Gas Price Fight causes MURDER in Detroit

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Aaaaand in no surprise...the savages decided to turn a profit on it..

WXYZ Detroit said:
Station Owner Kills Rival in Gas Price Fight

Detroit police say a war between two gas stations took a shocking and tragic turn with a station owner shooting his rival who was irate over a gas-price cut.

WATCH REPORT IN VIDEO PLAYER RIGHT

The shooting happened around 10:45 a.m. at the Marathon station near the corner of Springwells and Fort Street in southwest Detroit.
Investigators say the confrontation started when the owner of the BP station on that corner went to the Marathon station to discuss with its owner why he'd dropped the price for a gallon of unleaded gas to $2.93 per gallon, three cents less than BP.

The discussion quickly escalated into a fight with two more people from the BP station brawling with rivals at Marathon. One man was hit with a baseball bat in the melee. And then, police say, the 51-year-old owner of the Marathon station pulled out a gun and shot the owner of the BP, a 45-year-old father of five children.

In a wild post-script, it appears the BP station is taking advantage of the shooting. While police are still swarming the Marathon station, the BP has jacked up its prices. WXYZ's Bill Proctor reports that as soon as the owner's body was taken away, workers at BP changed the price-per-gallon of unleaded from $2.96 to $3.09.

You've gotta be shitting me..."Boss is dead? Raise the price 13 cents!!

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Gas station owners around here take that shit too seriously. A couple years ago, the owner of the station my sister worked at dropped the price by a dollar per gallon just to spite the guy across the street. It ended with the two guys beating the fuck out of each other.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
Wait...isn't one gas station talking about a lower price with the gas station considered price fixing? Is that illegal or just good business sense?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The profit margin on gas stinks for retailers, they're mostly tax collectors for the Man, maaan.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Wait...isn't one gas station talking about a lower price with the gas station considered price fixing? Is that illegal or just good business sense?
Yes it is illegal. Unfortunately I don't think it will justify the murder so the shooter will probably be busted. Maybe he can say he was preventing a felony. ;)

Glad that fucker is dead though, what a scumbag asshole.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Glad that fucker is dead though, what a scumbag asshole.
see for me, the scumbag asshole was the guys who owned the BP who raised their prices because the other place was closed due to a murder investigation