set up stands, and well the other guy is a pot farmer, I have never seen pot plants as big as his, like 6" stems and the size of fruit trees , pounds and pounds of flowers it's amazing all out door... loop hole in the law says you can have 3 plants, never says how big

TomC likes this.
  23. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Do you know anyone around you that has a similar sized tractor... cuz I know my neighbor would pool with a couple of other guys stuff you use once in a blue moon... like a disker or a harrow... or something really expensive like a Harley rake...

24. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Well could worse... could be a partially disemboweled still quivering ground hog.

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  25. Cunt Smasher

Cunt Smasher Caligula Jr.

Watermelon does best in sandy soil.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk