Gay Organization Viciously Attacked

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
For endorsing Romney. :trollol:

Village Voice Writer: Gay Republicans Like “Jewish Nazis”

On his blog, nightlife writer Michael Musto calls the gay Republican group GOProud traitors for endorsing Romney.

UPDATE: LaSalvia: “Have you seen Michael Musto lately? We aren't going to take serious political advice from a human Muppet.”

Michael Musto, the Village Voice's longtime nightlife columnist, wrote on his blog today that the gay Republican group GOProud are like "Jewish Nazis" or "Black Klan members" because of their endorsement of Mitt Romney.

Musto writes:

So, here's to you and your bizarre contradictions, GoProud.
You're like Jewish Nazis!
Black Klan members!
Women who campaign for Rush Limbaugh
Mexican Republicans!
Roaches who moonlight as exterminators!
Blech, go away.
Many in the gay community have criticized GOProud for the endorsement; Musto follows advice columnist Dan Savage in calling out GOProud in a particularly controversial manner. Savage tweeted last week, "The GOP’s house faggots grab their ankles, right on cue. Pathetic."

"I have no doubt as to the effectiveness of my argument," Musto tweeted a few minutes ago.
GOProud's leaders Jimmy LaSalvia and Chris Barron did not immediately return a request for comment.

UPDATE: LaSalvia responds:

Have you seen Michael Musto lately? We aren't going to take serious political advice from a human Muppet. Musto should stick to writing gossip pieces about Lindsay Lohan, and leave politics to the professionals.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Pretty rich coming from the Democrats when they had a man who could have easily gotten Proposition 8 defeated in California but pussied out, ironically enough. He's the same Democrat who went back on 15+ years of political statements because he thinks he carefully weighed the risks of support of gay marriage and decided it would be profitable to support it now. Hey, President Obama. What's up? How'd you do on the golf course?

Democrats can do things they want to do. We saw Roe V. Wade. We saw it with 9+ trillion dollars of spending.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The relationship between the LGBT community and the democratic party reminds me a lot of Herman Cain's plantation metaphor.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
No, the thing it reminds me the most of are the Bible idiots in the GOP who keep electing people based on what their position on abortion is. The abortion situation hasn't changed in 40 years and yet all of these single-issue dullards dutifully vote for politicians who pinkie-swear promise with sprinkles and a cherry on top to get abortion "banned." Fuckin' idiots.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
No, the thing it reminds me the most of are the Bible idiots in the GOP who keep electing people based on what their position on abortion is. The abortion situation hasn't changed in 40 years and yet all of these single-issue dullards dutifully vote for politicians who pinkie-swear promise with sprinkles and a cherry on top to get abortion "banned." Fuckin' idiots.
They're definitely not without blame.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
That's right, faggots are not allowed to use their amyl popper addled brains to think for themselves. Let big brother do the heavy lifting for ya so you don't have to take your minds off being catty, interior decoration, and the constant Abba playlist that marches through your heads.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Pretty rich coming from the Democrats when they had a man who could have easily gotten Proposition 8 defeated in California but pussied out
Schwarzenegger was a Democrat? "whaa"

Democrats can do things they want to do. We saw Roe V. Wade. We saw it with 9+ trillion dollars of spending.
It's $9 trillion now?

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
5 trillion now and rising. My apologies, the 9 trillion is from Bush to Obama.

The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.
Oh, and the guy in California, who could have influenced the crucial Black vote to vote against Proposition 8 but pussed out was Barack "I opposed gay marriage until it became politically expedient last month" Obama.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
5 trillion now and rising. My apologies, the 9 trillion is from Bush to Obama.
Apology accepted.

Oh, and the guy in California, who could have influenced the crucial Black vote to vote against Proposition 8 but pussed out was Barack "I opposed gay marriage until it became politically expedient last month" Obama.
He personally wasn't for gay marriage, but he came out against Prop 8 several times and supported civil unions and was against DOMA.

Brian Leubitz :: Barack Obama Opposes Prop 8, the anti-marriage amendment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for the opportunity to welcome everyone to the Alice B. Toklas LGBT Democratic Club's Pridc Breakfast and to congratulate you on continuing a legacy of success, stretching back thirty-six years. As one of the oldest and most influential LGBT organizations in the country, you have continually rallied to support Democratic candidates and causes, and have fought tirelessly to secure equal rights and opportunities for LGBT Americans in California and throughout the country.

As the Democratic nominee for President, I am proud to join with and support the LGBT community in an effort to set our nation on a course that recognizes LGBT Americans with full equality under the law. That is why I support extending fully equal rights and benefits to same sex couples under both state and federal law. That is why I support repealing the Defense of Marriage Act and the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy, and the passage of laws to protect LGBT Americans from hate crimes and employment discrimination. And that is why I oppose the divisive and discriminatory efforts to amend the California Constitution, and similar efforts to amend the U.S. Constitution or those of other states.

For too long. issues of LGBT rights have been exploited by those seeking to divide us. It's time to move beyond polarization and live up to our founding promise of equality by treating all our citizens with dignity and respect. This is no less than a core issue about who we are as Democrats and as Americans.

Finally, I want to congratulate all of you who have shown your love for each other by getting married these last few weeks. My thanks again to the Alice B. Toklas LGBT Democratic Club for allowing me to be a part of today's celebration. I look forward to working with you in the coming months and years, and I wish you all continued success.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
I await your next apology with great anticipation...:action-sm

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Barry was his usual cowardly politician self on the gay marriage issue.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Barry said:
For too long. issues of LGBT rights have been exploited by those seeking to divide us.
"And I plan on continuing this time-honored tradition."