General Bitching and Moaning about your car/truck thread

ysr50

Donator
Is it your F-150 with the 5.4? When the camphasers on mine started to fuck up on my 2005 the dealer quoted $10K to replace the engine, I'm sure you can get it done cheaper at an independent shop but I wouldn't bother unless you have absolutely no other options, that engine is a piece of shit.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Yeah the bed is half rotted away bllah blah blah im not repacing the engine. I got a libe on a used pickup that i shoulf be able to get at least a few years out of

5skin

Yeah the bed is half rotted away bllah blah blah im not repacing the engine. I got a libe on a used pickup that i shoulf be able to get at least a few years out of
I sure hope it doesn't catch fire and insurance have to replace it.

ysr50

Donator
You can probably get some money from a scrapyard to put toward the next truck. It's sad, I really liked my '05, I would have never replaced it if the engine didn't start to fuck up. With the new one I'll never own it without a bumper to bumper warranty, there's so much nonsense going on that even trying to troubleshoot it would be a joke without access to tools that only the dealer has. 10 speeds, twin turbos and who knows what else.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Well ok then.
Maybe your suga....step daddy can give you rides.
I took the bus today. And i might have a new used truck by monday. That ill insure. This thing was just falling apart. The money i had for insurance would get spent on some dumb part every month

5skin

I took the bus today. And i might have a new used truck by monday. That ill insure. This thing was just falling apart. The money i had for insurance would get spent on some dumb part every month
Right on. Once you reach your mid 20s you'll get better with money and advancing your career.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Right on. Once you reach your mid 20s you'll get better with money and advancing your career.
Mid 20s? Shit ain't he knocking on 40?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Mid 20s? Shit ain't he knocking on 40?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yes that was what made it an insult because he called me a man child. Not taking into account the numerous times ive talked about my financial situation because of whats going on with my house. That im essentially scraping by by the skin of my teeth and any issue of $100 or more has serious repercussions on my budget. $100 part breaks on my truck? Well there goes my car insurance payment or my ability to eat for an entire week. Which would you choose? Car insurance or not eat for 7 days? Or do i sacrifice something else? Maybe not make a tax payment so they can take my home from me or maybe dont pay the water bill. Who needs to bathe or make anything that requires water right? Oh i know i could not pay my homeowners insurance so i can get a nice fine from the town that i wont be able to pay so they can put a warrant out for me...but really something must be sacrificed so you can have a running vehicle to make money. What do you choose?

ysr50

Donator
Yes that was what made it an insult because he called me a man child. Not taking into account the numerous times ive talked about my financial situation because of whats going on with my house. That im essentially scraping by by the skin of my teeth and any issue of $100 or more has serious repercussions on my budget. $100 part breaks on my truck? Well there goes my car insurance payment or my ability to eat for an entire week. Which would you choose? Car insurance or not eat for 7 days? Or do i sacrifice something else? Maybe not make a tax payment so they can take my home from me or maybe dont pay the water bill. Who needs to bathe or make anything that requires water right? Oh i know i could not pay my homeowners insurance so i can get a nice fine from the town that i wont be able to pay so they can put a warrant out for me...but really something must be sacrificed so you can have a running vehicle to make money. What do you choose?
Just keep your side of the street clean and things have a tendency to work out. Do whatever you think is the right thing.

Last edited:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
You can probably get some money from a scrapyard to put toward the next truck. It's sad, I really liked my '05, I would have never replaced it if the engine didn't start to fuck up. With the new one I'll never own it without a bumper to bumper warranty, there's so much nonsense going on that even trying to troubleshoot it would be a joke without access to tools that only the dealer has. 10 speeds, twin turbos and who knows what else.
That’s a major reason I’m going to “rebuild” my truck, I have all the tools and diagnostic equipment to work on my current one, I’ve been pricing new trucks for months and I just don’t want to put out $62k for a truck that is fancier than anything I’ve ever owned, once I’m done with the suspension I’m going to work on the body, I’ve got some rot starting over the wheel wells and in the bed (fucking slide in bed liner) going to have one sprayed in.
For 10-15k I will get 10 more years out of it, with the exception of a few recent issues I’ve never put a dime in it, including buying it, I inherited it from my dad when he died and it was brand new then

THE FEZ MAN

Did the brakes on the wife’s KiA this morning, wow what a piece of cake, I did all four wheels in about an hour and that includes turning the car around (too much shit in my garage). We had to take it in for a warrantee repair Thursday and the dealer called saying the brakes were bad, they wanted $500m bag that noise, I bought both fronts and rears OEM pads for $120 at NAPA, yes I know I could have gotten them cheaper but they lasted 40k Miles, and I wanted them immediately because she’s on vacation this week and I had the time.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
As far as repairs go, I don't mind brakes at all. Easy to do in the driveway, MUCH cheaper than having a shop do them. Hard to fuck them up. (Though I did once. Ask me how! :p )

No, actually, please don't. I put a pad in backwards, had the metal on the rotor. Ground the everloving shit out of the rotor. Mistook the grinding noise for pad wear-in for at least a month before I realized it should have stopped by then.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Did the brakes on the wife’s KiA this morning, wow what a piece of cake, I did all four wheels in about an hour and that includes turning the car around (too much shit in my garage). We had to take it in for a warrantee repair Thursday and the dealer called saying the brakes were bad, they wanted $500m bag that noise, I bought both fronts and rears OEM pads for $120 at NAPA, yes I know I could have gotten them cheaper but they lasted 40k Miles, and I wanted them immediately because she’s on vacation this week and I had the time.
I just did tires and brakes on my Tucson.
All original parts that lasted 56k miles.
I bought the same tires again since they wore so well.

THE FEZ MAN

As far as repairs go, I don't mind brakes at all. Easy to do in the driveway, MUCH cheaper than having a shop do them. Hard to fuck them up. (Though I did once. Ask me how! :p )

No, actually, please don't. I put a pad in backwards, had the metal on the rotor. Ground the everloving shit out of the rotor. Mistook the grinding noise for pad wear-in for at least a month before I realized it should have stopped by then.
I’ve never done that, but I know someone who did, I put rear rotors on the front of a car one time

Had this truck given to me, 302, engine shakes violently, sorta won't idle. Drove it 20 miles home but it was kinda dicey. Where should I start to look to diagnose it? I was thinking MAF, air filter, vacuum lines, read something about the balancer can go bad on these motors too.
Edit: also heard timing chain, but it doesn't act like timing, no popping or backfiring, just runs extremely rough and shakes like it's going to break the mounts.

Think I'd pull the plugs 1st and see what they look like
Clean them up a bit if needed an re-install
See if it makes any difference
Don't cost nuthin'
Then go from there

Had this truck given to me, 302, engine shakes violently, sorta won't idle. Drove it 20 miles home but it was kinda dicey. Where should I start to look to diagnose it? I was thinking MAF, air filter, vacuum lines, read something about the balancer can go bad on these motors too.
Edit: also heard timing chain, but it doesn't act like timing, no popping or backfiring, just runs extremely rough and shakes like it's going to break the mounts.

THE FEZ MAN

Finally got my wheels and tires, now to start on the rest of the project

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Spray the intake with 2+2 while idling and see if it changes.
Intake gasket leaks were common on those.

THE FEZ MAN

I’ve decided that I’m going to do the lift kit/ suspension project here at the house and not tie up the lift at the shop, the only thing I don’t have here is an inner tie rod tool and a large set of jack stands, both of which I plan on picking up at Harbor freight tomorrow. I just have a sinking feeling that if I try to do it at the shop I’m going to get rushed and it’s going to piss me off, I have all the tools (except the two I listed) and if I move some things around I will be able to pull the truck in, I just can’t close the door all the way, I’m not worried about heat, but the non stop rain will be an issue because I can’t quite fit my truck all the way into my garage, I just plan on doing the front, then turn the truck around and do the back.
There is a few parts that I want/need to paint once I remove the suspension components like the spindles the sway bar, and where all the stuff mounts, that will absolutely cause “issues” with the shop guys, also if I run into issues I absolutely will just buy what I need (parts hardware etc) that would also cause issues because “not fast enough”
The other major issue is the “engineers” I’ve already planned out every step of the job in my head the last thing I feel like dealing with is “well I would do it this way” or “why are you doing it that way” or “why are you doing it” and my favorite “you’re fucking that up”
So, I’m going to do it at home and probably shoot some video of parts of it

ysr50

Donator
I’ve decided that I’m going to do the lift kit/ suspension project here at the house and not tie up the lift at the shop, the only thing I don’t have here is an inner tie rod tool and a large set of jack stands, both of which I plan on picking up at Harbor freight tomorrow. I just have a sinking feeling that if I try to do it at the shop I’m going to get rushed and it’s going to piss me off, I have all the tools (except the two I listed) and if I move some things around I will be able to pull the truck in, I just can’t close the door all the way, I’m not worried about heat, but the non stop rain will be an issue because I can’t quite fit my truck all the way into my garage, I just plan on doing the front, then turn the truck around and do the back.
There is a few parts that I want/need to paint once I remove the suspension components like the spindles the sway bar, and where all the stuff mounts, that will absolutely cause “issues” with the shop guys, also if I run into issues I absolutely will just buy what I need (parts hardware etc) that would also cause issues because “not fast enough”
The other major issue is the “engineers” I’ve already planned out every step of the job in my head the last thing I feel like dealing with is “well I would do it this way” or “why are you doing it that way” or “why are you doing it” and my favorite “you’re fucking that up”
So, I’m going to do it at home and probably shoot some video of parts of it
I can agree with almost everything you're saying, not having the truck inside would be a deal breaker for me, especially in January. You've already said that Dakota is hard to get parts for so hang-ups are likely. I wish you well and hope you have another vehicle to utilize in the meantime.

THE FEZ MAN

I can agree with almost everything you're saying, not having the truck inside would be a deal breaker for me, especially in January. You've already said that Dakota is hard to get parts for so hang-ups are likely. I wish you well and hope you have another vehicle to utilize in the meantime.
I’ve got my VW running right finally so I’ve got transportation and I don’t plan on needing sheets of plywood this week, you’re right about the door issue, you made me decide to buy a tarp tomorrow while I’m at Harbor freight big enough to cover the door, it’s only a little “too long” basically the the rear bumper sticks out about a foot i can get it in further but I wouldn’t be able to walk in front of the truck and I need access to the front so it will have to hang out. I can put hooks along the garage door frame to hang the tarp, I’ve actually had to do this before at my old shop when we tried to fit a 40’ trailer into a 39’ shop to paint it. I’ve got a kick ass propane “top hat” heater that will drive me out so that’s not an issue but you can bet that it will decide to snow after I get half the front end apart after cutting something with a torch