*GASP* Obama gets pass from CBC.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...in-office-we-would-be-marching-on-white-house
Cleaver: If Obama wasn't president, we would be ‘marching on the White House’
By Alicia M. Cohn - 09/18/11 03:48 PM ET
Unhappy members of the Congressional Black Caucus “probably would be marching on the White House” if Obama were not president, according to CBC Chairman Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.).

"If [former President] Bill Clinton had been in the White House and had failed to address this problem, we probably would be marching on the White House," Cleaver told “The Miami Herald” in comments published Sunday. "There is a less-volatile reaction in the CBC because nobody wants to do anything that would empower the people who hate the president."

CBC members have expressed concern in recent months as the unemployment rate has continued to rise amongst African-Americans, pushing for Obama to do more to address the needs of vulnerable communities.

"We’re supportive of the president, but we getting tired, y’all,” Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) said in August. “We want to give [Obama] every opportunity, but our people are hurting. The unemployment is unconscionable. We don’t know what the strategy is."

Rather than targeting Obama’s leadership, many CBC members aimed their fire at the Tea Party movement over the summer’s congressional recess. Waters said in a public meeting in her district that the Tea Party "can go straight to hell." Another member, Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.), called the Tea Party “the real enemy” seeking to hold Congress “hostage.”

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), the only Republican member of the CBC and also a member of the Tea Party Caucus, objected to hostile language used by members targeting the Tea Party movement and threatened to leave the caucus unless Cleaver condemned remarks made by other members. West singled out comments from Rep. André Carson (D-Ind.), the CBC’s whip, who said that Tea Party-affiliated members of Congress see African-Americans as "second-class citizens" and would be happy to see them "hanging from a tree."

Cleaver persuaded West to remain a member of the caucus, with West indicating later that one reason he decided to stay was that the CBC membership needed a conservative presence.

“I will not be resigning from the Congressional Black Caucus,” West wrote on his Facebook following a meeting with Cleaver at the beginning of September. “Cowards run from challenges, while warriors run to the sound of battle.”

According to West, he is working with Cleaver to produce a plan to confront the rate for unemployment amongst African-Americans, which at 16.7 percent is nearly double the rate nationwide.

Cleaver acknowledged that some of the things members of his caucus say might not be in the best interests of the “aggressive agenda” he said he is seeking to develop as chairman.

“Maxine Waters represents central Los Angeles first and she has to represent her constituents first and she's going to say things in order to represent them,” he said.
Who wants to bet that they'll still vote for him in droves even if the black unemployment rate is 50%?

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Proof that Obama was elected based on his race alone.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Do you think Romney or Perry are offering them a better deal?

"a rising tide lifts all boats" and considering they can't swim they'd best start jumping ship like a bunch of rats before Little Barry sinks the ship they're on

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Do you think Romney or Perry are offering them a better deal?
What "deal" has Obama offered? His answer to everything is literally "stimulus package" and "tax the rich". Those are the only ideas he has anymore.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
That's fucking hilarious. The article basically says they hate the way things are going under Obama but, because he's black, they aren't going to complain about him. They're just going to complain about the Tea Party. That sounds like a legitimate group that should be taken seriously.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
"We’re supportive of the president, but we getting tired, y’all,” Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) said in August.
The real problem is that somebody who talks like this actually got elected.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
That's fucking hilarious. The article basically says they hate the way things are going under Obama but, because he's black, they aren't going to complain about him. They're just going to complain about the Tea Party. That sounds like a legitimate group that should be taken seriously.
Yeah, good thing these idiots are taken way more seriously than members of the Tea Party or Libertarians who actually have a political philosophy.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Proof that Obama was elected based on his race alone.
A black guy I used to work used to constantly crow about 0bama on Facebook. First black president, yadda-yadda-yadda...

I had a conversation (in person) with him once about it. After asking him several questions, I couldn't find any common ground between him and 0bama. I think that really got to him and I saw it on his face the moment he realized I saw that race was the only reason he voted for the big zero. He's a good dude, comes from a good family - all hardworking people, churchgoing folk... I can't see anything that any of them have in common with our illustrious president outside of skin color, but there is no doubt who they voted for.

Anyhow, this guy has been silent in this regard for the last few months and seems to have removed all the various presidential-related photos from his Facebook page. I think I need to talk to him again next time I see him in person.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
A black guy I used to work used to constantly crow about 0bama on Facebook. First black president, yadda-yadda-yadda...

I had a conversation (in person) with him once about it. After asking him several questions, I couldn't find any common ground between him and 0bama. I think that really got to him and I saw it on his face the moment he realized I saw that race was the only reason he voted for the big zero. He's a good dude, comes from a good family - all hardworking people, churchgoing folk... I can't see anything that any of them have in common with our illustrious president outside of skin color, but there is no doubt who they voted for.

Anyhow, this guy has been silent in this regard for the last few months and seems to have removed all the various presidential-related photos from his Facebook page. I think I need to talk to him again next time I see him in person.
That is a great point. The older black voters are church-goers, hard workers, non-welfare types, hate gangbangers etc. They are pretty conservative, but someone told them that the republicans are racist, so better vote for the liberal. Same goes with the Jews. Judaism is one of the most conservative religions, but they vote almost exclusively democrat.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Barry has gotten more passes then one of those NFL guys that catches passes or the football or sumtin. tsssss tssss tssss

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
That is a great point. The older black voters are church-goers, hard workers, non-welfare types, hate gangbangers etc. They are pretty conservative, but someone told them that the republicans are racist, so better vote for the liberal. Same goes with the Jews. Judaism is one of the most conservative religions, but they vote almost exclusively democrat.
Exactly. This dude is pretty conservative and from what I've seen, so is his entire family. Good people, all work, solid family life, etc. They are "articulate and bright and clean" - as Joe Biden would say, and they speak with "no Negro dialect" as Harry Reid would say.