General Bitching and Moaning about your car/truck thread

click

Hey guess what snow is hard... went a tad too far right off a long bend about a 1/4 mile from my house. And yep all the damage was caused by snow. I thought for sure dude had rocks on his lawn... nope.

Yes this little off roading adventure will cost about $1800... well only $250 deductible really... plus an alignment.
Dude haven't you lived in the frozen north your whole life? You know that shit
is like concrete until April

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Hey guess what snow is hard... went a tad too far right off a long bend about a 1/4 mile from my house. And yep all the damage was caused by snow. I thought for sure dude had rocks on his lawn... nope.

Yes this little off roading adventure will cost about $1800... well only $250 deductible really... plus an alignment.
and what were you doing driving on his lawn? I would put Czech hedgehogs on mine.

Dude haven't you lived in the frozen north your whole life? You know that shit
is like concrete until April
3 Days ago it was pretty fluffy, but got above freezing and of course solidified. Got the quote from the insurance company $1750 and I have a $250 deductible... gonna go get an alignment done today as I don't want to ruin my newish tires.

There is a chunk of plastic from my truck stuck on the snowbank mocking me every time I drive by.

Man plastic is expensive... and could have been worse he had a well head on his lawn about 20' from me... that would have sucked if I hit that.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Doesnt everybody in the north put those around their mailbox to protect it from plow trucks or is that just my family?
I have a friend who had a dairy and his own trucks were cutting the corners over his lawn so he installed them on his front lawn.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
3 Days ago it was pretty fluffy, but got above freezing and of course solidified. Got the quote from the insurance company $1750 and I have a $250 deductible... gonna go get an alignment done today as I don't want to ruin my newish tires.

There is a chunk of plastic from my truck stuck on the snowbank mocking me every time I drive by.

Man plastic is expensive... and could have been worse he had a well head on his lawn about 20' from me... that would have sucked if I hit that.
So why do you need a rear bumper?

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
changing the lock actuators on my VW Beetle as I am tired of the alarm going off at mostly when I am trying to sleep.

I have to remove everything from the doors as these are mounted to the inner panel that holds the motor and window regulator.

Usually it is the drivers side that goes out because of the most use but on mine it seems both are bad, maybe I just got used to the drivers side being bad and when the passenger one went out it forced me to do something.

I also changed the one in the rear hatch as it has been bad for years and I have had a rag stuffed in between the hatch and body to keep the alarm from going off. The rear has 2 parts and I didn't want to buy the wrong part but eventually picked one and bought it and it seems to be the correct one, I need to go buy a lottery ticket with this current winning streak.

So why do you need a rear bumper?
You walk around the vehicle and you take picts of the entire car, and I backed in to a frozen snow bank when I first got it and put a ding it. And I guess they saw it and noted... not gonna spend 500 on a new cover that I know will get dented again as they are wicked thin.

Last edited:
Doesnt everybody in the north put those around their mailbox to protect it from plow trucks or is that just my family?
A lot of people around here just do the ole pole in the 5 gallon bucket filled with concrete knowing their mailbox will be taken out. I had some asshole actually run over my mailbox it actually fractured the concrete and bucket.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
A lot of people around here just do the ole pole in the 5 gallon bucket filled with concrete knowing their mailbox will be taken out. I had some asshole actually run over my mailbox it actually fractured the concrete and bucket.
One of my friends dad put his mail box on a 7ft long 1/2" thick steel ibeam that was 4ft into the ground with concrete. God help who ever hits it

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
You walk around the vehicle and you take picts of the entire car, and I backed in to a frozen snow bank when I first got it and put a ding it. And I guess they saw it and noted... not gonna spend 500 on a new cover that I know will get dented again as they are wicked thin.
Oh, I know what they do. I've been through the process with an adjuster before. I was just curious as to what was wrong with it.

Last year, I took the Amtrak Autotrain and they video your car all around and note any imperfections so you can't claim it happened on the train.

One of my friends dad put his mail box on a 7ft long 1/2" thick steel ibeam that was 4ft into the ground with concrete. God help who ever hits it
I'll have to take a pict of it but dude has his at the end of like a 20' flag pole that is hinged...

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
I have known people who put a 10' telephone pole in the ground and make a pretty boxed in mailbox on the part above ground, see if they purposely run over their mailbox again.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
well my door lock actuator project went awry.

I had the drivers side all done and just needed to raise the window regulator mechanism to set the glass back in and tighten the clamps, got that done and I put the key in and it somehow lowered it all the way down and then back up and the cables got off track and jammed up in the winding mechanism.

I couldn't even get to the clamps again to get the glass out to take the panel out since the panel was held in by the clamped in glass

I found a new regulator panel without the motor and all other stuff I replaced for $56 on ebay

new aftermarket stuff So I used my new cordless angle grinder to cut the inner panel apart so I could get to the glass clamps and get the glass out

then took it all apart and put the glass in and taped it in

now I don't get that part until next thursday maybe

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
well my door lock actuator project went awry.

I had the drivers side all done and just needed to raise the window regulator mechanism to set the glass back in and tighten the clamps, got that done and I put the key in and it somehow lowered it all the way down and then back up and the cables got off track and jammed up in the winding mechanism.

I couldn't even get to the clamps again to get the glass out to take the panel out since the panel was held in by the clamped in glass

I found a new regulator panel without the motor and all other stuff I replaced for $56 on ebay

new aftermarket stuff So I used my new cordless angle grinder to cut the inner panel apart so I could get to the glass clamps and get the glass out

then took it all apart and put the glass in and taped it in

now I don't get that part until next thursday maybe
Did you try Amazon? eBay is a pain in the ass. Doesn’t the entire inner door come out with the glass and the track? I forget, but I know it’s a pain in the ass, and not “normal” thankfully i haven’t had to do my latches yet, my drivers side is bad also, but, as long as I don’t go into the passenger side door it won’t kill the battery, the stupid dome light stays on.
FYI you can actually fix that latch there is a solder connection inside that breaks I found a “fix” on one of the TDI sites.

So, after three days and a panicky call to Crutchfield (shitty Chinese instructions) I now have a stereo

THE FEZ MAN

Dodge was nice enough to provide a template on the inside of the door for the tweeters so flush mounted them, I’m actually really happy with how they turned out

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Did you try Amazon? eBay is a pain in the ass. Doesn’t the entire inner door come out with the glass and the track? I forget, but I know it’s a pain in the ass, and not “normal” thankfully i haven’t had to do my latches yet, my drivers side is bad also, but, as long as I don’t go into the passenger side door it won’t kill the battery, the stupid dome light stays on.
FYI you can actually fix that latch there is a solder connection inside that breaks I found a “fix” on one of the TDI sites.

So, after three days and a panicky call to Crutchfield (shitty Chinese instructions) I now have a stereo

I didn't, I was just sitting out there and found one on Ebay and they garooontee it will be here by next Thursday.

I am off all next week so it should work. I have the glass in the track and taped up right now, it will be ok until the new one gets here

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
The inner panel has the track in it and the glass is hooked inside the door

so I couldn't get the thing apart without either smashing the glass or cutting the inner panel out

and I just put the glass in new today so I wan't going to smash that

THE FEZ MAN

The inner panel has the track in it and the glass is hooked inside the door

so I couldn't get the thing apart without either smashing the glass or cutting the inner panel out

and I just put the glass in new today so I wan't going to smash that
I knew it was a weird set up I distinctly remember watching joe fight with one to the point he started breaking more shit than usual and I had to step in and fix it, I never could understand how someone could claim to be a mechanic yet couldn’t figure out how to take something apart with out destroying it.

I pulled all my door handles out today when I took the door panels out for the speaker install.
I will admit that I’m not going to remove the fixed part of the rear door windows, they are glued in and I just can’t justify taking them out for what ammounts to a earl schibe paint job

THE FEZ MAN

Well, I’ve had an interesting problem pop up that I wasn’t expecting, I now have nowhere to paint my truck, the “kid” who took over my old body shop is being a bit of a bitch about me using the booth, now, I’m not exactly sure if he’s serious or not, but after a few exchanges on hug-book about the subject, and some smart ass comments in person, I’m a little miffed, I was willing to offer him a few hundred bucks to use it, a few gallons of fuel for the torpedo heaters, along with any of the left over supplies, and some help around the shop to catch up on the mountain of work that he has and can’t get done because he’s inexperienced with scheduling, including actually painting the booth he hasn’t bothered to paint yet.

That suggestion has been met with some shitty comments from him including a snotty remark about how much it costs to use and “amateur” and “nothing’s free”

I’m not a huge fan of “old guys” saying “I’ve forgotten more about (insert subject) than you will ever know” but, in this case it’s quite true. I was working in a production shop putting out 12 paint jobs a week following a schedule and keeping a budget, while this kid was still literally shutting his pants and painting his match box cars with magic markers. I spent two years of my time teaching the kid when he wanted to learn bodywork,, I also encouraged him to go get a job at a production shop after glorious leader fired him which he didn’t do and was a mistake... but I digress.

I’m trying to decide if I should go to Depot and buy a few rolls of heavy plastic another high velocity fan and build a booth in my garage, which I can do, and, I’ve actually already done it once on a smaller scale, for about $2-300 and a few hours of my time for a one time use, or do I try to con my wife into allowing me to buy one of these, I can get a chink one with the blowers for about $2000, it wouldn’t be a one time use, because I want to also paint my VW, my trailer (that doesn’t need a booth) and I’ve had to turn down a lot of pocket money work because I have no where to practically paint.

$2000 is a little steep, but, I’m $2000 into materials alone for the paint job... I’m going to float the idea past my wife but I have a feeling she’s going to shoot it down.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Well, I’ve had an interesting problem pop up that I wasn’t expecting, I now have nowhere to paint my truck, the “kid” who took over my old body shop is being a bit of a bitch about me using the booth, now, I’m not exactly sure if he’s serious or not, but after a few exchanges on hug-book about the subject, and some smart ass comments in person, I’m a little miffed, I was willing to offer him a few hundred bucks to use it, a few gallons of fuel for the torpedo heaters, along with any of the left over supplies, and some help around the shop to catch up on the mountain of work that he has and can’t get done because he’s inexperienced with scheduling, including actually painting the booth he hasn’t bothered to paint yet.

That suggestion has been met with some shitty comments from him including a snotty remark about how much it costs to use and “amateur” and “nothing’s free”

I’m not a huge fan of “old guys” saying “I’ve forgotten more about (insert subject) than you will ever know” but, in this case it’s quite true. I was working in a production shop putting out 12 paint jobs a week following a schedule and keeping a budget, while this kid was still literally shutting his pants and painting his match box cars with magic markers. I spent two years of my time teaching the kid when he wanted to learn bodywork,, I also encouraged him to go get a job at a production shop after glorious leader fired him which he didn’t do and was a mistake... but I digress.

I’m trying to decide if I should go to Depot and buy a few rolls of heavy plastic another high velocity fan and build a booth in my garage, which I can do, and, I’ve actually already done it once on a smaller scale, for about $2-300 and a few hours of my time for a one time use, or do I try to con my wife into allowing me to buy one of these, I can get a chink one with the blowers for about $2000, it wouldn’t be a one time use, because I want to also paint my VW, my trailer (that doesn’t need a booth) and I’ve had to turn down a lot of pocket money work because I have no where to practically paint.

$2000 is a little steep, but, I’m $2000 into materials alone for the paint job... I’m going to float the idea past my wife but I have a feeling she’s going to shoot it down.
Lead with all the money you could be making and that itll pay for its self. Plus if you have to get done it would cost that much

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
You can also install a slide and bounce house and rent it out to mexicans on weekends. Think of all the fun that would be

Was talking to a buddy of mine about trying to do auto detail work outside and how you have to work around the sun and other elements. Mainly for polishing stages and then after when you're applying whatever paint protection. He sent me a video on one of these, it was the Chineseium one, fucker came as dense 2 foot cube all wrapped up in tape.

Fortunately, unlike painting those tasks can be pulled off with a tent with some walls, bitch is convienient tents are 10'x10'.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
I think it would work for Fez as he is already experienced in the business and can jump right in and make use of it.

THE FEZ MAN

Was talking to a buddy of mine about trying to do auto detail work outside and how you have to work around the sun and other elements. Mainly for polishing stages and then after when you're applying whatever paint protection. He sent me a video on one of these, it was the Chineseium one, fucker came as dense 2 foot cube all wrapped up in tape.

Fortunately, unlike painting those tasks can be pulled off with a tent with some walls, bitch is convienient tents are 10'x10'.
I have been watching a few videos on them the really nice ones are 5-6k but the chink ones are around that 2k mark and made out of “sail cloth” and not heavy PVC and require additional filters. , your buddy is right, any detail work can be done under an easy up but they are just too small and even the larger ones like I have (I’ve got a 10x20) don’t always work well depending on the angle of the sun. I know i absolutely would have a use for it, I don’t really want to get back into doing bodywork “full time” but doing the occasional “whisky dent” or bumper job would be nice to be able to do without having to worry about getting a ton of shit in the paint, and even with the half assed “booth” I built already, it’s just too dirty in my garage to get even a remotely acceptable job even using “fast” materials.
I’m going to press the wife a little, I started a bit of a hubbub with her mother about fixing a dent in her car, I refused to “fix it” because I had nowhere to paint, same with her girlfriends rear bumper. I just can’t paint in that garage
What’s sad is I could absolutely sand and polish out / smooth any dirt, but, because my truck is black that dirt will show up in the finished product