General Bitching and Moaning about your car/truck thread

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
All I own is air but I have a huge compressor at the shop.
The newer electrics are actually pretty good and coming down in price.
Durability is much better too.
Lemme know when a 1/4" impact screwgun can drive a 1/2" lag bolt. Cause its the most common driver a carpenter has and ive yet to find one that can drive that size lag which is one of the most common lags we use.

5skin

Lemme know when a 1/4" impact screwgun can drive a 1/2" lag bolt. Cause its the most common driver a carpenter has and ive yet to find one that can drive that size lag which is one of the most common lags we use.
DeWalt 20v will drive 5" ledger locks all day long. Idk any pros still using lags.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
DeWalt 20v will drive 5" ledger locks all day long. Idk any pros still using lags.
Most of us have 18v and we still use lags in south Jersey. I will look into these ledger locks you speak of.

5skin

Most of us have 18v and we still use lags in south Jersey. I will look into these ledger locks you speak of.
Jesus.
Do you still use plywood that curls up and delaminates too or have you discovered OSB?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Jesus.
Do you still use plywood that curls up and delaminates too or have you discovered OSB?
The only osb style plywood ill use is that super heavy duty 3/4" tongue and groove subfloor product i forget the name of it right now

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Ignorance can be overcome with education, stupidity is protecting that ignorance.
Um no ive been forced to use it and dont like it. Its horrible on a roof because you cant walk on it for one. Two when making a header or beam real plywood is stronger. Youre kidding yourself if you think otherwise. That said it's fine for sheeting walls

5skin

Um no ive been forced to use it and dont like it. Its horrible on a roof because you cant walk on it for one. Two when making a header or beam real plywood is stronger. Youre kidding yourself if you think otherwise. That said it's fine for sheeting walls
Plywood absolutely is not stronger.

And I didn't realize you were Hispanic.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Fucking tires for my old ladies Kia at Costco $750 uggggg and they moved at the speed of dark, I made the mistake of watching the guy Mount the tires if he moved any slower they would have dry rotted

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Fucking tires for my old ladies Kia at Costco $750 uggggg and they moved at the speed of dark, I made the mistake of watching the guy Mount the tires if he moved any slower they would have dry rotted
$750? Is it an SUV? I got tires for my Toyota at Sam's Club installed for $603 including taxes/fees a few months ago. Dropped the car off at 8:30AM and had Lyft take me and the wife to breakfast. They called while we were still eating and told me it was done. I grabbed another Lyft back to Sam's Club.

THE FEZ MAN

$750? Is it an SUV? I got tires for my Toyota at Sam's Club installed for $603 including taxes/fees a few months ago. Dropped the car off at 8:30AM and had Lyft take me and the wife to breakfast. They called while we were still eating and told me it was done. I grabbed another Lyft back to Sam's Club.
Yea it’s a Sportage and I put the better Bridgestone tires on it

THE FEZ MAN

Well, what a pain in the ass my truck project is becoming, I went to pick up my wheels yesterday, it started with the first one out of the box having a significant dent in it, then the wheels didn’t fit over the hubs because the hole in the wheels was too small..... grrr...l but, the guy called the manufacturer and they said that boring out the hub was not a big deal, the up side is the tires are cool as fuck looking next to the truck (yes gay I know).
The next fuck up is that the brand new urathane upper control arm bushings don’t fit the brand new upper control arms, the bushing sleeves are .0040 under size, now I know that that may seem like an insignificant amount but they are press fit, and that might as well be a mile

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Well, what a pain in the ass my truck project is becoming, I went to pick up my wheels yesterday, it started with the first one out of the box having a significant dent in it, then the wheels didn’t fit over the hubs because the hole in the wheels was too small..... grrr...l but, the guy called the manufacturer and they said that boring out the hub was not a big deal, the up side is the tires are cool as fuck looking next to the truck (yes gay I know).
The next fuck up is that the brand new urathane upper control arm bushings don’t fit the brand new upper control arms, the bushing sleeves are .0040 under size, now I know that that may seem like an insignificant amount but they are press fit, and that might as well be a mile
You got no one to blame but yourself. You bought a dodge

THE FEZ MAN

So, I did some half assed measurements and the one on the left is the one I pushed out of the brand new control arm, I also checked that measurement against the one installed in the truck, it is an actual inch size 1 11/32 give or take a thousandth.
The ones on the right are the replacements, those numbers must be magical because they don’t equal shit, (really odd sizes that make no sense even for a press fit thousands off of an acceptable press fit for anything “normal” ) I have a feeling that either the bushing sleeves are improperly made, metric, or, just miss packaged, honestly I have a feeling it’s all three, I really hope I can get this straightened out, with either replacing the bushing sleeves or just buying a new kit from another manufacturer, the snafu seems to be that energy suspension is one of the only companies that makes the actual parts, other companies just repackage their components

Last edited:

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
You just need some JB Weld and it'll be good as new.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
driving back from store (good 20min drive) my oil pressure starting dropping out then back up for about 15mins then went down and stayed down. 2mins from home it started screeching so i put it in neutral abd before i could turn the key off the engine cut off. Once i coasted to a stop i tried to restart it nothing. Bitch siezed. That fast between shifting to neutral and reaching for the key it seized. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

ysr50

Donator
driving back from store (good 20min drive) my oil pressure starting dropping out then back up for about 15mins then went down and stayed down. 2mins from home it started screeching so i put it in neutral abd before i could turn the key off the engine cut off. Once i coasted to a stop i tried to restart it nothing. Bitch siezed. That fast between shifting to neutral and reaching for the key it seized. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
Is it your F-150 with the 5.4? When the camphasers on mine started to fuck up on my 2005 the dealer quoted $10K to replace the engine, I'm sure you can get it done cheaper at an independent shop but I wouldn't bother unless you have absolutely no other options, that engine is a piece of shit.

Last edited: